• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

nearest grocery store?

ChickenCarlos

<font color=darkorchid>"Shift yer cargo dearie, sh
so we are planning on staying at the contemporary bay towers when they open in a one bedroom villa, but we are planning on going to a grocery store on the first day to get some breakfast and snack stuff for our stay, does anybody know the closest grocery store for food and/or laundry stuff?; also we are not renting a car so would a taxi cab be the best idea for travel outside the resort or do they have buses that go outside the park?

If you are just looking for basics there is a small trendy grocery strore directly across from Hotel Plaza Blvd in Lake Buena Vista.

Here are the details:

Goodings - www.goodings.com
Lake Buena Vista - SR 535 & Hotel Plaza Blvd (407) 827-1200
Open 24 hours
Located at the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd in the Crossroads Shopping Center near Downtown Disney.

They tend to be more expensive than Publix or Sweetbay but are the closest.

Publix also has a couple in the area -- 1 on Vineland across from the outlet mall, 1 on 192 west, and another on 192 east. Google Publix and you will find the information you need.

thanks, i also heard that there was a super wal-mart near by anybody know about how close that is??

I remember seeing there was both a Super Wal-Mart and a Sam's Club, all within about 3 miles. Go to mapquest and plot out your location, and then look for grocery stores from there.

Goodings is very convenient, but the prices are as high as the Tower of Terror and just about as scary.

There is a Winn-Dixie less than a half mile from Goodings. If you're at the Crossroads where Goodings is, coming from Hotel Plaza Boulelvard and Downtown Disney, take a left and Winn-Dixie will be on your right just a bit down the road.

We found the concierge folks at the resorts are really helpful - at AKV, they had pre-printed business card sized directions to grocery stores, Wal-Mart, drugstores, etc.

Yep, you're gonna need to take a taxi, unless you are using a town car service from the airport. They routinely make stops for folks staying in DVC villas.

Thanks, i was looking into that towncar/limo service as maybe a surprise for my girlfriend, has anybody done this, does a round trip mean to the hotel from airport and then when you leave to the airport from hotel or is it just all around orlando and back, i did notice that they will stop for 30 min at a grocery store. that is neat.

There is a Winn-Dixie less than a half mile from Goodings. If you're at the Crossroads where Goodings is, coming from Hotel Plaza Boulelvard and Downtown Disney, take a left and Winn-Dixie will be on your right just a bit down the road.

Oh yes, forgot about the W-D, we shop here before leaving so I forget about what is past the entrance to DD. That is a great location and much better prices.

Have you thought about using Gardengrocer.com? It was perfect for our stay at SSR in a 2 bedroom villa. We just ordered everything we needed for the stay online, and they delivered it to our room the first day. You don't even have to be in the room when the food comes. Our cold items were put nicely away in the fridge by bell services when we came back after Wishes our first night, and other items on the counter. The prices were reasonable and you cant beat the convienence! More park time!!

I have used gardengrocer.com numerous times and they are wonderful. Go to their website select your order and let them know when you want it delivered. Quick and easy.

Go to Google Maps and enter Publix near 32830 to find the location of all the Publix near Walt Disney World. Click on the one you want and get directions.

This same tip works for just about anything. Want to know the nearest Pizza place? Just substitute Pizza for Publix. How about Walmart? Same thing.

This is more a resorts than restaurant question as it is about stocking your resort room - moving it to the Resorts board.

1. You can pay for a taxi to a nearby Walmart or other grocery store. This could easily get up to $75 + tip for roundtrip.

2. You can order some items from places like gardengrocer.com and have them delivered to your resort coincidental to your check-in.

3. Depending on what all you want - you can take a bus to DTD and walk across the street to the HESS Station there. It's like your typical convenience store. And then back across the street and back on the bus to your resort.

Knox

I have used gardengrocer.com numerous times and they are wonderful. Go to their website select your order and let them know when you want it delivered. Quick and easy.

I used it on our last trip as well and I would absolutely use them again! The delivery fee was worth it for me, instead of paying for a cab to head over to the supermarket and more of a timesaver. We only had a few days and I rather would spend that time in the park than going back and forth in a cab.

if you don't have a car gardengrocer.com might be your best bet. they're expensive but do deliver so it's a convience factor. If you planned on taking a cab someplace you might want to go to Publix then, their prices are way better then Goodings who's prices are outrageous to say the least.

There is also a Publix in the Regency Village Shopping Center, which is located at 8145 Vineland Ave and it's behind the Premium Outlet Mall.

Also the closest Wal-Mart Supercenter is located at 3250 Vineland Road.

Finally both those stores are located very close to any WDW entrance gates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter