Need A little help

Goin'To'Pluto

Earning My Ears
I have been to disney once and i spent alot of money and i would like some pointers how to save money :confused3 :confused3 :wave: :mickeybar :mickeybar :confused: :confused: :worship: :worship: :idea: :disrocks: :disrocks: :thewave: :disrocks:

I remember there was a whole long thread about saving money at disney to help a family called the Sorrentinos. There were about 500 replies and ideas to save money. Go back a few weeks and you should find it, it has lots of useful ideas. Good luck

Hi Goin'To'Pluto! Welcome to the DISBoards!

You'll find a lot of great ideas already posted and plenty of people here eager to help youmake your trip more affordable. Here are a few of my own ideas:
  • Go during value season. Both onsite and offsite resorts offer lower rates during the slow season, which is referred to as "value season" by Disney. Airfare and car rentals are also generally less expensive during those periods.
  • The whole is not equal to the sum of its parts. By that, I mean that packages can be more expensive than booking everything yourself. Tickets can be purchased for less than what Disney charges, you can get a room-only discount whereas the room portion of the packages is not discounted, and packages often include additional features that you may not need or want. It's best to do your homework and compare both ways.
  • Eat your big meal mid-day. Lunches at the sitdown restaurants are always less expensive than dinner and the portions are more reasonably sized. If you grab a late lunch, you can get by with a lighter meal at dinner. Eating lunch at mid-day also gives you the chance to take a break from the heat and crowds at the middle of the day.
  • Keep chasing after discounts. Even after you've booked your airfare, hotel and rental car, keep checking the internet for a better deal. Some airlines, like Southwest, will allow you to make ticket changes for no charge and they'll even credit you the difference. If you find a cheaper hotel rate than you currently have, call the hotel directly and ask them to match the rate. Rental car rates change like the wind and since they do not charge you for canceling a reservation or changing it, it makes seinse to check back for better rates.
  • Visit the MouseSavers.com website often. Sign up for their change notes (daily updates) and the monthly newsletter. You can find a lot of reader-specific discounts for tickets and rooms thru the newsletter as well as throughout the website itself.

Good luck planning your vacation and don't hesitate to ask questions. We love to help!

My biggest savers are ...bring a water bottle to the parks, split meals where possible (or order double burgers and an extra bun), eat a few breakfasts in your room. Doing research and checking the boards give you great tips on saving money.

My top 2 saving tips at home to provide more money...1) cancel your long distance phone service and use a BJ's phone card...huge savings(at least $15 a month), and 2) don't pay for postage...my checks are all done through online banking...the bank mails the checks...again in my case a $7.00 savings a month.
Good Luck :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter