Need advice about bed for 2 yr old.. please help

azcater

Earning My Ears
I need advice regarding the type of bed to use for my 2 yr old while we are on vacation.

Ok, here's the deal.. my son transitioned to a toddler race car bed (it still has the crib mattress in it) but there is nice lip to keep him in bed and from falling out of the bed. So, he's too big for a portable crib or pack and play, so our only option is to take a travel cot or aero bed (spendy!!) We got a travel cot and used it this past weekend and it works but I'm worried about my son sleeping on that for 2 weeks, you know what I mean?

We're staying in a rental house by the way....

I've also considered getting the bed rails for the twin size bed they have, I'm just worried because he's never slept in a regular bed before way high off the ground. His race car bed is very low to the ground. Plus he still moves around a lot when he sleeps.

So, for those of you that have traveled with a 2 yr old, what worked for yoU? By the way sleeping with us is NOT an option.

Thanks so much for the help!

When my daughter was little we'd take the mattress off and just use that. It takes up some room but it was easy for her. Also, if she did 'fall off' she wasn't going to get hurt so no need to add bed rails or anything like that.

You might want to try it out at home by taking his mattress out of his car bed and just put it on the floor. Try it for nap time and progress to one night. If you are concerned about him not wanting to sleep in his bed any more, you can make it a 'camping trip' and put it out in the living room and do a 'camp out' with daddy or something like that.

Just a suggestion.

Best Wishes!

We always just surround our 2yo with pillows in the bed whenever we travel. It works perfectly and he's never come close to rolling out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter