Need a referral for the current promotion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there different promotions in CA and FL. The one we recieved seems different from what has been listed above (more offered to us). We bought mid-January so maybe the promotion has changed since then.

I'm sure anyone offering to split the referral will be able to find a way to make it work. Why make it sound like they might cheat someone?

exactly:rolleyes1 Sorry if this was offending but (IMHO) I find it difficult to fathom that a 5th level reward will be equally split.
OK..your right...Thanks for the re-focus..I'll be positive and remove the comment:angel:

We just bought add on points with a referral. THe person and I had lots of PMs and she really helped me get info to prepare for the purchase. It was like having a coach before going into battle. I was grateful and I hope she gets something in return!

Katherine

By the way, I am happy to do the same for others interested in purchasing. I compiled all of her wonderful advice and experience into a Word document so that I will have it to share! :cheer2:

exactly:rolleyes1 Sorry if this was offending but (IMHO) I find it difficult to fathom that a 5th level reward will be equally split.
OK..your right...Thanks for the re-focus..I'll be positive and remove the comment:angel:
I totally agree with you on this. I would guess and probably be right that most who offer to split the referral is telling the buyer they will split the $200 level, even if they are at a higher level. At higher levels, the referrer needs to pay taxes and would not come out ahead, but if they are only giving $100 each time , then they can make more.They would essentially be lying to the buyer if they said they would split the referral and are getting a higher level. Just seems kind of an underhanded way to get a referral.

We just bought add on points with a referral. THe person and I had lots of PMs and she really helped me get info to prepare for the purchase. It was like having a coach before going into battle. I was grateful and I hope she gets something in return!

Katherine

By the way, I am happy to do the same for others interested in purchasing. I compiled all of her wonderful advice and experience into a Word document so that I will have it to share! :cheer2:

Why would you need a referral for an add-on? If you are adding on, you are already a member...???? :confused3

becca-becca...........

If a "newbie" doesn't use a members name, nothing lost to the "newbie" and Disney gets to not share & keep the reward $$. :rolleyes1

Hope that helps?? :confused3

This is not totally true.. We just purchased (2 weeks ago) at AK.. The deal was.. You could either take the $8/point off OR get 1 developer point/point purchased (may be a max there) so 250 developer points for us were offered since we were buying 250 points. This was the deal without a referral.

With the Referral, we go the $8/point off AND 160 developer points (this was the max we were told) PLUS the reward went to the person that referred us.

So of course for 90 less developer points we were able to get the best of both worlds.. The discont and some developer points to use so there was a an advantage to having a referral for the "newbie".. :thumbsup2

This is not totally true.. We just purchased (2 weeks ago) at AK.. The deal was.. You could either take the $8/point off OR get 1 developer point/point purchased (may be a max there) so 250 developer points for us were offered since we were buying 250 points. This was the deal without a referral.

With the Referral, we go the $8/point off AND 160 developer points (this was the max we were told) PLUS the reward went to the person that referred us.
So of course for 90 less developer points we were able to get the best of both worlds.. The discont and some developer points to use so there was a an advantage to having a referral for the "newbie".. :thumbsup2

Yea...that's the latest incentive :confused3 :confused3
Think you read my comment incorrectly ...Maybe previous posts should be read before quoting half comments. :goodvibes
BTW... Welcome Home !!

I totally agree with you on this. I would guess and probably be right that most who offer to split the referral is telling the buyer they will split the $200 level, even if they are at a higher level. At higher levels, the referrer needs to pay taxes and would not come out ahead, but if they are only giving $100 each time , then they can make more.They would essentially be lying to the buyer if they said they would split the referral and are getting a higher level. Just seems kind of an underhanded way to get a referral.

Hmmm...so the new buyer getting even $100 (if indeed the referrer did lie about the reward level) would not be as good a deal as getting nothing?

I'm guessing there are only a very few people involved in this thread that would even be affected by the higher reward levels. I know they mean well and have shared some very good information, but their motivation is no different than the people offering to split the incentives. I don't think there's anything underhanded about it.

Yea...that's the latest incentive :confused3 :confused3
Think you read my comment incorrectly ...Maybe previous posts should be read before quoting half comments. :goodvibes
BTW... Welcome Home !!

I was clarifying for the purpose of other people reading your post because it came across as there was no benefit to the buyer for using a referral. :hug:

I totally agree.I think that there are some on here that have to be very close to that level if not at it already.I would split it somehow with people but I always referred people when NC was not able to even get the incentives.
So I would be more than happy to split with someone.You could buy them Disney Dollars so there are ways that you could do it. So I think buyers would be happy to be able to just get 100.00 or I know that I would have when I bought in.
Hmmm...so the new buyer getting even $100 (if indeed the referrer did lie about the reward level) would not be as good a deal as getting nothing?

I'm guessing there are only a very few people involved in this thread that would even be affected by the higher reward levels. I know they mean well and have shared some very good information, but their motivation is no different than the people offering to split the incentives. I don't think there's anything underhanded about it.

We are very satisfied DVC members and would be happy to refer anyone looking to purchase before the end date of 2/18.
Just send a pm!! :goodvibes

Hi....Trying to do our research on becomming a DVC member. Is the promotion for $8/point off or 160 points incentive for AKL good for anyone? Can I just call and be offered the incentives? Or did you need to be there to get them? Hoping to buy soon! Really excited about this. Just trying to get the best deal.....Thanks!

Hi....Trying to do our research on becomming a DVC member. Is the promotion for $8/point off or 160 points incentive for AKL good for anyone? Can I just call and be offered the incentives? Or did you need to be there to get them? Hoping to buy soon! Really excited about this. Just trying to get the best deal.....Thanks!

I think it's a "family and friends" referral price -be happy to refer you! :goodvibes

Hi,I am not sure if you have to be referred by a DVC member but if you do Please let me know if you dont have a referral and I will be glad to help out.
We have been DVC members since 2002 so if you have any questions please do let me know.If you need a guide I can give you the name of mine to help you.

Misty

Hi all,

I am planning to purchase into DVC before the current incentive program ends but need a referral to get the developer points. There are several individuals on this site who contribute regularly and their input has helped me in my decision to purchase DVC. Given that I am new to the site and have only posted once, I am unable to PM those contributors for a referral. If there is anyone willing to give me a referral, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks is advance!!

Jared

Certainly. You can use my name if you like. It is the same as my user ID but with a space between the Diane and the Schlicht. My guide is Rob Shapiro.

I sent you a PM. I am willing to share the referral reward with anyone using us as a referral.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter