Need a recommendation on a hotel for a family of 5.

ashely612

Mouseketeer
This is overwhelming. Too many hotels with parking fees, resort fees, shuttle fees etc. Some with free breakfast and wifi. Where would you stay for a reasonable price?

I dont' know what you're dates are but we have a family of 7 and I found rates at Dessert Inn and Suites across the street for their Parlor suite for $89 a night at the end of May.They have a continental breakfast. But they are also next door to Ihop and Denny's. There is a parking fee and a resort fee but no shuttle fee. You are literally across the street!

We have 3 teens and usually stayed in a standard room with just them and got hotels with 2 queens and a pull out sofa or roll away when trying to save a little. Del sol and Fairfield inn both have large rooms. We have gotten family suites at camilot inn, stay bridge, holiday inn on walnut(this one usually has good prices too)!
Have you tried getawaytoday.com or last minute travel? A lot of hotels on these sites offer free or reduced parking, but I find all the across the street hotels are charging for parking now. But it is usually cheaper than paying for a shuttle for the family!

We stayed at the 2 room suite in Best Western Raffles.
It was a 4 star (out of 5) experience, plenty of food in the mornings, free wifi, good service at housekeeping and the front desk.

Parking is -tight-. And rather than take a bus from Toy Story lot every day, we grabbed a cab which was $10 each way for 8 of us.

I'd highly recommend it.

Desert Inn & Suites is right across the street. No need for a shuttle. There are many different room layouts, you can see them all on their website. The earlier you book, the cheaper their prices are. There is a parking fee, but even with that added it, it was still the best value we could find.

There are five of us...three teen kids...and we stay right across the street at BWPPI in the mini suites. 2 Q beds, and a sofabed. It doesn't have seperate rooms, but it is a larger space with free wifi and breakfast. It works out well for us, and there is no closer hotel.

I would recommend the embassy suites, there are two...one close and one a little farther down the freeway (the one that is farther away offers free parking unless that changed). Both have large rooms, free cooked to order delicious breakfast, and drinks, and snacks in the evenings. We always enjoy staying here, if you factor in the cost of the breakfast apart from the hotel, it helps a little with the price. If you can get it for the 150-180 p night range, I would say that is a good deal. It has a large sitting room with pullout couch in the front and the bedroom in the back. Easily sleeps 6.

We stayed at the desert suites w/ family of 5. It was perfect. We had a room w/ two qns and separate tv room w/ pull out couch. Dh, myself and dd slept in main room and two boys slept in tv room. loved the location. price was 130 total in the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter