Need A Cheap Solution

My cat destroyed my couch by using it as her own personal litterbox. I finally threw it out (couch, not cat). The problem is that once they "scent" it, they keep on coming back.

I still haven't bought a new couch because I don't want the cat destroying it. I was going to buy a cheap one and hope it outlasts the cat but I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

I did figure out that I could get the couch and put some sort of waterproof matress pad over it and then put a blanket over that. That way she could only ruin the blanket. I hope. I'll let you know.

Good luck!

Too funny, I am leaning towards the opposite with my cat. She's peed all over our carpet and poops behind the couch!!!! I'm a bit fed up. I haven't found anything that works! We used foil behind the couch, it worked for a while but she got over that and pooped there anyway. So we tore up the carpet and haven't replaced it. I'm thinking the cat needs to "run away" :rolleyes1

I forgot to to add my DH has a VERY sensitive sense of smell!! When we sit in the LR (special occasions) we DO NOT notice aANY smell. We would not entertain in there if we did :)

WEE CLEANER is only available online. It is worth its weight in gold. Saved our furniture more times than I can count!! :yay:yay:

Watch out for Nature's Miracle-it stained my carpet. This happened with one of our cats a couple of years ago (we have the microfiber type cushions). We took it over to one of the places that does in home carpet cleaning and they charged me about $20 to clean the cushion. I knew that there was no way that I could clean it by myself and be able to get deep into the cushion (even with my own steam cleaner-I tried it). It came out great.

Ugh! Good luck with that. When we moved into this house the previous owners had two big dogs. Our dog had never peed inside before, but he started peeing in the dining room all the time. I tried all kinds of things, but he must have smelled it from the previous dogs and thought that was where he was suppose to go. I would just put newspapers down in his "favorite" spots if he was going to be home alone. . .at least it made for easier clean up and I could tell if he went there. When we replaced the carpets the pad was NASTY. . .but once the new carpet was in. . he stopped trying to pee there. . whew!

Also, just an FYI. . .we've never had a cat who peed inside. When I was growing up we always had cats. I learned from my mom to put them in a shoe box, as a kitten, with dirt in it. They learn to go in the dirt and prefer to go outside. My cat now has a litter box just in case, but she almost never goes in it. . .I've had the same litter in it now for about 3 years. . .I think she's only used it about 6 times during that time. Of course, if you have indoor only cats that won't work. The only problem I ever remember as a kid is having un-neutered males mark the curtains as they were coming in and out of the sliding glass door to mark their territory when we had a female in heat (my mom bred Siamese cats occasionally). HTH

Oh yeah. . .for cats that are scratching up the couch or curtains. . .tape some balloons on them. Once they pop one of them. . .they'll never do it again. Seems kind of cruel, but it works.

She's an indoor only cat - no claws.

Thanks for telling me wee cleaner is only online - otherwise I would have made a 60 minute trip for nothing!!! lol!

Don't have a solution to offer, but at least now I know I'm not alone with having crazy cat! Our cat Meow is 14 she likes to pee on the rug in the 1/2 bath- so door must stayed closed 24/7. She will pee on any towel or clothes on the floor. She poops in the litter box but pees right in front of it. I buy these big bed wetter pads and put the litter box on top of them - sometimes she pees on them other times she pees like 3 inches off of them. She can go outside via a petdoor- she comes back in to pee and then goes back out. We've spent over $400 at the vet in tha last few months and she has no medical issues- very healthy for her age. The pee drives me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has your cat been tested? I don't remember you saying anything about it in a previous post. I would also take it to the vet for a urinalysis if you have not done it yet.

My cat (grrr) has ruined my couch cushion - again! She peed on it last night and I'm at my wits end.

The cushion has a cloth cover (removable) and the inside is a large feather pillow. This is totally soaked and the last time she did this I honestly didn't get all the smell out.

I need a cheap way to clean or replace this cushion. It is 20in X 62in X 5in. Any help appreciated because I cannot afford to just get rid of the couch.

I would clean it the best I can and then wrap the the whole inside with seran wrap.Try that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter