Need a little help....

BamaGurl

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 4 (2 Adults and 2 kids 16 & 13). Is there a moderate with more than 2 beds? My kids are getting big and sharing a bed will be a little tight. We can make it work with queen beds but was hoping for bunk beds or some other option. I would love to stay in Deluxe but it is too expensive. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have been researching extensively, as my family will not really be comfortable with 2 double beds, even though there are only 4 of us, and we also cannot afford deluxe. CBR is refurbing rooms that will have 2 q and a murphy bed, but that might be a little small for a 13 yo. A o A has family suites, but they run almost as much as some deluxes. All Star Music has family suites which run slightly more than moderate standard prices. Hope all that helps! Good luck!

Note: You will not be able to book the new refurb CBR rooms til at least after the New Year.

I LOVE the idea of two bathrooms but how expensive would that be? How would it compare to a moderate. Would you need two separate reservations?

I have been researching extensively, as my family will not really be comfortable with 2 double beds, even though there are only 4 of us, and we also cannot afford deluxe. CBR is refurbing rooms that will have 2 q and a murphy bed, but that might be a little small for a 13 yo. A o A has family suites, but they run almost as much as some deluxes. All Star Music has family suites which run slightly more than moderate standard prices. Hope all that helps! Good luck!

Note: You will not be able to book the new refurb CBR rooms til at least after the New Year.

Glad to know that I am not the only one :confused3. What size bed is a Murphy bed? I saw a picture of some kind of bed at POR but it looks really small :worried:

All moderates now have 2 queens. CBR will have all rooms 2 queens (except pirate rooms) when their Renos are completed. Both POR Riverside and CBR have some rooms with the Murphy bed. They aren't full sized beds, so depending on how big 13yr old is, he/she may fit.
Some people pack an air mattress.
No moderate has bunk beds.

The cabins at Ft. Wilderness are considered "moderate" resorts. They have a double bed and bunk beds in the bedroom, and then a pull down double bed in the living room.

the cabins have bunk beds.
or you could stay at an AOA suite or an all star music suite for them to have their own sleeping arrangements.

I would go for 2 rooms at a value. That way everyone can have a little space and you will have 2 bathrooms.

We are staying at Coronado Springs and have 2 queen beds. I think most moderates have queens.

The murphy beds at POR are only a hair bigger than a crib mattress. Disney will tell you they are really meant for people age 9 or younger, though if you are a really small adult you can try and squeeze in.

If you decide to go for 2 value rooms, you need to request Connecting Rooms. That means they have the inside door between the 2 rooms. Know that they are a request only, meaning you cannot book connecting rooms, and while Disney does their best to give them out when requested, there is no guarantee you will get them. If you do not, and adult has to sleep in each room. Kids are not allowed to be in a room without an adult.

If you can make it work with 2 queen beds, then any moderate resort except CBR will work. Or if you really like CBR bring along an air mattress and have one of the kids sleep on that.

2 connecting rooms at a value is less than a suite at AOA.. families with 2 adults and 2 kids can get a connecting room with a door between them. It's when the party has more than 2 adults that they can't G/T connecting rooms.

2 connecting rooms at a value is less than a suite at AOA.. families with 2 adults and 2 kids can get a connecting room with a door between them. It's when the party has more than 2 adults that they can't G/T connecting rooms.

Connecting rooms are NEVER guaranteed. Disney even states so on their web site. They are not a bookable category, and it will depend upon availability at check in. Odds are good that they will be given, but it is NOT a for sure thing.

Not True. Connecting rooms are a request only. Indeed if there are 2 or more adults Disney believes you can have 2 separate, non connecting rooms. At least one adult in each

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter