• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Advice about Ebay

gillenkl

DIS Veteran
I'm starting to hate doing ebay. Every sale is a problem lately.

I was selling 5 gymboree shirts in size 3. The person who won the auction says she was confused and thought she was bidding on 3 shirts in size 5. She said they won't fit her child and wants me to "advise" her what she should do. :confused3 She has 100% feedback and no negs and neither do I and I don't want to start now. So now I will have to pay to relist the items or do a 2nd chance offer? I don't know what to do, please help. I think this buyer should learn to read! :rolleyes:

That's annoying, and I'd WANT to give her "advice" to relist the lot herself if she read it wrong. However, to keep the peace and keep my 100%, I'd do a second chance, or ask her to pay the relisting fee. I think I'd leave only neutral feedback.

The only time I let a buyer out of a winning bid is when he claimed his 10 yo nephew bid on my item (and won) without his knowledge. It was an expensive gamecube, so I believed him and relisted the item (he paid the fee). In your case, that's just annoying. :sad2:

If you want to let her off the hook file a Non Paying Bidder report to mutually agree to cancel transaction. If the buyer agrees to it you will be refunded your final value fee. Then you can either relist or do a second chance offer. I would not leave any feedback in this case. If you leave a neutral it could get you a negative in return.

Amy

Briannesmom I love the name of your store!! Shirt Happens, how creative! It had me :rotfl: ! :thumbsup2

This reminds me of a wacky winner I had last month. They bought some new shoes from me, left me positive feedback & I did the same. I thought it was a done deal. :confused3 THEN about 2 weeks later they emailed me and told me the shoes didn't fit and what was I going to do about it??!!

I think people are getting weirder if that's possible. :rolleyes:

Lives4Disney

Have had that happen in the past, and it is a pain, what I did ( and it's just me I didn't want to leave negative feedback, so I just chalked it up to a loss, I guess it depends on how you feel about the comments). Just my opinion.

Lives4Disney said:
This reminds me of a wacky winner I had last month. They bought some new shoes from me, left me positive feedback & I did the same. I thought it was a done deal. :confused3 THEN about 2 weeks later they emailed me and told me the shoes didn't fit and what was I going to do about it??!!

I think people are getting weirder if that's possible. :rolleyes:

Lives4Disney

That is just nuts! :crazy:

I had a lady buy something from me around Christmas time last year. She bugged me DAILY about when the package would arrive. She too asked me to "advise" her as to what to do. :confused3 I just told her to be patient. :confused3 I wanted so badly to tell her my crystal ball was in the shop! I gave her a delivery confirmation number and you could "see" it was enroute. Finally, I had to tell her once it's mailed it's out of my hands! I didn't know when it would arrive. I didn't garauntee it would arrive before Christmas. Mail is alittle slower during the holidays because of the heavy VOLUME. She said she just didn't understand why it took so long. (Well maybe if you didn't wait to the last minute to purchase a gift & didn't ask for or pay for express shipping things would go your way!) Ugh! :sad2: It did arrive before Christmas, but just barely.

I have had that happen with shoes before. She thought toddler size was youth....it said toddler in the ad. I had her reimburse me for my fees and let it go.

It's really up to personal preference on how to handle it. IMO, she didn't read it right and that is her mistake. I guess if I could get the 2nd chance offer bidder to take the item and it's not much of a loss I'd let it go at that. However, in all honesty if I was the bidder I'd just pay for the item and take it as my mistake = my loss. I also wouldn't base how you're going to handle every situation on FB.

Gillenkl, have you responded to her yet? I thought about it. I'd be nice about it but, I'd remind her she admitted her mistake. She said she was confused and misread. I guess I'd rephrase what she had told me, emphasize that your auction was worded clearly. I'd probably say something like, I'm sorry you made a mistake. :rotfl: But I would tell her I can't be held accountable for her mistake. It wouldn't be fair. :confused3 How could she argue with that?

If it were me, I'd let her off the hook. She made a mistake. She's not refusing to pay. It would be a nice thing to do and good E-bay karma. You could ask for relisting fees if you want.

As far as feedback goes, the only thing I'd suggest would be to not give a neg or a neutral if you come to some agreement. If you agree that she's off the hook, she shouldn't get dinged with negative feedback. (In other words, if you can't be happy with the outcome, just insist she pays.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter