Need a good Disney song to process out on

Broncobilly83

DIS Veteran
OK, I am trying to think of a nice song for us to process out of the church with, after the ceremony. My father's third wedding was "Wild Thing" since they both ride Harleys, so it seem appropriate, though weird. I figure since Disney is both of ours' "Happy Place", and we are spending our honeymoon there, it might be fun to have some music.

We have a great organist, and I run the church where this is happening, so I can do this as a surprise for Betsy, but I am stumped on the song to choose.

Lion King's "Can you feel the Love tonight" seems like a good one, but one everyone might use. I was thinking Aladdin's "Whole New World" but the same thing comes to mind.

ANy ideas?

Neither of us ever saw that one, so that might stump some people, including her. I was thinking iconic, but not campy if possible

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
As dreamers do

Fate is kind
She brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of
Their secret longing

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
Your dreams come true
~~~
What a nice surprise!!!

We are using "Zippity Doo Dah", it's the song played at the end of Splash Mountain (our favorite ride). It's very upbeat which I prefer for a recessional- not sure if many people would get the disney connection or not though

We are using You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story. I just love the song and I hope people will recognize it. It will be played on a guitar. I am thinking a more up beat one like Zippity might be better.

I second "when you wish upon a star"... Its really become an icon of Disney and would work very well in piano.

We're planning on A Whole New World

Like Amyy we have chosen "You've got a friend in me". For the reason that it's upbeat, and most people will know it espically all the kids. We were going to use Ever Ever After because I love it, but in the end we decided that nobody else will recognize it and even though it would be special to us, we wanted our guests to have fun listening and guessing the songs.
Maybe I'll request it during our cake cutting ceremony :goodvibes

ok well i think that the beauty and the beast song is so awesome espc if you can get kyle landrys sheet music for the song he kinda makesit his own...if you wanna hear what it sound like email me

We are using "Zippity Doo Dah", it's the song played at the end of Splash Mountain (our favorite ride). It's very upbeat which I prefer for a recessional- not sure if many people would get the disney connection or not though
I want Zippity Doo Dah as a recessional as well and was confused when you said that nobody would get the Disney connection as here in the UK everybody knows that it is a Disney song!!! Then I remembered that 'Song of the South' the movie from which this song comes, has not been available on video/DVD/blueray in the US for many years as Disney felt that it's storyline (which included characters who were southern plantation slaves) was too racially sensitive for the US market. It is still available to buy here in the UK and so fairly well known by UK families (well, at least Disney fanatic UK families!!!)

Disney gives the brides a CD with organ music to choose our songs. On it is a Disney Melody Song. That's what we are using its so fun! I am not sure if you can find it online.

This probably doesn't count as a 'nice' song but we are using the theme from Indiana Jones as our recessional as we are off to start our new adventure!

Other Disney songs we are using for the the wedding party as they enter are:

Grooms Entrance - Darth Vaders theme
MOH/Bridesmaid - You'll be in my Heart
Flower Girls - A Whole New World
Groomsman - Hukuna Matata
Sand Ceremony - Circle of Life

I would get on iTunes or Amazon and search for Disney songs and start listening to a few until something clicks

as our recessional we used the finale to Fantasmic. Its my husbands favorite music since he is studying to be a music teacher and has to see it every time we go to Disney. I also love how up beat it is.

it depends if you are going to use just the music or if you are using words too. There is a song that is not a Disney song, but has a Disney theme. It's called" Stealing Cinderella". It's about a man going to ask her girlfriends father to marry her. It is beautiful

OK, I am trying to think of a nice song for us to process out of the church with, after the ceremony. My father's third wedding was "Wild Thing" since they both ride Harleys, so it seem appropriate, though weird. I figure since Disney is both of ours' "Happy Place", and we are spending our honeymoon there, it might be fun to have some music.

We have a great organist, and I run the church where this is happening, so I can do this as a surprise for Betsy, but I am stumped on the song to choose.

Lion King's "Can you feel the Love tonight" seems like a good one, but one everyone might use. I was thinking Aladdin's "Whole New World" but the same thing comes to mind.

ANy ideas?

When You Wish Upon A Star
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
So This Is Love
A Whole New World and Can You Feel The Love Tonight are great songs too! I dont think as many people use them as you think- and even if they do, it's YOUR wedding!!

My husband would have liked us to use a song from Splash Mountain - his favorite ride - but I veto'd that. I'd rather not be reminded that later he plans on getting me drenched on that ride. xP

What we plan on using is Baroque Hoedown (Main Street Electrical Parade) on classical guitar. I got the idea after listening to Bibbidi Bobbidi Bach and Heigh-Ho Mozart - I know they're CDs for kids, but I studied music classically for years and it was sooo fun to hear all these Disney themes re-done in the style of classical composers. I would highly recommend listening to them for ideas on ways to interpret some of your Disney favorites.

The Disney Bossa Nova CD is also very chic!

EDIT: Here's a link to these CDs on Amazon - you can listen to the samples:

Heigh-Ho Mozart -
http://www.amazon.com/Heigh-Ho-Mozart-Favorite-Classical-Composers/dp/B002XBZEM8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1277674398&sr=8-1

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bach -
http://www.amazon.com/Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bach-soundtrack-recordings/dp/B00173C84U/ref=pd_sim_dmusic_a_1

And for kicks, the Bossa Nova CD -
http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Bossa-Nova-Various-Artists/dp/B00080EV0M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1277674548&sr=8-1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter