• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need a good cruise travel agent

mndisfam

DIS Veteran
We are very very interested in the possible European cruise!! I called DCL directly, and they said they know nothing about it (yet...)

You could start by clicking the banner at the top of the page. Dreams Unlimited sponsors these forums and specialize in Disney Cruises.

There is no official word yet on the 2007 cruises but agents like Dreams can put you on a list to get pricing.

tstobb said:
I agree - for anything Disney, Dreams Unlimited is the best! Sue Ellen rocks! :cheer2:

::yes:: we always use Sue Ellen.. DU is the place to go for any crusie infor and great price..

I've loved working with Carol at cruiseplanners.com out of TX. She rocks! :thumbsup2

It's not "web" based or email only... you can contact her directly, she returns phone calls (or emails if you send one) and knows the cruise world, especially Disney! Good luck!!! :wave:

I have used a number of TA's for my various trips. Despite their sponsorship of this board, I have not been pleased with Dreams Unlimited. Although the email contact may work for some, it is not for me.

There are some wonderful TAs out there who can get great rates. There are a number of great TAs that a lot of people on this board use.....

Why some TAs and other business are filtered on the DISboards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the DIS Guidelines for posting:

Quote:
5. ADVERTISING: The only commercial advertising permitted on these boards, are those that are contracted through the site. Any posts that are deemed as advertising for a commercial interest will be deleted. Commercial advertising is considered to be any individual posting for the purpose of promoting a for profit organization not directly affiliated with the DIS. Visitors are free to share their experiences with various companies, but anything considered advertising will be deleted and the user will lose posting privileges without discussion.

The travel agents whose names are filtered on this board violated our rules forbidding advertising by actively using the DIS boards to promote and solicit business for themselves, in violation of this rule.

As the quoted rule states, it's fine for posters to share experiences with various companies. But when representatives of those companies post here to solicit business for themselves, they are in violation of our guidelines. If they persist in advertising after being warned, their names are then filtered.

lbgraves said:
Why some TAs and other business are filtered on the DISboards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the DIS Guidelines for posting:

Quote:
5. ADVERTISING: The only commercial advertising permitted on these boards, are those that are contracted through the site. Any posts that are deemed as advertising for a commercial interest will be deleted. Commercial advertising is considered to be any individual posting for the purpose of promoting a for profit organization not directly affiliated with the DIS. Visitors are free to share their experiences with various companies, but anything considered advertising will be deleted and the user will lose posting privileges without discussion.

The travel agents whose names are filtered on this board violated our rules forbidding advertising by actively using the DIS boards to promote and solicit business for themselves, in violation of this rule.

As the quoted rule states, it's fine for posters to share experiences with various companies. But when representatives of those companies post here to solicit business for themselves, they are in violation of our guidelines. If they persist in advertising after being warned, their names are then filtered.

What a joke, like I actually represent any company associated with cruising.

My EXPERIENCE with Dreams Unlimited has been less than stellar. My EXPERIENCE with Joy @ Cruising Co. (booked several upcoming trips) has been amazing. My last cruise was booked through ************who were very friendly and helped me book a last minute surprise for my wife.

Hope this helps!

Disneynut1955 said:

My post was in reference to the previous poster who had a comment that since this board was run by a TA, no other TAs were allowed to be posted. I was simply clarifying the board's guidelines on this subject.

That Med Rumor :) is supposed to happen from what everyone is hearing around the beginning of April.....

We suggest just watching the boards and like most of us will call as soon as they open it to the public (due to DCL is not suppose to be taking wait lists anymore???).

The number we have is 800-511-1333 and if you book direct with them you can then shop around but at least you will not be double or triple booked and the prices wont go off the charts due to so many people holding up so many cabins with just the one family.......the pricing we heard is done by inventory and how many cabins are booking.......so if most guests go direct first and then transfer later "IF" you wanted, the pricing should stay low enough for some of us to hopefully afford to go on the sailings....

JMO

PC

So far So good for us w/DU.

I have dealt w/Sue Ellen and she is wonderful....

If I decide to go with a TA for our next Disney trip- I will choose DU. I had an awesome experience with them, but sadly had to cancel my trip this year. I have worked with other TA's for different trips, and didn't feel they were as helpful. They wore too many hats and didn't specialize in anything. That is just my experience- I'm sure there are many excellent TA's that know Disney. :goodvibes

Disneynut1955 said:

My EXPERIENCE with Dreams Unlimited has been less than stellar. My EXPERIENCE with Joy @ Cruising Co. (booked several upcoming trips) has been amazing. My last cruise was booked through ************who were very friendly and helped me book a last minute surprise for my wife.

Hope this helps!

I agree, I got a pm saying mine was a banned travel agent. I don't quite get it. Why ban some and not others. I also don't work for a travel agency...I was just saying who I used...like the others. I guess some are just to much competition and better service. I have a feeling....my opinion is ban all or ban none....that would make the most sense....but has we all know big brother is taking over........ :rotfl2:

willbug97 said:
I agree, I got a pm saying mine was a banned travel agent. I don't quite get it. Why ban some and not others. I also don't work for a travel agency...I was just saying who I used...like the others. I guess some are just to much competition and better service. I have a feeling....my opinion is ban all or ban none....that would make the most sense....but has we all know big brother is taking over........ :rotfl2:

Willbug,

You are 100% correct. First, there is nothing from DIS Boards telling us posting our experience with any of these other agencies is prohibited. I was admonished by an overzealous moderator that giving the contact information of another travel agent via private message was "against the rules". Of course, when pressed, there is NO written rule available to the members stating this. This is all made up on the fly and not set in stone. They refer back to rule 5 stating that those who work for a travel agency may not advertise. This in no way prohibits what I did.

I was told by this moderator that I could "post my experience with another travel agent" on the board and that "banned" agencies will be filtered out. I did so and was again scolded that I posted a "banned" company. How was I to know they were "banned" as they don't have any such list made available to us. What the moderator was really upset over was that their "filter" did not work. Why blame the poster for that??

It is a sad double standard to threaten a member of this board for doing exactly what I was told I could do! When pressed on this issue and asked that the moderator direct to me this alleged rule, the moderator had nothing to say! Would it not make sense to eliminate threads like this??? Why allow someone to ask for a referral if you don't want your members to give one? Kind of a mob ruled mentality, if someone has found better service elswhere, we better silence those people.

I have no problem following any rules, but I am unable to follow rules that don't exist or that are not disclosed to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter