NE Magic on Sept 12, 2012

HopeSparkles said:
1st let me say thank you again for teaching me how to quote multiples in one post as I would hate to spam the thread after recovering 4 days from surgery, lol :rotfl2:

Yes, I'm so excited! :goodvibes I haven't let 2 outpatient back surgeries and a major cut toe slow me down in the past 2 weeks. Namely b/c my DH went to Michaels after work on the day I muttered my idea to him as he went to work! :rotfl: They turned out pretty nice and I can't wait to share them with ya'll! I have to work on them a little at a time since I'm on 3 B2B2B cruises from 9/2 - 9/17 and I am still recovering ;)

Lynn, I PM'd my email but have not seen a spreadsheet. Have you sent emails yet or waiting until a certain date? And, did we say a cutoff of August 1st?

NSN, here are my humble thoughts...

- I love "Grand Finale" or "Magical Finale"
- I have gotten majorly hooked on PT. I used to only buy my fav pins each year. But I found a vendor on eBay who sells legit pins for 88 cents to $1.09/ pin with free express shipping who's name I believe is The 4 J's who even took requests of styles wanted. Additionally they overnighted me pins last year when I stayed at BLT and ran out before our cruise. I have ordered from them 4 times.
- Unfortunately for my mom she is bound to a scooter and due to my back injuries/surgeries I can not push her in a collapsible wheel chair and therefore we can not do a single excursion... Not even the walking tour that meets at the pier??? However, There looks like there is plenty to do in Halifax along the Boardwalk that stretches from the pier all the way downtown. As long as I can take breaks I can walk along with her to various destinations. I haven't figured out what to do yet in St. Johns.
- I'm not sure why you don't want to go through eBay for the FE but I have bought 3 FEs from Graddysmommy who is excellent, quick and had free shipping. I think I read somewhere she is on Etsy as well. But, she is amazing and the only one I would trust for a professionally embroidered/sewn FE. In fact she embroiders Disney logos on pillow cases for autographing and tote bags too.
- A DCL Supervisor said that Palo sells out quickly now b/c they do not offer High Tea. When I asked why he said so they could offer more brunch and maybe in the future earlier dinner start times. But I asked why was brunch sold out on all 3 of my cruises? He suggested I go to the Rockin Bar on embarkation to get put into a "held" slot.

Hope these help and sorry for any duplicates :)

Lynn, that is quite alright! I guess it is the luck of the draw until you learn what cabins are quiet as to what you might get. So I'm glad I'm on 7 until I learn what the best 8s are for the future. This what so quick and under the wire due to the sale that I didn't have enough time to plan. But a DISer from the 1st cruise is my next door neighbor so things work out ;) Thanks for the feedback though. You don't happen to remember your cabin number of the quiet room? ;)

Do you remember if there is a pin board or book at Guest Services or at the Pin Station in the lobby on special nights?

Hi Pooh#1,
I'm 39 and my mom is 65 and is in a scooter. We will be going along the boardwalk in Halifax as there are so many sights to see from the pier to downtown. And according to a description in the excursions there is a restaurant within a 10 minute walk of the pier in St. Johns called Murphy's with a lb lobster, YUMM! I might audit the lists of all 3 cruises for mom/daughters to maybe arrange a lunch on board during a sea day. Sound like fun?

I def want to win a massage as I go to PT 1 time a week and therefore *have* to get a massage on board and since I'm sailing 3 times B2B2B that means a minimum of 2 massages at $120 vs my $20 copy at PT. So yes, I would love to win one!

Great page, thanks!

My room was a GTY last year and I had a room number at the printing of my booklet. So hopefully DCL has all the numbers assigned a couple weeks out for ya'll.

But, I will need to know prior to 9/2/12 who to go to get last minute assignments as I will start my Magic sailings on 9/2 to continue on the 9/7 and then this one the 9/12. Therefore I'll be leaving home 10 days before most of you. I think Tammy is on the 9/7 with me.

Speaking of, is there any other B2B or B2B2Bs sailing with us? :cool1:

Hi HopeSparkles! I would love to join you for a mother / daughter luncheon on the boat. There was a suggestion for this on the FB page also. Sounds like fun :)

Hi HopeSparkles! I would love to join you for a mother / daughter luncheon on the boat. There was a suggestion for this on the FB page also. Sounds like fun :)

Woohoo Pooh#1! I just need your full name, who you are bringing and stateroom number please. Thanks! :goodvibes

So, each of the 3 DIS/FB threads mention a lot of mother/daughters companions. I want to keep a list and maybe plan a Lumierre's luncheon on a Sea Day on each cruise. princess:

I may also be able to make it a Brunch at Palo instead. On one of the cruises I read on FB that 'Nikkie' booked a group of no more than 14 in a special Palo room with great views. But she said we need to act fast (as in I will need names, conf #, and stateroom #s). So please let me know ASAP. If the M/D list gets to be more than 14 we could always stick to Lumierre's. :grouphug:

Sound like fun? Just let me know soon please :goodvibes

So, each of the 3 DIS/FB threads mention a lot of mother/daughters companions. I want to keep a list and maybe plan a Lumierre's luncheon on a Sea Day on each cruise. princess:

I may also be able to make it a Brunch at Palo instead. On one of the cruises I read on FB that 'Nikkie' booked a group of no more than 14 in a special Palo room with great views. But she said we need to act fast (as in I will need names, conf #, and stateroom #s). So please let me know ASAP. If the M/D list gets to be more than 14 we could always stick to Lumierre's. :grouphug:

I don't have my daughters with me on this cruise but this sounds like a nice idea for those who do. I imagine that some of the daughters are under 18 so I don't think you'd be able to consider Palo as an option.

Welcome! I will add you to the roster, yes, I will put you on the FE list.

Steve, you are welcome to join the group meetings, you do not need to sign up for the meet and greet at 2:30 at Promenade Lounge, just show up. The FE exchange is totally separate, and only those folks who want to participate need to sign up for that. I do not know of any other meeting than the initial meet and greet on the first day, but someone else may set up something.

Early or late dining is usually decided upon your eating preferences, early dining is usually more crowded, it can be a rush to get back from excursions and get ready for dinner, but you eat at a more normal time, while late dining is more relaxed, but very late - getting out between 9 and 10 pm depending upon your group. It is usually more difficult to get early dining unless you book early (unless ship is not very full), and while it is fairly easy to switch from early to late dining, it is very difficult to go the other way.

Lynn--my room number is 8052, it's Matt, Sue and 8 yr old Jillian!!!! Thanks for the add!!!!

The private room at Palo is really awesome!! We ate there on past cruises with several other couples we were travelling with and had a wonderful experience!

Sorry that I cannot join you for the MD luncheon as I am only travelling with my dh this time around but it sounds like you will all have a great time!

We will be at the meeting, counting the days until we sail really looking forward to meeting new friends, starting on the fe gifts :dance3:

I forgot to mention that my whole family is coming with us!!! So:
Jaynamama, Joanne & Virgil, Kit & Mark, Grandma Fleur & Grandpa Ver, Jen, Miles, 7, DD/4, DS/3, DS/20mon

Are you going to be in 2 staterooms (or maybe more)?????

Hey everyone. My hubby and I will be on this cruise with you all. It will be just the two of us, we're leaving the kids at home with the grandparents. We are taking the Aug 12th cruise also with our kids. We couldn't pass up the ITY rate for this cruise. We would love to do the FE if you can add us. I have a rental car booked for St. John but will just walk around the pier and do the Citadel in Halifax.

For our Aug cruise we are renting a car in Halifax and driving to see Peggy's Cove and the Fairview Cemetary on our own. In St. John we have a private tour booked.

It's a little odd for me to be doing the same cruise a month apart but it will be nice to get to do some of the stuff we miss the first time on the second cruise and also to be able to make the first cruise all about the kids since hubby and I will get our alone time the following month!

Welcome to the cruise! I have added you to the roster.

I wanted to update my FE information. I have 11 people going all together BUT, I'm only going to include my husband, daughter and myself on the list bc it's too much to ask for everyone when I'm the only one doing FE.

I'll be including my room number soon, as soon as someone tells me it (my goof, I have no idea where I put my book with the information in it!)

For the roster and the FE list, I split you up into 2 rooms, one listed as joining the FE exchange and one not.

Thanks Lynn! Apparently I can't send a PM with our info. because I don't have the min. required posts. We are a family of 4, 2adults, 2children (6&4). We would love to participate in the FE.
Are you on the FB page? I can message additional info there. Thanks so much!

You will soon get to the 10 posts you need to send PM's, some folks have been known to split up parts of a message just to get the 10! Yes, I am on FB also.

Courtesy of Kelley Leidemer from our September 2nd Canada cruise I present the "Roaming Gnome"...

The event photo (on FB) will be printed on a magnet. I will start the roaming and hope that you all will join in the fun. The Rules are simple (see below). On the last night the last person to get it will sign it and bring it back to my room. I will then photo it when I get home and post here and on FB. I saw the 9/2 version and thought it was too adorable and fun not to do on the 9/7 and 9/12 cruises! So I hope you do too!!

Rules: Write your name / room number on this
Door magnet then stick it on a fellow DIS’ers door.
Let’s see how many rooms the Gnome can roam
Please return magnet to room 7024 on the last night of the cruise
Disney Cruise Line – Canada & New England Cruise – Sept 12 – 17, 2012

Enjoy

FB Event Page... http://www.facebook.com/events/267440766695639/?context=create

UPDATE: So, as it turns out the FB page already has many people doing Brunch in Palo and they reminded me that there are under 18 daughters on our list who wouldn't be able to attend if we were in Palo and therefore it will be at Lumiere's.

So, far I have Katie Hanley/Mom (2), Karen Kelly (2), Pooh#1 (2) plus me and my mom for a total of 8. Head count will be important so that I can get a large enough table at the restaurant but not for the purpose of actually reserving like in Palo.

Please let me know your full names and stateroom number in case of any changes. Thanks and looking forward to having a Magical Mother Daughter Luncheon in Lumiere's! :cool1:

I don't have my daughters with me on this cruise but this sounds like a nice idea for those who do. I imagine that some of the daughters are under 18 so I don't think you'd be able to consider Palo as an option.

There looks to be the possibility of that on this cruise but oddly not on the 9/7 one yet where I had the first responses. I would have thought with children going back to school that the head count for them would be so minimal or nil. But thanks for pointing that out for us as in the case of this cruise and the 9/2 cruise we are opting for Lumiere's. :goodvibes

The private room at Palo is really awesome!! We ate there on past cruises with several other couples we were travelling with and had a wonderful experience!

Sorry that I cannot join you for the MD luncheon as I am only travelling with my dh this time around but it sounds like you will all have a great time!

What do they call the Private Room or is it just that, the "Private Room"? Thanks so much! If I was traveling with my DH vs my mom I would have made it a couples luncheon :rotfl:

We will be at the meeting, counting the days until we sail really looking forward to meeting new friends, starting on the fe gifts :dance3:

Ditto!!! :)

Going to bookmark this thread as we're headed off on this, our very first Disney Cruise! pirate:

Welcome! I will add your name to the roster.

Courtesy of Kelley Leidemer from our September 2nd Canada cruise I present the "Roaming Gnome"...

The event photo (on FB) will be printed on a magnet. I will start the roaming and hope that you all will join in the fun. The Rules are simple (see below). On the last night the last person to get it will sign it and bring it back to my room. I will then photo it when I get home and post here and on FB. I saw the 9/2 version and thought it was too adorable and fun not to do on the 9/7 and 9/12 cruises! So I hope you do too!!

Rules: Write your name / room number on this
Door magnet then stick it on a fellow DIS’ers door.
Let’s see how many rooms the Gnome can roam
Please return magnet to room 7024 on the last night of the cruise
Disney Cruise Line – Canada & New England Cruise – Sept 12 – 17, 2012

Enjoy

FB Event Page... http://www.facebook.com/events/267440766695639/?context=create

We have done this before and it was a lot of fun! Looking forward to it on this cruise!

Lynn G said:
Welcome! I will add you to the roster, yes, I will put you on the FE list.

Steve, you are welcome to join the group meetings, you do not need to sign up for the meet and greet at 2:30 at Promenade Lounge, just show up. The FE exchange is totally separate, and only those folks who want to participate need to sign up for that. I do not know of any other meeting than the initial meet and greet on the first day, but someone else may set up something.

Early or late dining is usually decided upon your eating preferences, early dining is usually more crowded, it can be a rush to get back from excursions and get ready for dinner, but you eat at a more normal time, while late dining is more relaxed, but very late - getting out between 9 and 10 pm depending upon your group. It is usually more difficult to get early dining unless you book early (unless ship is not very full), and while it is fairly easy to switch from early to late dining, it is very difficult to go the other way.

Thanks Lynn for the information.
I'd love to come to the meeting.
We might try the FE on a future cruise, but this time we'll just observeren you guys.

HopeSparkles said:
UPDATE: So, as it turns out the FB page already has many people doing Brunch in Palo and they reminded me that there are under 18 daughters on our list who wouldn't be able to attend if we were in Palo and therefore it will be at Lumiere's.

So, far I have Katie Hanley/Mom (2), Karen Kelly (2), Pooh#1 (2) plus me and my mom for a total of 8. Head count will be important so that I can get a large enough table at the restaurant but not for the purpose of actually reserving like in Palo.

Please let me know your full names and stateroom number in case of any changes. Thanks and looking forward to having a Magical Mother Daughter Luncheon in Lumiere's! :cool1:

There looks to be the possibility of that on this cruise but oddly not on the 9/7 one yet where I had the first responses. I would have thought with children going back to school that the head count for them would be so minimal or nil. But thanks for pointing that out for us as in the case of this cruise and the 9/2 cruise we are opting for Lumiere's. :goodvibes

What do they call the Private Room or is it just that, the "Private Room"? Thanks so much! If I was traveling with my DH vs my mom I would have made it a couples luncheon :rotfl:

Ditto!!! :)

Hi Christa "HopeSparkles"! Just wanted to clarify that I am Katie Hanley "Pooh#1". So, we are down 2 :(. But I'm sure will get more interest soon :). I didn't even think about the Palo age restriction. Bummer, I've never been in their private room. But more is always better, so Lumiere's it is!

Is anyone else going on the Lobster & Lighthouses tour in Halifax? This sounded like fun for my Mom & I. I want to see lighthouses & she wants lobster - yum :thumbsup2

We have done this before and it was a lot of fun! Looking forward to it on this cruise!

Yay, I'm glad I can do something for you that you will enjoy since you are our FE Queen of this cruise :love:

We just asked for the private room....so that is what we know it as lol

"Private" room it is then, yay! Thanks :)

Hi Christa "HopeSparkles"! Just wanted to clarify that I am Katie Hanley "Pooh#1". So, we are down 2 :(. But I'm sure will get more interest soon :). I didn't even think about the Palo age restriction. Bummer, I've never been in their private room. But more is always better, so Lumiere's it is!

Yikes, so I had you down twice and didn't realize. So sorry :rolleyes1

Pease NOTE (for you and all interested)... If we get 12 M/D who are over 18 then of course I will try for Palo, but yes if I do get an under 18 then to be fair we will move to Lumiere's. Additionally it's not even guaranteed that we would get the Private room as it is based on availability. Either way I'm looking forward to having a magical M/D luncheon with all of you especially b/c this a huge surprise to my mom!!! :goodvibes

Pooh#1 said:

Hi! I would love to be apart of the get together at lumiere's it would be me Sue and my 8 yr old daughter Jillian. We are in room 8502!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter