• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need a mental break right now

Susan R

Mouseketeer
I don't post too often but always enjoy reading the Dis Boards. Today, I feel like I really need the little bit of escapism that comes from all things Disney.

My Dad died last night and I've spent the morning trying to arrange everything. I am physically and mentally exhausted but can't sleep. I pick up a book and can't concentrate. However, when I came to the boards, I realized that reading the different threads is helping me escape for a bit.

So thank you everyone, even though you don't know me, you've helped me cope today.

Susan

I am *so sorry* to hear about your loss! Please do take care of yourself during this trying time! A mental health break can be a really good thing, and you're right, the DISBoards can be a great place for that.

:grouphug:

Sayhello

Susan, I am so sorry to hear about your father. I will keep you all in my prayers. Please try to take comfort in your memories. We are all here for you.

:grouphug: These boards have been a source of comfort for many, including myself. sending you as much comforting thoughts and feelings as possible. You and your family are in our thoughts. :grouphug:

Sending a big :grouphug: your way. Its certainly a difficult time. We're glad that you can find some diversion here in the DIS. The next few days will be the hardest, but we are all here for you.

So sorry to read this, and sorry for your loss. I, too, like to read the DIS as an escape sometimes, and hope this brings at least some comfort to you. :grouphug:

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

I think the chaos that comes after the loss of a family member is a bit therapeutic.

It keeps our minds and bodies busy and allows us to let the loss be just a tiny bit less overwhelming.

Please know that we are here and always ready to offer our best wishes and prayers.

I am sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

If you need to vent or just talk, we are here for you.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss and having lost both my parents I know exactly what you are currently going through.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with the horrible grief of losing a loved one, particularly a parent . . . I took the bereavement one day at a time to reduce the enormity of the loss . . . but you will find your own personal process that will help you deal with a very difficult time.

My condolences to you and your family members.

You have my sympathy, too. It is no fun to be on the front row of a funeral. I hope you find peace soon.

I am so sorry for your loss. Our family had only been on one vacation the entire time that I was growing up...You guessed it, Disney World. I take my kids every year and let the memories flood over me. I totally understand and want you to know that you are not alone. :grouphug:

Oh Susan I am so very sorry.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
We are all here for you.

:grouphug: I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry to hear of this news, but am glad that you came here to vent and get a break. One of the most special attributes of The DIS is that there's many people who are always willing to listen and help. Hugs.

I don't post too often but always enjoy reading the Dis Boards. Today, I feel like I really need the little bit of escapism that comes from all things Disney.

My Dad died last night and I've spent the morning trying to arrange everything. I am physically and mentally exhausted but can't sleep. I pick up a book and can't concentrate. However, when I came to the boards, I realized that reading the different threads is helping me escape for a bit.

So thank you everyone, even though you don't know me, you've helped me cope today.

Susan

I am so sorry for your loss.

Oh Susan, I'm so sorry. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. A virtual hug will have to do for now. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter