NE Magic on Sept 12, 2012

Usually we book our cruise WAY in advance, and I pick our room. Booking 60 (or less days out) in GTY is killing me!! I am a planner, and not knowing where I am going to be is making me nuts!

On another note, the Royal Suite is available... THAT would be some serious pixie dust!!pixiedust:

You kill me! I called the other day to see how much the upgrade would be to the connecting 1BR that is next to us, as I saw it was still available. She told me it would be $4052:scared: to upgrade to the 1BR. I asked if there was any chance of pixie dust and automatically being upgraded because it was the next room over, and she laughed. She told me it might be cheaper if I asked for the upgrade at the port and it was still available.

Ok, I can't complain, as I already got the huge DVC discount (upgrade). Hey a girl can try, right:rotfl2:

I see you went to Alaska last August, when did you sail? We sailed the 8/23 sailing!

Mom2PrincessesLinSy said:
Usually we book our cruise WAY in advance, and I pick our room. Booking 60 (or less days out) in GTY is killing me!! I am a planner, and not knowing where I am going to be is making me nuts!

On another note, the Royal Suite is available... THAT would be some serious pixie dust!!pixiedust:

Aghhh!!! I know how you feel. This GTY room is driving me crazy. I keep checking the website everyday to see if it has changed :)

Hey all -

We just booked an IGT for this sailing. Just the adults this time! Woo hoo!

We'd love to make some new DIS friends - especially given that we are kid free for this trip! We're going to opt out of FEs though.

See ya' real soon,
Eric and Julie

Prinny27 said:
I got it - thanks!

Got it, I'll make the notes when I link everyone together. I'm keeping a list and in a week or so I'll call in and see if we can't everyone linked up together. I'm Heather Baram Coursen on FB.

Hello Heather, i send you PM on Facebook.

Everyone be sure to check your mail today! pixiedust:

Yay, now I have all 3 cruise docs for my triple B2B2B on 9/2, 9/7 and 9/12 yippee!!! :cool1:

yeah! I got my cruise documents today, and my lime green lei (with green tinsel of course!) I say it was a good day!

Yay, so you did find green leis after all Barb :thumbsup2

I have not been keeping track of special celebrations, but can add yours to the list if you would like.

Sure, although the FINAL list will not be posted until everyone in GTY status has stateroom numbers, but I will post updates here regularly as I make changes.

We got our Doc's today also!

Yes, that would be nice Lynn thank you! :goodvibes I know the other 2 cruises wanted celebrate birthdays and any kind of anniversary celebrations. So I thought I would suggest it for us. :idea:

Thanks for being the FE Queen! :love:

Congratulations! We did too :cool1:

You kill me! I called the other day to see how much the upgrade would be to the connecting 1BR that is next to us, as I saw it was still available. She told me it would be $4052:scared: to upgrade to the 1BR. I asked if there was any chance of pixie dust and automatically being upgraded because it was the next room over, and she laughed. She told me it might be cheaper if I asked for the upgrade at the port and it was still available.

Ok, I can't complain, as I already got the huge DVC discount (upgrade). Hey a girl can try, right:rotfl2:

I see you went to Alaska last August, when did you sail? We sailed the 8/23 sailing!

Wow, so if no one upgrades the $4k to get the room next to you then it will sit empty. Why not sprinkle pixie dust to make a guest happy??? :confused3

Hey all -

We'd love to make some new DIS friends - especially given that we are kid free for this trip! We're going to opt out of FEs though.

See ya' real soon,
Eric and Julie

Hi guys,
A lot of us on this thread are also on the FB Group page as well... http://www.facebook.com/groups/258795850897354/

There also a couple events too in addition to the FE...

DISMeet http://www.facebook.com/events/210423502417499/

Roaming Gnome http://www.facebook.com/events/267440766695639/

:welcome:

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but how does one go about booking one of these IGT, GTY, etc. fares? I understand that they are discounted, but how do you do it? Who do you call, etc. to find out? I assume the dates must be flexible, but where do you find out? Thanks for any help. Oh, and my cousin and I are on the Sept 12. Canadian cruise this year. Can't wait!

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but how does one go about booking one of these IGT, GTY, etc. fares? I understand that they are discounted, but how do you do it? Who do you call, etc. to find out? I assume the dates must be flexible, but where do you find out? Thanks for any help. Oh, and my cousin and I are on the Sept 12. Canadian cruise this year. Can't wait!

Hi Candace! These GTY (guarantee) fares are released by Disney when a cruise or category is not selling as well as they wish. So if there's a lot of rooms available, they'll release a GTY rate. You can have your travel agent book it for you - super easy because they take care of everything and you just wait for the confirmation to be sent! Or you can go on the Disney Cruise website and book them yourself. They'll be listed when available.

Hey all -

See ya' real soon,
Eric and Julie

Welcome to the group!

Jason and Ayesha 5140

Thanks for the info, I will update the list.

I have a couple of new additions to the FE list, one is one of our original posters that I just heard from, and another is a late addition request. I let the requester of the late addition know that not everyone will be able to add them to the list, but for those who are procrastinators (like me), will you please add them if possible. Here is the updated list:

Magic to Canada FE list and Roster

FE Exchange list:

Deck 1
1036/1038/1040 - JKeller - Jill & Bill & Katie, 2 adults, 1 child
(this is a large group, only Jill, DH, and DD are participating, only 1 room out of 3 will have FE hanging)

Deck 2
2008 - Bethleham - Beth, Keith, Allen, 2 adults, DS/4 - PEANUT ALLERGY
2118 - rhunit1 - Paul, DM/Susan, Steven, Sean, 2 adults, DS/10, DS/6
2578 - first timers - Alex & Carolyn, 2 adults

Deck 5
5140 - Canuck11 - Jason & Ayesha, 2 adults

Deck 6
6094 - Prinny27 - Heather & Jared, 2 adults
6540 - Donald&DaisyDuck - Lee Ann & Donald, 2 adults
6588 - snickerdodo - Wayne & Lynn, 2 adults
6658 - DonnettaR - Donnetta, Uncle Steve, Aunt Patricia, 3 adults

Deck 7
7024 - HopeSparkles - Christa, DM/Cathie, 2 adults - 20 yr Survivor Anniversary
7086 - mm4mm - Mike & Melisa, 2 adults
7138 - plyeng2ff/BringEeyore2DCL- Arthur & Danielle, 2 adults
7628 - Scott H/Lynn G - Scott & Lynn - 2 adults

Deck 8
8018 - TChrist05 - Tom & Marilou, 2 adults
8052 - luvmygrljb - Sue, Matt, Jillian, 2 adults, DD/8
8060 - Neriberi - Angela, Rob, Annabel, Tom, 3 adults, DD/5
8556 - Babbletrish - 3 adults
8584 - kendzee94 - Barb & Bill - 2 adults

GTY STATUS
CherylA/TonyB - Cheryl & Tony, 2 adults
kelmarie66 - Kelly & Barry, 2 adults
NeverSayNever - DH, Alexis, Gabrielle, Edward, DD/9, DS/9
Nikki S - Dewayne, Nikki, Riley,DD/6, Peyton,DD/4,
PirateMinnie - DW, DH, DD/5
Pooh#1 - Katie, DM/Anne
(kelmarie66 friends) - Pat & Mary - Late Addition

Folks who originally expressed interest in FE exchange but I have not heard from lately and am missing info.

Epcotrulz - 4 adults
lorimay

Confirmed Roster list not participating in FE

Deck 1
1036/1038/1040 - JKeller party not participating in FE, 3 adults (?), 5 children (?)

Deck 2
2110 - Steve 144 - Steve & Peter

Deck 6
6??? - candace - Candace, DCousin/Cissie

Deck 7
7092 - vakamalua - Greg & Andrea
7118 - Disneyfalcon - Tammy & Stephen

Deck 8
8088 - Debbie04 - Debbie & Tom
8590 - laurenjdaisy - Lauren, Danny, Nathaniel, 2 adults, DS/5

GTY STATUS
AshAlytwins - Kim & John
BethC1952/Cruise - Beth, Julie, Trina, 3 adults
JoiseyMom - Merryl & Hal
wilderness_gal - Karen & DM
Mom2PrincessesLinSy - Jen, Ron, Lindsey, Sydney, DD/10, DD/7
Eric, Julie and Hailey - Eric & Julie, 2 adults

Unknown stateroom status:
Trekker - Ron, 4 adults
lovedvc - DW & DH, 2 adults
Michele1377 - Michelle - 7 adults

List of those who I am missing too much info to know it they are still going or if they are interested in FE or not, if anyone can update me on these folks let me know ASAP:
3CStuart - 2 adults - stateroom 7514
Colestat - Sue, DH, DFIL, DAunt
Jaynamama - Joanne & Viril, Kit & Mark, Grandma Fleur & Grandpa Ver, Jen, Miles
PixieintheCity - Carol & fiance, DS/11, DD/5
Scootersjunk - Ben & Rick & Mom & Dad, 4 adults
steves100 - Steve & DW & DD/10
wdwfreeksince88 - DH & DW & 4 friends, 6 adults

I will email copies of the spread sheets to those who I have addresses for probably tomorrow (still hoping for last minute updates) - then I will email them out again once folks in GTY status get stateroom numbers.

I have a couple of new additions to the FE list, one is one of our original posters that I just heard from, and another is a late addition request. I let the requester of the late addition know that not everyone will be able to add them to the list, but for those who are procrastinators (like me), will you please add them if possible. Here is the updated list:

Magic to Canada FE list and Roster

FE Exchange list:

Deck 1
1036/1038/1040 - JKeller - Jill & Bill & Katie, 2 adults, 1 child
(this is a large group, only Jill, DH, and DD are participating, only 1 room out of 3 will have FE hanging)

Deck 2
2008 - Bethleham - Beth, Keith, Allen, 2 adults, DS/4 - PEANUT ALLERGY
2118 - rhunit1 - Paul, DM/Susan, Steven, Sean, 2 adults, DS/10, DS/6
2578 - first timers - Alex & Carolyn, 2 adults

Deck 5
5140 - Canuck11 - Jason & Ayesha, 2 adults

Deck 6
6094 - Prinny27 - Heather & Jared, 2 adults
6540 - Donald&DaisyDuck - Lee Ann & Donald, 2 adults
6588 - snickerdodo - Wayne & Lynn, 2 adults
6658 - DonnettaR - Donnetta, Uncle Steve, Aunt Patricia, 3 adults

Deck 7
7024 - HopeSparkles - Christa, DM/Cathie, 2 adults - 20 yr Survivor Anniversary
7086 - mm4mm - Mike & Melisa, 2 adults
7138 - plyeng2ff/BringEeyore2DCL- Arthur & Danielle, 2 adults
7628 - Scott H/Lynn G - Scott & Lynn - 2 adults

Deck 8
8018 - TChrist05 - Tom & Marilou, 2 adults
8052 - luvmygrljb - Sue, Matt, Jillian, 2 adults, DD/8
8060 - Neriberi - Angela, Rob, Annabel, Tom, 3 adults, DD/5
8556 - Babbletrish - 3 adults
8584 - kendzee94 - Barb & Bill - 2 adults

GTY STATUS
CherylA/TonyB - Cheryl & Tony, 2 adults
kelmarie66 - Kelly & Barry, 2 adults
NeverSayNever - DH, Alexis, Gabrielle, Edward, DD/9, DS/9
Nikki S - Dewayne, Nikki, Riley,DD/6, Peyton,DD/4,
PirateMinnie - DW, DH, DD/5
Pooh#1 - Katie, DM/Anne
(kelmarie66 friends) - Pat & Mary - Late Addition

Folks who originally expressed interest in FE exchange but I have not heard from lately and am missing info.

Epcotrulz - 4 adults
lorimay

Confirmed Roster list not participating in FE

Deck 1
1036/1038/1040 - JKeller party not participating in FE, 3 adults (?), 5 children (?)

Deck 2
2110 - Steve 144 - Steve & Peter

Deck 6
6??? - candace - Candace, DCousin/Cissie

Deck 7
7092 - vakamalua - Greg & Andrea
7118 - Disneyfalcon - Tammy & Stephen

Deck 8
8088 - Debbie04 - Debbie & Tom
8590 - laurenjdaisy - Lauren, Danny, Nathaniel, 2 adults, DS/5

GTY STATUS
AshAlytwins - Kim & John
BethC1952/Cruise - Beth, Julie, Trina, 3 adults
JoiseyMom - Merryl & Hal
wilderness_gal - Karen & DM
Mom2PrincessesLinSy - Jen, Ron, Lindsey, Sydney, DD/10, DD/7
Eric, Julie and Hailey - Eric & Julie, 2 adults

Unknown stateroom status:
Trekker - Ron, 4 adults
lovedvc - DW & DH, 2 adults
Michele1377 - Michelle - 7 adults

List of those who I am missing too much info to know it they are still going or if they are interested in FE or not, if anyone can update me on these folks let me know ASAP:
3CStuart - 2 adults - stateroom 7514
Colestat - Sue, DH, DFIL, DAunt
Jaynamama - Joanne & Viril, Kit & Mark, Grandma Fleur & Grandpa Ver, Jen, Miles
PixieintheCity - Carol & fiance, DS/11, DD/5
Scootersjunk - Ben & Rick & Mom & Dad, 4 adults
steves100 - Steve & DW & DD/10
wdwfreeksince88 - DH & DW & 4 friends, 6 adults

I will email copies of the spread sheets to those who I have addresses for probably tomorrow (still hoping for last minute updates) - then I will email them out again once folks in GTY status get stateroom numbers.

We booked through Cruisesonly - $699 for a stateroom with a balcony (great deal) but the downside is that we do not know our room number until the day of travel. We only know that we are guaranteed a stateroom with a balcony. Look for me in the guest register under "Benjamin Tan".

I finally have time to sit down and figure out what we want to do in port. It's about time!

What is everyone doing in St. John? Jared and I have it narrowed down to to excursions - either the St. Martins & Bay of Fundy, or the St. John's Highlights. Has anyone heard anything good about either of these? Which would you do?

And in Halifax - we're just going to walk around on our own, but what is the best place to get poutine? This is a must!

I've been to St Joh TWICE before. DO NOT waste your money on any of the excursions. I have bounced this off many people and those that have unfortunately gone on the Bay of Fundy tour (including myself) almost always miss the changing of tides. You will be asked to look in a river of brown water and try to "imagine" the changing of the tides. Plus there's nothing picturesque to where they take you. It is really quite pathetic. St John has seen better days. I would recommend going to Peggy's Cover in Halifax. It is quite a pleasant ride and cute village built on stones.

Does anyone know if 2 adults living in different States, but in the same stateroom, will get their own cruise documents sent to each address? My Mom got hers yesterday, but I have not gotten mine. Just want make sure that I am getting a packet too?

Does anyone know if 2 adults living in different States, but in the same stateroom, will get their own cruise documents sent to each address? My Mom got hers yesterday, but I have not gotten mine. Just want make sure that I am getting a packet too?

Yes. This is the exact situation I'm in and I got my own packet at my home address while the other people in the cabin will get their own and their addresses. Yours might just take another day or two. :)

Okay, so I really don't know the answer to your question. But, have you double checked to make sure they haven't merged the 2 addresses? DCL did this when my son (under 18) shared a cabin with my DBIL. I had to have them change it back to our address.

I've been to St Joh TWICE before. DO NOT waste your money on any of the excursions. I have bounced this off many people and those that have unfortunately gone on the Bay of Fundy tour (including myself) almost always miss the changing of tides. You will be asked to look in a river of brown water and try to "imagine" the changing of the tides. Plus there's nothing picturesque to where they take you. It is really quite pathetic. St John has seen better days. I would recommend going to Peggy's Cover in Halifax. It is quite a pleasant ride and cute village built on stones.

Thanks for the info. In Halifax we're going to be going around on our own, so just trying to figure out what we'd like to see in St. John.

Dissenting opinion here...

We were in Saint John in June, on the first DCL cruise to Canada. We loved Saint John. There are so many things to see and do there that I still can't decide what to do on this cruise. We took the Saint John River Cruise, just looking for an afternoon to relax. The area around Saint John is known for its scenic beauty, and we were absolutely not disappointed. We stopped at the Reversing Falls, and while they were not at their peak, we could see the difference between the water from the Bay and the water from the river. There was quite a bit of "rapids" there. The excursion included a tour of Saint John. It's an industrial city, and a real, working, commercial port. It isn't strictly a tourist destination like so many other places that we've cruised too. It was interesting (at least to us) to see how the city is reinventing itself into a place where people will come to vacation and not just to work.

We took a walk around a few blocks near the port. There are some absolutely beautiful old buildings being restored on the next street up from the port. If you enjoy architectural photography, this is a wonderful place to practice, as well as a great place to peek into some shops.

Beth

Dissenting opinion here...

We were in Saint John in June, on the first DCL cruise to Canada. We loved Saint John. There are so many things to see and do there that I still can't decide what to do on this cruise. We took the Saint John River Cruise, just looking for an afternoon to relax. The area around Saint John is known for its scenic beauty, and we were absolutely not disappointed. We stopped at the Reversing Falls, and while they were not at their peak, we could see the difference between the water from the Bay and the water from the river. There was quite a bit of "rapids" there. The excursion included a tour of Saint John. It's an industrial city, and a real, working, commercial port. It isn't strictly a tourist destination like so many other places that we've cruised too. It was interesting (at least to us) to see how the city is reinventing itself into a place where people will come to vacation and not just to work.

We took a walk around a few blocks near the port. There are some absolutely beautiful old buildings being restored on the next street up from the port. If you enjoy architectural photography, this is a wonderful place to practice, as well as a great place to peek into some shops.

Beth

Good to know! We're currently looking at the St. John Highlights or the St. Martin's trip. Not sure which we may prefer. Any suggestions?

Good to know! We're currently looking at the St. John Highlights or the St. Martin's trip. Not sure which we may prefer. Any suggestions?

Obviously, I didn't do either of those excursions, but I think either one would be fine. There's a lot to see in Saint John if you like to see how cities are reinventing themselves. I work in the field of Community Development and Urban Planning, so it's all very interesting to me. I'm an amateur photographer/artist, so I found all the old and beautifully restored buildings to be fabulous subjects.

I believe the St. Martin's trip is more "nature oriented". The area around the city is beautiful, once you get away from the actual port.

Beth

We booked through Cruisesonly - $699 for a stateroom with a balcony (great deal) but the downside is that we do not know our room number until the day of travel. We only know that we are guaranteed a stateroom with a balcony. Look for me in the guest register under "Benjamin Tan".

There are quite a few under the GTY status right now, just let me know what your stateroom number is when you get it. I am assuming that since you did not mention it, you are not participating in the FE exchange - is that correct?

For all of you not participating in the FE exchange, I am still making a roster of stateroom numbers, don't forget the "Roaming Gnome" event that everyone will need a list of DIS'ers stateroom numbers for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter