Need 4 days of ticket suggestions for Universal and Disney...

smkiya

<font color=deeppink>Sorta new. ;) Still gets a ta
It's been a while since I've been on. We just reserved a house this October. It will be 2 adults and 3 children (2 girls ages 13 and 1 boy age 8). While we want to do Magic Kingdom, we would really like to go to Universal as well. We will be there for 1 week, but will only spend 4 days in the parks. The kids like rides and "cool" events. What are your suggestions? The last time I was there was 8 years ago. I was thinking one day in Magic Kingdom and 3 days in the 2 Universal Parks. For those ages, do you think that is best? Would you suggest each of the Universal parks (we don't do water parks), Magic Kingdom and one other Disney Park (which one?), which would be a 2 day Disney and 2 day Universal tickets, in lieu of the 1 day Disney and 3 day Universal? Your ideas and experiences are appreciated. I am aware of the MNSSHP during our stay, we did that when we were there the last time. Any comparison of that versus the Halloween event they are having on Universal City Walk? Thanks!

You are going to have a great time. Now what do you and your family want to do? We all have a different opinion but my thoughts are you wont need three days at Universal. We've been at Universal two days on our last two trips and 5-6 days at Disney. Universal will have more thrill rides and the two Harry Potter parks. Magic Kindom is a must and if your only interested in MK youwill need two days anyway to see a lot of the park. Research and see what your family wants and go with it.

Is everyone super into Harry potter?
If not then IMHO you don't need more than a 1 day park to park ticket for Universal Orlando.
Even if you are into Harry Potter I wouldn't suggest more than a 2 day park to park ticket.
If you go to Universal 2 days then MK one day would be a given and then I'd choose the other Disney park based on input from everyone.
If you go to Universal for 1 day then again one day at MK and then one day at Epcot and one day at one of the other two parks (Personally I'd do HS but that's just me).

Thank you for your replies. Perhaps I will do 2 Disney days and 2 Universal days. The kids love thrill rides and Universal seemed to offer more of that. I will look at more of the threads. I've been to all of the Disney Parks 8 years ago and to Universal Studios in CA, many many years ago (season passes) long before Harry Potter. This time it will be with 2 13 year old girls who can't be bothered with "kiddie rides or shows" and an 8 year old boy who is starting to read Harry Potter books. I appreciate your responses.

Any comparison of that versus the Halloween event they are having on Universal City Walk?

The only Halloween event I know of at Universal is Halloween Horror Nights, which only compares to the Disney event by saying it's NOTHING like the Disney event. I'll never go. DH sort of wants to go, but won't go alone. It's a very frightening event. And it's at at Studios (the park with Diagon Alley), not Citywalk. But maybe I've missed something.

This time it will be with 2 13 year old girls who can't be bothered with "kiddie rides or shows" and an 8 year old boy who is starting to read Harry Potter books.

Is there *anything* at MK that they want to do? By 8 my son was nearly over MK (except for Space Mountain) and at 13 he has only slight interest in any of WDW and with only 4 in-park days would far rather head to Universal the whole time.

Check the Universal calendar, during October, to get ready for HHN, the Studios close at 5pm, while Islands stays open until 8 or so. If you are going on a HHN day, be mindful of the crowds that start to come into the Studios later in the afternoon, as HHN goers can stay in the park, though in holding areas, to wait for HHN to start after the park closes at 5. There's also an uptick in crowds in Islands, as those not going to HHN, want to stay in a park. That said, if the kids like thrill rides, Universal has great rides in both parks. Let the kids check out Universal's website and youtube to see which rides they are interested in. Do the same for Disney. I'd say HS too, as the second park, or if they are interested in animals, then AK. Banshee ride, and Everest, as well as Dinosaur as will as the Whirl and Safari.

Since Potter areas are neat to explore, I'd spend 2 days, with a park to park ticket, to be able to go to both parks and ride the potter train.

Yes, HHN is adult fun and Disney is family fun. While kids can go to HHN, it's gory and scary. A ticket to the Mickey party gets you into MK at 4pm.

I enjoy October, usually nice, warm weather.

I hope you have fun at all the parks. The kids are at a great age to enjoy many of the things to do in all the parks.

And if you have questions about Universal, the threads on the Universal Forum are a good place to start, as said above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter