Need a couple of answers from the pros!!

ro80

DIS Veteran
First, how many options of jobs do you get to pick, when filling out the applications, or do you not have a choice? Especially if you didn't want to work in the food service and/or housekeeping areas.....

Second, if we opt for the Aug-Jan time frame, how does it work around the holidays, like (I know, stupid question) are you able to travel home for the holiday? My DD really wants to do the program and we would definitely travel down there to be with her for the holidays if she couldn't come home. So, it's really not an issue as much as curiosity. She went to the program demonstration at her college but forgot to ask that. Thanks in advance for any other tips you could provide!!!

1. I remember it being the top three choices. If she doesn't want to work in a certain role, don't select it as a choice.

2. You can always ask to be scheduled off for certain days but there's no guarantee you'll get them; CPers are pretty low on seniority.

1) There is a long list of job areas that you can choose to apply for. You can select as many of them as you want. When they interview you though, they will ask for your top 3 requests.

http://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/students/role_descr/onstage.html

2) Most likely she would not be able to get off for the holidays. CP's are the lowest on the totem pole and Christmas Day is the busiest day in WDW every year. There is ususally 1,000,000 people in the parks and resorts that day. I would suggest planning a trip down to see her but start planning early. The only problem with visiting her during the holidays is that her Main Entrance Pass is blocked out, meaning she cannot use it to get anyone into the parks for free during Christmas week. Here are the block out dates from 2007, and I imagine they will be the same next year:

* Magic Kingdom® Park: July 4, December 25 - 31, 2007

* Epcot®: December 31, 2007

* Disney-MGM Studios: December 27 - 31, 2007

* Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park: April 2-11, December 26-30, 2007

I would suggest visiting the week before Christmas so you can use her cast member perks plus you will probably be able to see her more. Christmas week is a peak time and even if you were there, she could be working 50 hours that week and not have much time to spend with you.

I am thinking of going the 22-27th (Mon-Sat). We have points at SSR so we could stay there. If I could get those dates, that would be perfect!!

1) for options you just pick which ones you want to do, and don't check the ones you don't (and do NOT pick custodial or qsfb if you really don't want to do them- you most likely will be put in one of the 2).

2) 99% of the time CPs work the major holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter