nearby hotel

rbrainerd

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know of a hotel close to the vista way apartments? My family is finding it hard to find a resort on site so I was thinking something close to the apartments would be nice.

The marriott village is pretty close, it has a courtyard, a springhill and I think it is a fairfield

I've heard A LOT of people stay at the Holiday inn Sunspree.. its literally across the street from Vista Way. I am staying there the night before check in and the normal rates were like $75 but they have a prepay rate of $54 but if you cancel you don't get any of your money back. From the website it looks pretty decent.

Marriott Village is like a block away. My parents stayed at the Fairfield Inn there. It was nice, good spread for a continental breakfast (this was 5 years ago so don't know what has changed since then).

Technically speaking the Holiday Inn Sunspree is closer (within walking distance). However, the Marriott is pretty close as well, but I wouldn't walk it.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=100021101601552632234.00046901c849969dc83e3&ll=28.375769,-81.502569&spn=0.016878,0.033131&t=h&z=15

ms

Are the different apartment complexes all by each other? Say if I don't get put into Vista Way and get put into one of the other two, is the Holiday Inn still walking distance to the other two as well?

No, Chatham is up the road and to the right of Vista, as is Patterson. I'm not sure, but I think they'll will have some kind of transportation from Vista to Chatham/Patterson if you don't have a car/way to get there.

Go to GoogleEarth and you'll see what I'm talking about.

My friend stayed at Sunspree the night before and said it was pretty nice. That's where a lot of the CPers stay so you would have a chance to meet some before check-in.

BabyPiglet is right... there will be transportation between the complexes. There is not a hotel within walking distance of Chatham and Patterson, the marriott would be the closest. I'll add Chatham to the map above! Patterson does not exist on google maps, it's just dirt.

If I were to stay at the holiday inn sunspree how would I get there in the morning? Could I just walk there or would I have to take a taxi? TIA

If I were to stay at the holiday inn sunspree how would I get there in the morning? Could I just walk there or would I have to take a taxi? TIA

to vista: you could walk easily (five minutes with the light changes). depending on how much stuff you bring, of course. if you have 8 trunks and two suitcases, better take a cab.

to chatham and patterson: you'd need a taxi.

So they don't provide transportation to chatham or patterson from Vista Way? Also I know this is a silly question but Im from a very small town and im flying down by myself so I don't know how to go about getting a taxi. Is there a number I call or how does that work? TIA!

No, there ARE busses - you just have to get to Vista. You can find all kinds of phone numbers for cab companies on-line.

Hi everyone! We returned from Orlando last weekend after helping our daughter move down. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree and it was VERY convenient. Very close to Vista. Personally, I wasnt crazy at all about our room, but if you're only staying for a nite, its ok. Plus, another girl we know stayed there and her room seemed nicer than ours. And the price is definately good--I believe I paid only $54 --its a deal they have going--but if you cancel, you wont get your $$ back. Right across the street from the hotel is a chic-fil-a. We always enjoy eating there since we have none in the Chicagoland area. My daughter has her car there and got to Vista EARLY--like 7:30am-- and check in isnt till 9am-- however, there was already a long line. So, be sure you get there early. Vista is actually across the street and I would say approx. 1/2 block east of the hotel. Once you cross state road 535 which is right in front of the hotel, you just walk down to Vista, as I said --about 1/2 block away. My daughter had her check in-- got her apt keys and met us at Chic-fil-a for lunch---you can walk there from Vista. Go on google earth and you'll see. Anyway, after lunch we drove to Chatham and moved her in before there was another meeting at 3pm. Everything went really well and she's settled in and loving it. For those of you bringing a car, be sure you have proof of insurance and the car registration!

So they don't provide transportation to chatham or patterson from Vista Way?

You have to have your housing ID to get on the buses. So like I said, you'll have to walk from your hotel or take a cab TO Vista for registration (and if you're moving in there and have all your stuff AT the Sunspree, because the buses won't drive across the street to the hotel). But, after that, the buses will take you to the other housing complexes.

No, Chatham is up the road and to the right of Vista, as is Patterson. I'm not sure, but I think they'll will have some kind of transportation from Vista to Chatham/Patterson if you don't have a car/way to get there.

Go to GoogleEarth and you'll see what I'm talking about.

My friend stayed at Sunspree the night before and said it was pretty nice. That's where a lot of the CPers stay so you would have a chance to meet some before check-in.

I'm pretty sure Patterson is directly across the street from Chatham, hence why Chatham has a bus stop and Patterson does not. I guess they figure that since they're so close together, they only need one?

Patterson is around the corner from Chatham (5-10 min walk depending on your building) - which can be a jaunt with luggage, but not a hard walk if it's just you in your costume.

We are staying at the Marriot Courtyard and it is very nice. All the hotels mentioned are really close to each other. Actually we are very surprised how everything is so close and easy to find once you have time to drive around.

Just got back from bringing our son down for the fall advantage. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree...very convenient to Vista Way and Chatham/Patterson court complexes. Also convenient to Walmart, Publix, Walgreens and a host of other stores CP's need to stock their apartments. everything is really close. We found the Holiday Inn Sunspree more than met our needs for the three days we were there. Nice pool, comfy beds and a great shower. The common areas are a little run down but it was more than adequate for what we needed. We rented a car at the airport from Dollar (The cheapest we found) and were at the hotel in about 30 minutes. Take 535 south off of 417 from the airport. Very easy drive. If we can help answer any questions please just let us know. Our son was at the MK tonight after his Traditions meeting...he was so happy :goodvibes

Most of the recommendations have focused on location, but I'm driving down, and so a 10 or 15 minute drive from my hotel over to Vista wouldn't really bother me. Anyone have any specific recommendations based solely on cheapness/cleanliness ratio? I just want to find the best value.

You have to have your housing ID to get on the buses. So like I said, you'll have to walk from your hotel or take a cab TO Vista for registration (and if you're moving in there and have all your stuff AT the Sunspree, because the buses won't drive across the street to the hotel). But, after that, the buses will take you to the other housing complexes.

Can you just leave your stuff at the hotel (the HI Sunspree), go to Vista for registration, and then go back to get your stuff from the hotel and bring it back to Vista to use the busses? I'm just curious because I don't want to be hauling my stuff around during registration. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter