Need a good pasta recipe

mlclements

Mouseketeer
I am looking for a pasta recipe that doesn't contain shredded cheese. I am making lasagna but one person that will be at the party doesn't handle cheese very well. Thanks!!

We often make Pasta with Garlic & Oil as a side dish when I've made too much pasta the night before. An Italian deli near where I worked served it & it's wonderful! It took me a while to get mine as good as theirs. I tried looking up recipes for "Aglio e Olio" & just used those as a basis. Most of the ones online call for fresh garlic, but I've found that using roasted garlic really made a huge difference! I don't use an actual "recipe" but verified what I believe to be the approximate amounts I use with recipes online. Oh - and I've seen recipes that call for basil & oregano which sound sensible in an Italian dish, but they're totally unnecessary. (Why does that word look like it's spelled wrong??)

1/2 pound pasta, cooked (we prefer angel hair)
1/4 c EVOO
6 - 8 cloves roasted garlic (or about 1 Tbl fresh garlic, finely chopped)
1/2 Tbl dried parsley (fresh is better - finely chopped...~ 1/4 cup)
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
anchovy paste ~ 4 inches squeezed from tube* (opt)
splash of white wine to deglaze the pan (opt)

*I got this tip from watching Rachel Ray & trust me - she is right! She said that even if you think you don't like anchovies, squeezing a bit of this into this recipe adds a slightly nutty taste & of course salt that makes a subtle difference.

Heat the oil & add the garlic. Heat until the roasted cloves sort of "melt" (With fresh garlic only cook until it turns pale gold...don't burn it!) & then stir in the anchovy paste. It literally melts away. Turn down the heat & stir the parsley & red pepper flakes. Toss the cooked pasta in the sauce. Add a splash of wine to deglaze the pan before serving.

NOTE: DD likes hers served with Parmesan, but DH likes his with freshly ground black pepper. I tend to eat mine just as it comes from the pan. LOL

The lasagne recipe I use is by Gino D'Campo and only has a little grated parmesan included for the topping - if even that would be too much how about making a spinach sauce instead of bechemal? (Add plenty of nutmeg - yummy!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter