Need 3 More Rest Recommendations...

tjknitz

DIS Veteran
Hi all!

There are a total of 4 of us going to Disney in September and I have 6 TS credits to use. I know of 3 restuarants that are MUSTS for this trip, but I'm not sure which other 3 reservations I should make - so I'm coming to you - the experts - for your advice.

My travel party will consist of me, my hubby and 2 kids (6 and 3). The MUST DO's are:

Ohana's - dinner (Disney tradition for us)
Hollywood & Vine - (lunch - For Sofia, Jake and Doc McStuffins)
Be Our Guest - dinner (never been and I'm very much looking forward to this)

The restaurants we have been to in the past are:
CRT (breakfast and dinner)
Crystal Palace (lunch - but this was back in 2009)
Chef Mickey (dinner - but again 2009 so I'm very much considering this one since my oldest was only 1 at the time and doesn't remember)
Ohana's - (dinner; this is a tradition for us)
Coral Reef - (dinner)
50's Prime Time - (dinner)

I'm looking for something different that both us parents and my kids would enjoy. I don't necessarily want all character meals because I really want to relax at dinner, although I welcome any and all suggestions.

I need a suggestion for Epcot. I'm leaning towards Akersaus (sp?) but I heard the food is so/so and I also heard it's the same princesses as CRT (true? false?) Is Akersaus buffet style??

I'm leaning towards Akersaus (sp?) but I heard the food is so/so and I also heard it's the same princesses as CRT (true? false?) Is Akersaus buffet style??

In general, most of the princesses at CRT and Akershus are the same. The biggest difference is that Belle (yellow dress) is usually the princess you get your photo taken with at Akershus and Cinderella, Ariel, Snow White, and Aurora are in the dining room. At CRT, you get your photo with Cinderella and Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, and Jasmine are usually in the dining room. Princesses do, on occasion, vary, so there is no way to say for certain who you'll see.

The cold board (appetizers) are on a buffet at Akershus, but the entrees are plated and desserts are served family-style.

How about T-Rex? Or Via Napoli? Good reviews for both. We're going in April. I made our ressies in October and T-Rex was the hardest to get. Out of our 10 days there, there was only one or two with a decent time for dinner. Otherwise the times were after 8:30 p.m. Reviews of the pizza at Via Napoli are very good so we're trying that too. Also doing BOG but just for lunch. After the reviews that it was more atmosphere than about the food, decided just to do a light lunch if possible. Another we enjoy is Cape May Café. Have a magical trip!

Via Napoli!! It is sooooo good. We are trying Teppan Edo this year. They might like the "show" that they put on while cooking.

Epcot has so many great choices! Garden Grill is good if you want characters. If not, then maybe San Angel Inn. The inside of the Mexico pavilion is so cool, and if you sit by the water you can see the boats going on the 3 Amigos ride :thumbsup2

This past trip we had dinner at the Marrakesh and it was fun. Music and dancing, beautiful dining room. DD likes Teppan Edo since they cook in front of you.

We did California Grill a couple of trips ago and it was the best meal of the trip (of a few trips actually ;)). I booked it so that we would be in the restaurant when Wishes started. It worked out perfectly, we paid the check, walk out to the terrace and Wishes started. I know it is a 2 credit restaurant but for us it was worth it :cloud9:

For EPCOT, what about dinner in Germany or Mexico? Neither have characters and both have fun themeing. Germany might be more fun for your little ones, as they have an ump-pah band and the kiddies can dance around while you and your spouse enjoy a HUGE beer. Mexico is much more subdued of an atmosphere but it looks like you're in a Mexican courtyard in the evening (complete with sunset and volcano in the background).

Some other fun ones:
Sci Fi (HS)
Tusker House (AK, fab 5 characters)
Raglan Road (DTD)

I need a suggestion for Epcot. I'm leaning towards Akersaus (sp?) but I heard the food is so/so and I also heard it's the same princesses as CRT (true? false?) Is Akersaus buffet style??

We love Akershus for dinner. It's one of our favorites! For dinner, you start out with a cold buffet. It includes a variety of salads, cold meats, cheeses, bread, peel-n-eat shrimp, salmon, etc. Very yummy. You select from a variety of entrees. We've enjoyed every meal we've had there. I love the mushroom filled pasta. It was on of the best meals I had on our last trips. Yes, the characters are the same as CRT (they vary at both). At Akershus, we've always seen Cinderella, Belle (at front with picture), Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and last time we saw Jasmine too. I would highly recommend going here.

I would also suggest Teppan Edo and Biergarten at Epcot. Good food and fun atmosphere at both (love the setting/scenery at Biergarten & dance floor/band for the kids there too).

For EPCOT, what about dinner in Germany or Mexico? Neither have characters and both have fun themeing. Germany might be more fun for your little ones, as they have an ump-pah band and the kiddies can dance around while you and your spouse enjoy a HUGE beer. Mexico is much more subdued of an atmosphere but it looks like you're in a Mexican courtyard in the evening (complete with sunset and volcano in the background).

Some other fun ones:
Sci Fi (HS)
Tusker House (AK, fab 5 characters)
Raglan Road (DTD)

Mexico and Germany are our favorites too. Love the atmosphere and food at both.

Mexico - when our kids were little, my husband would take then on the ride right after we ordered dinner! If the line is short, it is fun for the kids!

Our 4 year old loved Biergarten in Germany! It is definitely different and not like anything you will see at home. The band is fun and we happened to be sat with another family with a son around our sons age and they became quick friends:)

Via Napoli and Tutto Italia are our favorites at Epcot. The Mexican restaurant is not as good as it use to be but the fast service is good and our favorite to eat while watching Illuminations.

Some others we like are- Raglan Road at DTD, and Chef Mickeys at Contemporary.

Morocco was a fun show, but I just wanted to add that my kids HATED the food. And us, as adults, we were not super pleased with the food either.

I'm glad to hear some folks like Germany. It's been on our maybe list for a couple years but I thought our kids my turn up their noses at the food.

We've enjoyed both Biergarten and Via Napoli and I don't think you can go wrong at either place. Biergarten has a fun theme, the food is good, and the music and entertainment very enjoyable.

I would definitely recommend Sci Fi in HS.
Burgers, fries, onion rings, fried pickles, sooooo good
Quite and unique atmosphere.
You sit in a car with a drive in-theater theme under twinkling stars. This is the one place that my family requests for a ressie every year! We have been going since they were 11, 12, 13 & 15 and they are now 33, 34, 35 & 37 so now we get to enjoy it will our grandkids!

We also LOVE the Tusker House breakfast, it can get a little rowdy but it is delicious and the character parade is always fun.

Why not go to Epcot on your Ohana day, jump on the monorail to the Poly and then come back?? Just an idea.

I do agree with the restraunt in Mexico. Very quite, good food and beautiful atmosphere and the kids like the boat ride.

Cape May breakfast is now our new favorite! We absolutely loved it.

For a non character breakfast, i'd suggest Olivia's Cafe- great food at a decent price!

Here are our must do's....

Magic kingdom-

Liberty Tree Tavern - Lunch- The pot roast is delicious!

Hollywood Studios -

Mama Melrose - Lunch/dinner - We ate there in December. The steak was very good and my kids wolfed down their pasta.

Sci fi - lunch/dinner - fun atmosphere, good food

Epcot

Les Chefs of France - my husband loves the steak and my teenagers love the Mac and cheese

Animal Kingdom

None - unfortunately . We always leave the park to eat table service

Resorts

Whispering canyon cafe - fun atmosphere, good food

1900 park fare - breakfast/dinner - characters are fun!

Cape May cafe - breakfast/dinner - breakfast is fun with the characters, for dinner, all you can eat crab legs.

Captain Grille - dinner - clam chowder , steak...yummy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter