need a good phone card that can be used in the carribean islands...

dis2cruise

Long Island, NY
a while back someone told me that sams clubs had the best? would walmart be the same? is there a sams near disney world i know there is a walmart. or does costco have them too at a good price since i need to pick up a few things before we leave tonight.

thanks
cheryl

You need to pick up a phone card that specifically states International phone card. I know that AT&T sells them at the post office or used to but you can look at wal-mart or costco but again look for International. When you open the card it should have a folded paper with a long list of phone numbers for operators around the world. You find the operator for the country you are in and dial that number then tell them where you want to call.

You might just consider buying the card there you have a much better shot of it working. I took a group of Girl Scouts to Europe last year and several of them had "international" phone cards that we could never make work.

I have used an ATT International phone card from the Caribbean with no problems. I bought it at Sam's Club, Wal-Mart sells them too. Make sure the PIN hasn't been scratched off the back.

Anne

We just used the phones in the Carribean..mostly on the docks. They were pretty inexpensive. You didn't mention if you were cruising, but if you are, the phones are on the dock, and in most of the first areas you hit. Also, as an aside they have internet cafes in even the poorest towns, about .10 - .20 a minute.
We used our Sam's card before we found the cheap phones..which used up lots of minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter