Need a new puppy name and advice!!

hocksocmom

Earning My Ears
We are officially becomming a "dog house" tomorrow afternoon, to a 9 week old FEMALE golden retriever. My brother and sister's dogs both have names beginning with the letter "M" so I am looking for M names or any other suggestions (even Disney characters since we just returned May 3rd). Sanity tips also welcome!! THANKS!!

Congrats on your new "furbaby"...enjoy all the puppy kisses!

One of our "grrrls" is named Misty

how about....

Mabel
Milly
Maisy
Molly
Maddie

Sanity tips....can you say "crate train"!? Check out this site Great Pets there is a wealth of knowledge and wonderful people there to help with every puppy issue under the sun! Hope to see you there too:D

Well, my biggest tip is to put corner plastic on your window sills...the kind you put at the right angle of your walls to keep wall paper from peeling. If you have the type of sill it will hang on to, it will save from your new babie's nails scratching it as she barks out the window:p I also love the kong toys that let you put treats inside them, keeps pet busy for a while. I also agree with the crate training. Our dog liked a beach towel over the top making it cave-like.
As for names DD just said Meeka, Magoo, Malificent(mallie for short) hmmmm, she also says Misfit, but that just doesn't sound nice.
Does it have to be an M name? With that color hair she could be Cinderelli!
Let us know when you choose her name!

Congrats!
My words of advice: TRAINING LESSONS
We have taken our dogs through all the training classes at Petsmart and other advanced classes with other trainers.
They were worth every penny and you and the dog will be better for it.
Our dogs are both Canine Good Citizens, and (proud parent here ;) ) each one passedtheir exam on their first attempt. Even common commands such as down and sit are WONDERFUL tools! ;)
Retrievers are notorious for being hyper. Some owners have trouble with that and get rid of them within a fairly short time. Just like a baby, be patient. :) They are babies, to me. ;)
Have fun. Keep us posted and show some pics if you can!! :)
If she is a little stinker, name her Maleficent. :jester: ;)

The next female bulldog we get (we have a two year old male, Grover) will be Moxie. :teeth:

Goldens have LOTS of spunk and spirit. And lots of MOXIE!!!!!!! :)

Julia

I love Moxie that is cute -- just NOT Maggie, that is a very popular dog name. I thought of Marigold for her color. Have fun with your new baby. My advice, don't feed from the table, don't let her sleep with you and don't let those big brown eyes hypnotize you into any of those bad habits (like we've done with our 85 lb. lab baby who snuggles in the middle every night)!

We got a golden pup about 4 weeks ago. His name is Tucker and is a gem! He's my son's best friend. Buy the "old mother hubbard" Bitz treats. They are a great way to get her attention and train her to listen to your commands. Most trainers do not want a puppy less than 4 months old. Little ones do not have the attention span. Crating is also very useful. Buy lots of toys for her to chew. If she starts to chew on a shoe, pillow, etc. tell her thank you and offer her a treat instead. When she takes the item out of her mouth, take is away and say thank you. This will train her to bring things to you.

Also, read the labels on dog food. Avoid store bought products. Agway has great stuff. Petco offers a brand, Natures Best. It is made by actor Dick Van Patten who is an avid dog lover. All the products are the best and will keep your dog healthy. Don't buy dog food for "large breeds." They have a so-called grower in them and makes the dog grow faster causing a possibility of hip displascia.

Most of all, give her love and plenty of attention!

We had a female golden retriever named Montana - couldn't ask for a better companion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter