need a cozy blanket for under $40

dvcdisneyfan

Earning My Ears
I need a fleece (thick) blanket for a teen on my gift list.most seen so cheap feeling and not thick. She prefers animal print on the outside and a thick fleece inside. Pottery barn had one for like $120!!

I got DD a really nice Leopard print at Marshalls last year. I did see some nice ones at Walmart too, if you want a throw.

my wife makes hand tied, 'no sew' fleece blankets. Double layer and warm as anything. Go to JoAnns or any other fabric store, buy two yards each of two different matching fleece materials for about $30-40 bucks depending on whats on sale and the staff can show you how to cut and tie them. Inexpensive and hand made to boot. Or you can contact me and i can send you the instruction sheets she made up to teach coworkers how to make them. She's probably done about 500 of them.

Costco has an AWESOME one right now!! I went and bought one while without power after Sandy and it is plenty warm for snuggling on the couch.

I found a great one at Kohl's - it is super soft and warm. It is The Big One brand.

my wife makes hand tied, 'no sew' fleece blankets. Double layer and warm as anything. Go to JoAnns or any other fabric store, buy two yards each of two different matching fleece materials for about $30-40 bucks depending on whats on sale and the staff can show you how to cut and tie them. Inexpensive and hand made to boot. Or you can contact me and i can send you the instruction sheets she made up to teach coworkers how to make them. She's probably done about 500 of them.

My daughter made one of these for me for Christmas one year and I LOVE it. This is a great suggestion.

Sheila

I saw some really nice cozy/fuzzy blankets at Century 21 last week.
I want to say they were under $20.

I also like the idea of a handmade blanket but if you aren't crafy or don't have the time you could also try ETSY. On a quick search (typing in fleece blanket Leopard and Fleece Blanket Zebra) I found over 500 blankets. Most were priced $40 and under and looked much nicer than what you could buy at a store.

But if you don't like the idea of handmade:

Overstock has them for $18.99

I also found this one for $14.99: http://www.chicksaddlery.com/page/CDS/PROD/99085/AB3975

dvcdisneyfan said:
I need a fleece (thick) blanket for a teen on my gift list.most seen so cheap feeling and not thick. She prefers animal print on the outside and a thick fleece inside. Pottery barn had one for like $120!!

Kohls has awesome fleece blankets... They are soft and warm and wash well. They are also going to be a great deal black Friday!

So I just checked BF ad and the Big One brand fleece blankets normally 39.99 will be 8.99 and they have a zebra print advertised... The sale will end at 1pm on Friday unless you buy online then the sale is til 3pm.

Marshalls/TJ Maxx carry fleece blankets that they call "the softest blanket in the world". I bought them for my boys last winter. They run about $25ish for twin size. A friend had recommended them because they were soft and really warm. We live in a 250 yr old house in the northeast so think COLD. I was surprised at how warm the blankets are. My boys only use that one blanket at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter