Need advent calendar ideas

philliesflyers

Hockey mom
I have an advent calendar with pockets. I don't want to put candy it in. I am looking for ideas to celebrate the season.

I had seen a list started but can't find it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't mind getting spending a litte $ but nothing huge since that is not the idea.

You could make little notes with special activites like: Play a game after dinner tonight, special dessert tonight, popcorn and a movie tonight, read the night before christmas together etc. All things you can do as a family.

I was also going to suggest notes. You could also do some pins, small bracelets/necklaces if you have girls, or even $5 gift cards.

You could get differn't little things to hang on your tree, like birds , snowflakes or stars.

I am putting trinkets (stickers, erasers, coins, etc) but also a kind deed etc for us to do each day (such as let your sibling choose the bedtime story, hold the door for a stranger etc) to go with our calendar.

You could put a note with one thing you love about your child, or something you think is special about them in each day. Maybe for weekends put a coupon for a big activity - like make cookies with mom. I think I'm going to do this this year too. Much better than chocolate or little toys that won't be interesting come the big unwrapping day.

How about a dreidel or something that would teach your kids about another culture's holiday tradition? When DD was little we tried to introduce her to other people's customs which helped her develop into a more compassionate and understanding person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter