Need a recipe for an 8 1/2 pound pork shoulder

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
So It looks like i'm gonna be snowed in today so my plans to go to the store to get ingredients for pulled pork isn't going to happen. Anyone have any recipes or ideas? I'm not sure what to do with it.

I'm so sorry I missed this when you needed it. Our Internet has been intermittent this week with the snow. Even today it's really slow at times & nothing wants to load. But for future reference...

There are 3 pulled pork recipes in the Disney Recipe Exchange thread that might help you. I've done the one from Wilderness Lodge found on page 123: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103&page=123 I didn't do mine on the grill though - I just added a teaspoon or two of Liquid Smoke & then did the pork in my crockpot - nice & slow. It was wonderful!

There is also the recipe from Typhoon Tilly's on page 135 & from Crystal Palace on page 168.

I have also made up my own:

BBQ Ribs

½ c ketchup
1/3 c brown mustard
1 Tbl minced garlic (I used dry, but either would work)
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 Tbl wine vinegar
2 Tbl brown sugar
1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbl steak sauce (I used Lea & Perrins which tastes different than A-1)
½ tsp Tabasco

Mix well & cover ribs. Marinate overnight. Bake at 350 for an hour or so...or just toss in the crock.

I also collected this one from the Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando:

Hard Rock Café Pulled Pork

1 quart hot water
1 quart apple-cider vinegar
1/2 cup Tabasco® sauce
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 pork shoulder, boned (approximately 3 pounds)
In a large bowl, add vinegar, Tabasco sauce and sugar to hot water. Stir to dissolve sugar. Pour marinade over pork, cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
Remove pork from marinade and place in a baking pan. Cook in a preheated 450 degrees F oven until well browned. Cover with foil. Pour some marinade over pork, lower temperature to 300 degrees F, and slow-roast for an additional two hours or until meat pulls away easily from the bone.
Yield: Serving size depends upon personal preference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter