Nearly gave myself a heart attack!!

Beezle2

Hi-Yah!
I am still working on our NYE dining plans and was surprised to see LeCellier keep coming up. I wasn't paying near enough attention because I almost ok'ed a prepay amount of $748 :) for 3 for dinner. $200 each, plus tax, plus a $108 dollar tip...:crazy2: too rich for my blood! Man the prices are high for the NYE specialty events!

Yowza....that is pricey! Just being there is special enough - find another place to enjoy your NYE!

>>>

That was my first choice for the date because it is our 20th..yeah huge shock :) not happening,lol!
Happy 20th!! NYE is our 25th Anniversary!! As much as I would love to experience California Grill on NYE I could never even consider spending that much on one special event meal even if it is our anniversary...but I would LOVE to see a review and pics from someone just to see what you get for that price :)
We're celebrating our anniversary earlier this year in Oct at Food and Wine Fest.

Happy 20th!! NYE is our 25th Anniversary!! As much as I would love to experience California Grill on NYE I could never even consider spending that much on one special event meal even if it is our anniversary...but I would LOVE to see a review and pics from someone just to see what you get for that price :)
We're celebrating our anniversary earlier this year in Oct at Food and Wine Fest.
>>>

Well Happy 25th to you!! We are just happy to be there and are going to brave Epcot for the evening. Maybe we will get lucky and someone will share pictures so we can see what we missed at CG!!:rockband: :drinking1

>>>

I know I'm not livin' right :P It would give me the vapors to pay that much for a meal!

I *have* paid that much for a meal - notably at Morimoto in Philadelphia for the omakase (chef's choice) AND a wine pairing. It was magnificent and memorable and something I'd do again.

When it comes to Disney, I'd consider doing that at V&A or Morimoto's when it opens. I would not do it for Le Cellier or La Hacienda.

It's not just a meal folks. It's New Years Eve at Disney World. You get a nice party event too. One that everyone staying there at the time wants. I want it too but I'm thinking if I was staying there then I'd order the booze from Garden Grocer and have the meal at Riverside Mill then go nuts at the room.

I don't even think we spent that much on our wedding.:eek: I don't know if anything is worth $1250 for two people to eat dinner. Maybe in my next life that will be pocket change.

It's not just a meal folks. It's New Years Eve at Disney World. You get a nice party event too. One that everyone staying there at the time wants. I want it too but I'm thinking if I was staying there then I'd order the booze from Garden Grocer and have the meal at Riverside Mill then go nuts at the room.
>>>

At $1250 for the "experience" + meal at CG I'm not embarrassed to say it's out of my budget. I tend to want something tangible for money like that. We are hitting up Epcot to dance the night away with the great unwashed masses..and I bet we spend less than $1250 for the whole 7 day stay.Still NYE at Disney World! Whoot :dance3::jumping1::dance3:

You couldn't give me $700 and a free meal to spend NYE at Epcot or Mk again. The crowds, the lines for the bathrooms, the crowds, the lines for anything, the crowds.. I love all things Disney. NYE in the parks is not for me. Might consider California Grill, but not those prices. I've eaten there and would be hard pressed to spend that kind of money for that food... whew!

I wonder what the Hess Station gets for a NYE rate? Stick of jerky, six pack, a bag of Funyuns--$135??? ;)

LOL..if you want some more sticker shock check out the NYE prices for California Grill ;)

Yup, when I read OP's post I thought that was a bargain!

One day I may brave a park but for now my NYEs in Orlando = a hotel room high up with a view of the fireworks at all the Disney Parks, Universal and Orlando JW Marriott (they are awesome)! We get cold shrimp and other appetizer type foods, our own beverages and enjoy the show. No people, no traffic and in bed before we know it.

We also did this for Memorial Day weekend. Wishes, Illuminations, Star Wars Extravaganza, several over by Univeral/Downtown and the best of them all was Marriott's. WOW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter