Need a recipe for kabobs

minnieandmickey

Queen of the run on sentence!
I was thinking of doing kabobs for the 4th of July and am wondering if anyone has any recipes or ideas for them, I have never made them before so any suggestions would help.Thanks.

We just use chicken, red and/or green peppers, onions and some people use cherry tomatoes although my family prefers more meat than veggies. Pork tenderloin works great too!

For dessert head to the bulk food store and make some candy cabobs too - the kids LOVE them.

We also use mushrooms on our kabobs. Remember to soak the bamboo sticks before cooking or they will burn! I also usually cook the veggies and the meat on different skewers. It doesn't look as nice, but things get done better, IMO.

I like a red wine marinade for beef with garlic, olive oil and spices like oregano and basil. I usually use a bottled italian dressing for the veggies (Newman's Own Low Fat). I can't remember what I do for chicken and shrimp, though.

Robinb - what a great idea cooking separately. My veggies are almost always done before the meat which poses a big problem when you children won't even look at slightly charred veggies! I invested in long metal skewers this year - looking forward to using them ... mmm I'm suddenly smelling barbeque!

Kabobs marinated in Kraft French Dressing are great. I usually use pork as most of the family does not like lamb. I cube pork tenderloin and then put it in a zip lock with a bottle of french dressing overnight or pop it into the freezer. Stores for quite a while in the freezer.

Skewer and grill.

Yum..

BTW, I do not like french dressing on my salad only on the meat.

denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter