Need a room for 5

donald#1

Earning My Ears
I'm helping a friend plan a trip to Disney. My family has 4 so we never had problems finding a room. His family has 5 and he says he's having difficulty finding accomodations for 5 (on property). He would prefer not to get two rooms as his children too small to be left alone and cost. What options are available for a family of this size for a single room. I have heard of the family suites at the all stars. Is that all? Which hotels have roll aways?

POR will fit five it has a trundle bed. we have stayed there.,it's great will small kids
Kim

What are the ages of the children? If one is under 2 they do not count in the room count. If not it is POR or a deluxe.

The Family Suites at All Star Music will sleep up to 6 persons.

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms
-Cost less than a standard room at AKL or WL
------------------------------------------------------------

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) in Sept. of 2006.

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

Almost all of the Deluxe resorts will allow five in a room (Beach, Yacht, Boardwalk, Poly, CR, Grand Floridian) as will POR, the Family Suites, and the cabins at Fort Wilderness. Another expensive option would be a two bedroom villa at any of the DVC resorts.

If you're looking for plenty of room, I'd go with the ASMu family suites. They are quite roomy and very relaxing. We stayed in one last August and will never stay in a regular room again. Kids can nap in the main room while you relax in the bedroom, it even has it's own TV, for those that are into that thing. I haven't stayed in anything but Value resorts before, so I don't know the comparitive-ness (I make up words, :rotfl: ) of POR.

Andre
pirate:

Just an FYI:

AK Villas have a studio with a Queen bed ,a pull out double sleep sofa and a foldout chair that wll sleep 5 persons. All other studios and 1 bedrooms will only sleep 4 persons.

Linda, the studios don't have the sleeper chair. Only one bedrooms and larger.

All studios only sleep four plus one under the age of three.

Linda, the studios don't have the sleeper chair. Only one bedrooms and larger.

All studios only sleep four plus one under the age of three.

Thanks for catching my mistake.
I did mean 1 bedroom.

To recap:
The AK 1 bedroom Villas are the only DVC 1 bedroom villas that will sleep 5.

All other DVC studios and 1 bedrooms will only sleep 4 persons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter