NE Magic on Sept 12, 2012

Hey does anyone know if the Lincoln Tunnel will take Ez-pass for the toll? We are driving and I just want to know if I need to make sure to have the $12 change for the bridge to New York and back again before I spend it all :rotfl2:

This may actually help those who inquired about bringing alcohol on as well as carry-on size. I found this on the DCL web page under "Alcohol Onboard Policy":

Question
May Guests bring alcohol onboard?

Answer
While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:

Outside alcohol cannot be consumed in any lounge or public area
At Palo and Remy, a $20 corkage fee will be charged for outside wine and champagne
Beverages must be packed in your carry-on bag—which must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension
Please note: Disney Cruise Line reserves the right to remove fragile items (including beverages) from checked luggage. In such cases, items will be stored and returned at the end of the voyage. Beverage containers are considered fragile and have previously caused damage in checked luggage. All fragile items must be transported inside carry-on luggage

Hope this helps everyone

So we are driving to the port.....is there a limit on the size of my carry-on that I physically bring on the ship with me? There's no restrictions like the airlines, right? Can I bring my 25 in suitcase v. my 20 in. carry-on? I know that we check the big ones with the porters at the curb........

#2098 for us!
Lynn, I tried sending a fb msg, but not sure you received it (unable to pm due to low # of posts)?

I do not get FB messages from folks until I send them one first???? What is your name on FB and I will send you a message so that I can get yours.

linda679699 said:
Hey does anyone know if the Lincoln Tunnel will take Ez-pass for the toll? We are driving and I just want to know if I need to make sure to have the $12 change for the bridge to New York and back again before I spend it all :rotfl2:

They all take ezpass but you only get charged on the way in to NYC not on the way out!

For those of you not on FB, we have a room number for Nikki - 6606. Still have not heard from Donnetta to confirm her room number.

Awhile back I thought someone posted there was a meet and greet at 2:30 in the Prominade lounge. Am I correct? Also, has anyone posted about formal, semiformal, or pirate night? Alex

Hi! This is the first time to reply.
I'm from Japan. with my mom &her firiend.
I can speak English a little little,,,but,I hope to talk with many people.
I applied FB .
I can't wait for this cruise:rotfl2:

:cool1: Will be on our way to NYC a week from today! Will spend a night before the cruise at our favorite NY hotel, The Casablanca, and catching a show.

Been watching the weather in Saint John and Halifax; the next week looks like highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 50s. Just hope it's sunny. Guess we'll be bringing layers.

Melisa, thanks for posting the official movie list for our cruise. See ya soon.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2986145

Haven't had time to read the whole thread, but I haven't seen a Champagne Girls meet mentioned. Did I miss something?

Andrea

I applied FB .

Welcome! See you at the DIS meet on embarkation day at 2:30 in the Promenade Lounge. Looking forward to talking to you.

Andrea

SorryI was out of town. My cabin number is 6558

Thanks Donnetta!

Awhile back I thought someone posted there was a meet and greet at 2:30 in the Prominade lounge. Am I correct? Also, has anyone posted about formal, semiformal, or pirate night? Alex
Alex, yes to the meet and greet, don't know about formal night stuff, it was posted but I do not remember when.

I applied FB .
Welcome to the cruise!

:cool1: Will be on our way to NYC a week from today! Will spend a night before the cruise at our favorite NY hotel, The Casablanca, and catching a show.

Been watching the weather in Saint John and Halifax; the next week looks like highs in the low 70s and lows in the mid 50s. Just hope it's sunny. Guess we'll be bringing layers.

Haven't had time to read the whole thread, but I haven't seen a Champagne Girls meet mentioned. Did I miss something?

Andrea

Andrea, I have not seen anything about Champagne Girls meet on this cruise. (iPad not cooperating with posted today).

vakamalua said:

Andrea

What's a champagne girls meet?

What's a champagne girls meet?

Technically, 'Champagne Girls' just means two or more adult girls getting together to drink champagne. It started a few years ago on DCL and the tradition just keeps evolving.

It can be hugely complicated, like arranging for a room and paying for tastings (usually longer cruises) OR very simple, like meeting in a lounge and ordering any beverage you like, alcoholic or not (usually shorter cruises) OR somewhere in between, like the one Melisa and I shared on the 2010 WBTA where about 50 lovely ladies brought our own bottles of champagne and crammed into a suite. The only requirement is to enjoy each other's company and have fun.

One tradition that marks the gathering as a 'Champagne Girls' meet is that everyone wears pink and, if they want, a pink feather boa and a tiara. I spare no expense and wear a fabulous fun foam crown I bought at Michael's for $1. Crazy, yes. Fun, for sure.

Since this is a short cruise coming up really fast, if any ladies are interested, we could look at the lounge schedule and pick a time, perhaps about 3:30 pm on either sea day, to meet for a glass of champagne or whatever you like to drink.

Post here ASAP if you're interested and which sea day you'd prefer. I'm not on Facebook, but you could invite any ladies on there too. We'll decide a time/day/place by Sunday. [Melisa, I assume you're in.]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter