NE Magic on Sept 12, 2012

Hi everyone! I was thinking this weekend about our meetup at the Promenade Lounge. Anyone want to move it a bit earlier - like maybe 2:30? I know the spa usually does its raffle at 3, and I am determined to win a prize one of these days! Just in case anyone else may want to go to that, what does everyone think about moving the meet up?

Hi everyone! I was thinking this weekend about our meetup at the Promenade Lounge. Anyone want to move it a bit earlier - like maybe 2:30? I know the spa usually does its raffle at 3, and I am determined to win a prize one of these days! Just in case anyone else may want to go to that, what does everyone think about moving the meet up?

Works for me if it means a chance at winning something at the spa!!! Lol

Hi Lynn, thanks for the welcome! I wish I could participate in the FE group, it sounds like fun, but I don't have a room # yet. The reservation is for a guaranteed deluxe ocean view, but not yet assigned. The is my first time getting a reserved room, I am not sure how this works, but I think I won't know until we get to the ship?

I would think that if you wanted to do fe's, that you could tell everyone your cabin # at the meetup? Anyone have any other ideas??

i think i get the idea of fish extenders . would like to try . is there a list of people doing this ? hope im not offending anyone by being so new at this and asking so many questions. sounds like a fun group of people

We were all "newbies" at some point about fish extenders and asking questions is part of it!! Ask away!!!

Didn't know about spa raffles....we are fine with whatever meetup time everyone wants.

Hi Lynn, thanks for the welcome! I wish I could participate in the FE group, it sounds like fun, but I don't have a room # yet. The reservation is for a guaranteed deluxe ocean view, but not yet assigned. The is my first time getting a reserved room, I am not sure how this works, but I think I won't know until we get to the ship?

We were on the inaugural in May and booked through Cruisesonly.com. We were confirmed for a room with a balcony but didn't know what room we would be in till the day of sailing. When you get to the Pier, head straight for the guest desk inside or ask for a cast member with a Master Roll and get your room #. Make sure you pen your romm # on your luggage tag and you will be fine.

I was told (by a Disney cruise rep.) when we made our reservations that Disney will send out room assignments 2 weeks prior to the cruise..?

i am not familiar with the fish extender, can you fill me in on what it is?:confused3

Sounds like kendzee answered your question - thanks kendzee!

Hi everyone. :) I've been lurking more than posting these days, but we booked the cruise with a military discount around the time the DVC discount came out. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Especially since we don't have to fly anywhere this time.

This will be an adult only cruise, leaving the kids in school this time. So us and another couple.

I think I recognize some names from our Greece 2013 cruise thread too. :)

I will add you to the roster, we are on the first Greece cruise also.

If you are in GTY status, you usually get a room assignment a couple weeks before sailing, I will just not "GTY" in the room number column, and will update the list just before sailing with all the new room numbers and changes. Some folks may change rooms (it is sometimes possible to upgrade at the port at a reasonable price, sometimes Disney upgrades for no apparent reason), and those room changes could be passed out at our 2:30 get together at Promenade Lounge, or sometimes someone volunteers to keep a list of room changes on their door that all can check. Anyway, it sounds like you are interested in the FE exchange, so I will make that notification on the roster.

i think i get the idea of fish extenders . would like to try . is there a list of people doing this ? hope im not offending anyone by being so new at this and asking so many questions. sounds like a fun group of people

Don't worry about asking questions, we were all new to all this once! On the roster I am keeping, I have a column for Fish Extenders.

2:30 is fine with us also!

I was told (by a Disney cruise rep.) when we made our reservations that Disney will send out room assignments 2 weeks prior to the cruise..?

Are you sailing with us?

Since we have had some new folks since the last time I posted the roster, I will post what I now have. Again, it is in spread sheet format but will not copy in that format to here, so I have added commas to separate what should be columns. I will e-mail the spread sheet to anyone who provides me with their e-mail address via PM when we get closer to having it complete. I will shortly send PM's to those we have not heard from in awhile to see if they are still on this cruise, and to those that I do not have names or stateroom numbers to try to fill in that info. The list is currently sorted by DIS name, but I will sort it by stateroom number for the final list - actually, probably both ways. If any of the info I have is incorrect, please let me know, Thanks.

DIS Name, Name, Stateroom #, # of adults, # of children, FE exchange,
3CStuart, , 7514, 2, , ,
acomasdiaz, , , 2, 2, FE exchange,
BethC1952/Cruise, Beth & Julie & Trina, , 3, 0, ,
Bethleham, Beth & Keith & Allen, 2008, 2, DS/4, FE exchange - Peanut Allergy Peanut Allergy,
candace, Candace & DCousin, , 2, 0, ,
Canuck11, DH & DW, , 2, 0, ,
Colestat, Sue & DH & DFIL & DAunt , 4, 0, ,
Disney9.9.10, , , 2, , ,
Disneyfalcon, DW & DH, , 2, 0, ,
Donald & Daily Duck, Lee Ann & Donald, 6540, 2, 0, FE exchange,
DonnettaR, Donnetta & Uncle Steve & Aunt Patricia, 6658, 3, 0, FE exchange,
dthogue, Tammy & Doug, GTY, 2, 0, FE exchange,
Epcotrulz, , , , , FE exchange,
first timers, Alex & Carolyn, 2578, 2, 0, FE exchange,
HopeSparkles, Christa & DM/Cathie, 7024, 2, 0, FE exchange,
Jaynamama, Joanne & Viril, , 2, DD/4, DS/16mos, ,
JKeller, , , 5, 5, ,
kelmarie66, Kelly & Barry, GTY, 2, 0, FE exchange,
kendzee94, Barb & Bill, 8584, 2, 0, FE exchange,
laurenjdaisy, Lauren & Danny & Nathaniel, 8590, 2, DS/5, ,
lorimay, , , , 0, fe (?),
Michelle1377, Michelle, , 7, , ,
mm4mm, , 7086, 2, 0, FE exchange,
Mom2PrincessesLinSy, Mom & DH & DD & DD, , 2, DD/10, DD/7, ,
Neriberi, Angela & Rob & Annabel & Tom, 8060, 3, DD/5, FE exchange,
NeverSayNever, DH & DW & 2 Kids, GTY, 2, 2/8yoa FE exchange,
PixieintheCity, Carol & fiance, , 2, DS/11, DD/5, ,
plyeng2ff/BringEeyore2DCL, Arthur & Danielle, 7138, 2, 0, FE exchange,
Pooh#1, DD & DM, GTY, 2, 0, FE exchange,
Prinny27, Heather & Jared, 6094, 2, 0, FE exchange,
rhunit1, , , , , FE exchange,
Scootersjunk, Ben & Rick & Mom & Dad, , 4, 0, ,
Scott H/Lynn G, Scott & Lynn, 7628, 2, 0, FE exchange,
snickerdodo, DH & DW, , 2, , ,
Steve 144, Steve, , , , ,
steves100, Steve & DW & DD, , 2, DD/10, ,
TChrist05, Tom & Marilou, , 2, 0, ,
Trekker, , , 4, 0, ,
vakamula, Greg & Andrea, , 2, 0, no,
wdwfreeksince88, DH & DW & 4 friends, , 6, 0, ,
wilderness_gal, Karen & DM, , 2, 0, ,

we are going to be in 6588, can anyone give some examples of what kind of gifts that are given in the FE? :cool1:

I just made a FB group called "Disney Magic 9/12 Cruise to Canada" since I couldn't find that other one. Let me know if this one shows up for people to join- I've never made a FB group before...

May I make a suggestion? I'm doing the 9/2, 9/7, and this cruise. The other 2 DIS cruise meet threads have made FB groups as well. But they have made the groups "Closed" so that what the group posts doesn't end up in your feed letting your acquaintance type friends know details about your vacation and other member's vacations specifically dates that you will be out of your house. There have been a lot of breakins to peoples houses because they trusted an old high school friend when they added them as a FB "friend" only to find them on the nanny cam robbing them blind because they posted they were at dinner or on vacation. If you make the group "Closed" we can still find the group and see the members but what we write is private.

Just a thought :)

Sounds like a great idea to me- I know I'll be heading over to the spa with you at 3 for the raffle!

May I make a suggestion? I'm doing the 9/2, 9/7, and this cruise. The other 2 DIS cruise meet threads have made FB groups as well. But they have made the groups "Closed" so that what the group posts doesn't end up in your feed letting your acquaintance type friends know details about your vacation and other member's vacations specifically dates that you will be out of your house. There have been a lot of breakins to peoples houses because they trusted an old high school friend when they added them as a FB "friend" only to find them on the nanny cam robbing them blind because they posted they were at dinner or on vacation. If you make the group "Closed" we can still find the group and see the members but what we write is private.

Just a thought :)

I'll change that now, thanks

1st let me say thank you again for teaching me how to quote multiples in one post as I would hate to spam the thread after recovering 4 days from surgery, lol :rotfl2:

Anyone start their FE gifts yet???

Yes, I'm so excited! :goodvibes I haven't let 2 outpatient back surgeries and a major cut toe slow me down in the past 2 weeks. Namely b/c my DH went to Michaels after work on the day I muttered my idea to him as he went to work! :rotfl: They turned out pretty nice and I can't wait to share them with ya'll! I have to work on them a little at a time since I'm on 3 B2B2B cruises from 9/2 - 9/17 and I am still recovering ;)

Welcome to all of you! I have added all of you to the roster.

Lynn, I PM'd my email but have not seen a spreadsheet. Have you sent emails yet or waiting until a certain date? And, did we say a cutoff of August 1st?

Hi Everyone!

I like the "Grand Finale" part of the name - kinda cool - I wonder if there will be anything special for us given that it is the last cruise from NY.

Do they do pin trading on the cruises? Should we bring our Lanyards etc?

What are everyone's thoughts on the tours - are there reviews anywhere - We are interested in the Photography, Whale watchng, Citedel and the museum - but want to leave some time for our own window shopping. I read somewhere that the train one was not so good?

Ok - mUst get a FE today - any thoughts besides EBAY on purchasing one?

Think some ofthe ideas I have read about autographs are great - the pillowcases, vinylmation etc - Must decide can't do everything now!

Can it be that Palo is fully booked for our our trip already?? I keep checking online but it says sold out? WOW!

Thanks everyone!

NSN, here are my humble thoughts...

- I love "Grand Finale" or "Magical Finale"
- I have gotten majorly hooked on PT. I used to only buy my fav pins each year. But I found a vendor on eBay who sells legit pins for 88 cents to $1.09/ pin with free express shipping who's name I believe is The 4 J's who even took requests of styles wanted. Additionally they overnighted me pins last year when I stayed at BLT and ran out before our cruise. I have ordered from them 4 times.
- Unfortunately for my mom she is bound to a scooter and due to my back injuries/surgeries I can not push her in a collapsible wheel chair and therefore we can not do a single excursion... Not even the walking tour that meets at the pier??? However, There looks like there is plenty to do in Halifax along the Boardwalk that stretches from the pier all the way downtown. As long as I can take breaks I can walk along with her to various destinations. I haven't figured out what to do yet in St. Johns.
- I'm not sure why you don't want to go through eBay for the FE but I have bought 3 FEs from Graddysmommy who is excellent, quick and had free shipping. I think I read somewhere she is on Etsy as well. But, she is amazing and the only one I would trust for a professionally embroidered/sewn FE. In fact she embroiders Disney logos on pillow cases for autographing and tote bags too.
- A DCL Supervisor said that Palo sells out quickly now b/c they do not offer High Tea. When I asked why he said so they could offer more brunch and maybe in the future earlier dinner start times. But I asked why was brunch sold out on all 3 of my cruises? He suggested I go to the Rockin Bar on embarkation to get put into a "held" slot.

Hope these help and sorry for any duplicates :)

Sorry for the confusion, we have only stayed on deck 8 once, and I do not remember any noise, but I have heard folks complain about noise from above. We upgraded at the port the one time we were on deck 8.

There is pin trading aboard.

Lynn, that is quite alright! I guess it is the luck of the draw until you learn what cabins are quiet as to what you might get. So I'm glad I'm on 7 until I learn what the best 8s are for the future. This what so quick and under the wire due to the sale that I didn't have enough time to plan. But a DISer from the 1st cruise is my next door neighbor so things work out ;) Thanks for the feedback though. You don't happen to remember your cabin number of the quiet room? ;)

Do you remember if there is a pin board or book at Guest Services or at the Pin Station in the lobby on special nights?

Hello "Grand Finale" cruise mates! :sail: Just made my reservation and was happy to see the Dis discussion & planning going strong. Any thoughts on port adventures? I am bringing my Mom on this cruise (Yeah Mother & Daughter cruise), so I am looking for something on the mild side & with some lobster, yum. Please share suggestions & both good and bad experiences so I know what to book & avoid - Thanks.

Hi Pooh#1,
I'm 39 and my mom is 65 and is in a scooter. We will be going along the boardwalk in Halifax as there are so many sights to see from the pier to downtown. And according to a description in the excursions there is a restaurant within a 10 minute walk of the pier in St. Johns called Murphy's with a lb lobster, YUMM! I might audit the lists of all 3 cruises for mom/daughters to maybe arrange a lunch on board during a sea day. Sound like fun?

I def want to win a massage as I go to PT 1 time a week and therefore *have* to get a massage on board and since I'm sailing 3 times B2B2B that means a minimum of 2 massages at $120 vs my $20 copy at PT. So yes, I would love to win one!

there are lots of pictures here!!!!

let's see if this works...it's a link to the facebook FE page
http://www.facebook.com/groups/167311023398247/

Great page, thanks!

I would think that if you wanted to do fe's, that you could tell everyone your cabin # at the meetup? Anyone have any other ideas. Didn't know about spa raffles....we are fine with whatever meetup time everyone wants.

My room was a GTY last year and I had a room number at the printing of my booklet. So hopefully DCL has all the numbers assigned a couple weeks out for ya'll.

But, I will need to know prior to 9/2/12 who to go to get last minute assignments as I will start my Magic sailings on 9/2 to continue on the 9/7 and then this one the 9/12. Therefore I'll be leaving home 10 days before most of you. I think Tammy is on the 9/7 with me.

Speaking of, is there any other B2B or B2B2Bs sailing with us? :cool1:

Lynn G said:
Sounds like kendzee answered your question - thanks kendzee!

I will add you to the roster, we are on the first Greece cruise also.

If you are in GTY status, you usually get a room assignment a couple weeks before sailing, I will just not "GTY" in the room number column, and will update the list just before sailing with all the new room numbers and changes. Some folks may change rooms (it is sometimes possible to upgrade at the port at a reasonable price, sometimes Disney upgrades for no apparent reason), and those room changes could be passed out at our 2:30 get together at Promenade Lounge, or sometimes someone volunteers to keep a list of room changes on their door that all can check. Anyway, it sounds like you are interested in the FE exchange, so I will make that notification on the roster.

Don't worry about asking questions, we were all new to all this once! On the roster I am keeping, I have a column for Fish Extenders.

2:30 is fine with us also!

Are you sailing with us?

Hi Lynn, yes we are! We travel to the park each year, but this is the first time on the DCL. We just made our reservations last week. I had so many questions, and was apprehensive of the cruise instead of the park. But after reading through the great info. on this site, I know we'll have a blast! We are SO excited!

Since we have had some new folks since the last time I posted the roster, I will post what I now have. Again, it is in spread sheet format but will not copy in that format to here, so I have added commas to separate what should be columns. I will e-mail the spread sheet to anyone who provides me with their e-mail address via PM when we get closer to having it complete. I will shortly send PM's to those we have not heard from in awhile to see if they are still on this cruise, and to those that I do not have names or stateroom numbers to try to fill in that info. The list is currently sorted by DIS name, but I will sort it by stateroom number for the final list - actually, probably both ways. If any of the info I have is incorrect, please let me know, Thanks.

DIS Name, Name, Stateroom #, # of adults, # of children, FE exchange,
3CStuart, , 7514, 2, , ,
acomasdiaz, , , 2, 2, FE exchange,
BethC1952/Cruise, Beth & Julie & Trina, , 3, 0, ,
Bethleham, Beth & Keith & Allen, 2008, 2, DS/4, FE exchange - Peanut Allergy Peanut Allergy,
candace, Candace & DCousin, , 2, 0, ,
Canuck11, DH & DW, , 2, 0, ,
Colestat, Sue & DH & DFIL & DAunt , 4, 0, ,
Disney9.9.10, , , 2, , ,
Disneyfalcon, DW & DH, , 2, 0, ,
Donald & Daily Duck, Lee Ann & Donald, 6540, 2, 0, FE exchange,
DonnettaR, Donnetta & Uncle Steve & Aunt Patricia, 6658, 3, 0, FE exchange,
dthogue, Tammy & Doug, GTY, 2, 0, FE exchange,
Epcotrulz, , , , , FE exchange,
first timers, Alex & Carolyn, 2578, 2, 0, FE exchange,
HopeSparkles, Christa & DM/Cathie, 7024, 2, 0, FE exchange,
Jaynamama, Joanne & Viril, , 2, DD/4, DS/16mos, ,
JKeller, , , 5, 5, ,
kelmarie66, Kelly & Barry, GTY, 2, 0, FE exchange,
kendzee94, Barb & Bill, 8584, 2, 0, FE exchange,
laurenjdaisy, Lauren & Danny & Nathaniel, 8590, 2, DS/5, ,
lorimay, , , , 0, fe (?),
Michelle1377, Michelle, , 7, , ,
mm4mm, , 7086, 2, 0, FE exchange,
Mom2PrincessesLinSy, Mom & DH & DD & DD, , 2, DD/10, DD/7, ,
Neriberi, Angela & Rob & Annabel & Tom, 8060, 3, DD/5, FE exchange,
NeverSayNever, DH & DW & 2 Kids, GTY, 2, 2/8yoa FE exchange,
PixieintheCity, Carol & fiance, , 2, DS/11, DD/5, ,
plyeng2ff/BringEeyore2DCL, Arthur & Danielle, 7138, 2, 0, FE exchange,
Pooh#1, DD & DM, GTY, 2, 0, FE exchange,
Prinny27, Heather & Jared, 6094, 2, 0, FE exchange,
rhunit1, , , , , FE exchange,
Scootersjunk, Ben & Rick & Mom & Dad, , 4, 0, ,
Scott H/Lynn G, Scott & Lynn, 7628, 2, 0, FE exchange,
snickerdodo, DH & DW, , 2, , ,
Steve 144, Steve, , , , ,
steves100, Steve & DW & DD, , 2, DD/10, ,
TChrist05, Tom & Marilou, , 2, 0, ,
Trekker, , , 4, 0, ,
vakamula, Greg & Andrea, , 2, 0, no,
wdwfreeksince88, DH & DW & 4 friends, , 6, 0, ,
wilderness_gal, Karen & DM, , 2, 0, ,

Hi Lynn,

you can remove us from your spreadsheet - we will actually be sailing on the 9/7 cruise instead.

Thanks,

dthogue - Tammy and Doug

1st let me say thank you again for teaching me how to quote multiples in one post as I would hate to spam the thread after recovering 4 days from surgery, lol :rotfl2:

Yes, I'm so excited! :goodvibes I haven't let 2 outpatient back surgeries and a major cut toe slow me down in the past 2 weeks. Namely b/c my DH went to Michaels after work on the day I muttered my idea to him as he went to work! :rotfl: They turned out pretty nice and I can't wait to share them with ya'll! I have to work on them a little at a time since I'm on 3 B2B2B cruises from 9/2 - 9/17 and I am still recovering ;)

Lynn, I PM'd my email but have not seen a spreadsheet. Have you sent emails yet or waiting until a certain date? And, did we say a cutoff of August 1st?

NSN, here are my humble thoughts...

- I love "Grand Finale" or "Magical Finale"
- I have gotten majorly hooked on PT. I used to only buy my fav pins each year. But I found a vendor on eBay who sells legit pins for 88 cents to $1.09/ pin with free express shipping who's name I believe is The 4 J's who even took requests of styles wanted. Additionally they overnighted me pins last year when I stayed at BLT and ran out before our cruise. I have ordered from them 4 times.
- Unfortunately for my mom she is bound to a scooter and due to my back injuries/surgeries I can not push her in a collapsible wheel chair and therefore we can not do a single excursion... Not even the walking tour that meets at the pier??? However, There looks like there is plenty to do in Halifax along the Boardwalk that stretches from the pier all the way downtown. As long as I can take breaks I can walk along with her to various destinations. I haven't figured out what to do yet in St. Johns.
- I'm not sure why you don't want to go through eBay for the FE but I have bought 3 FEs from Graddysmommy who is excellent, quick and had free shipping. I think I read somewhere she is on Etsy as well. But, she is amazing and the only one I would trust for a professionally embroidered/sewn FE. In fact she embroiders Disney logos on pillow cases for autographing and tote bags too.
- A DCL Supervisor said that Palo sells out quickly now b/c they do not offer High Tea. When I asked why he said so they could offer more brunch and maybe in the future earlier dinner start times. But I asked why was brunch sold out on all 3 of my cruises? He suggested I go to the Rockin Bar on embarkation to get put into a "held" slot.

Hope these help and sorry for any duplicates :)

Lynn, that is quite alright! I guess it is the luck of the draw until you learn what cabins are quiet as to what you might get. So I'm glad I'm on 7 until I learn what the best 8s are for the future. This what so quick and under the wire due to the sale that I didn't have enough time to plan. But a DISer from the 1st cruise is my next door neighbor so things work out ;) Thanks for the feedback though. You don't happen to remember your cabin number of the quiet room? ;)

Do you remember if there is a pin board or book at Guest Services or at the Pin Station in the lobby on special nights?

Hi Pooh#1,
I'm 39 and my mom is 65 and is in a scooter. We will be going along the boardwalk in Halifax as there are so many sights to see from the pier to downtown. And according to a description in the excursions there is a restaurant within a 10 minute walk of the pier in St. Johns called Murphy's with a lb lobster, YUMM! I might audit the lists of all 3 cruises for mom/daughters to maybe arrange a lunch on board during a sea day. Sound like fun?

I def want to win a massage as I go to PT 1 time a week and therefore *have* to get a massage on board and since I'm sailing 3 times B2B2B that means a minimum of 2 massages at $120 vs my $20 copy at PT. So yes, I would love to win one!

Great page, thanks!

My room was a GTY last year and I had a room number at the printing of my booklet. So hopefully DCL has all the numbers assigned a couple weeks out for ya'll.

But, I will need to know prior to 9/2/12 who to go to get last minute assignments as I will start my Magic sailings on 9/2 to continue on the 9/7 and then this one the 9/12. Therefore I'll be leaving home 10 days before most of you. I think Tammy is on the 9/7 with me.

Speaking of, is there any other B2B or B2B2Bs sailing with us? :cool1:

you can put us down for the fe, thanks for the info on the gifts, however we don't have a facebook page. could you e-mail it to us?:thumbsup2

we are going to be in 6588, can anyone give some examples of what kind of gifts that are given in the FE? :cool1:

Gifts can be anything from candy, postcards from home, handmade gifts, some folks do something simple, others get really creative! It can be anything that you wish to provide. I have added you to the FE list.

Hi Lynn, yes we are! We travel to the park each year, but this is the first time on the DCL. We just made our reservations last week. I had so many questions, and was apprehensive of the cruise instead of the park. But after reading through the great info. on this site, I know we'll have a blast! We are SO excited!

I have added you to the roster, welcome!

Hi Lynn,

you can remove us from your spreadsheet - we will actually be sailing on the 9/7 cruise instead.

Thanks,

dthogue - Tammy and Doug

Thanks for letting me know! Enjoy your cruise!

Christa - I was not going to e-mail out spread sheet until I get closer to all the info on it, but I will be glad to send you an e-mail so you can see what I have as of now.

Hi! My name is Sue and my 8 year old daughter, hubby and I are going on this cruise!!! Is there a way we can still sign up for the fish extender???

Dear Lynn,

My husband and I are looking forward to the 12 September cruise, not in the least because I’ve found your group of Disney enthousiast. I’d like to meet you folks and participate in your meetings, but not having any previous experience and coming from Europe, I’m rather reluctant to participate in the FE stuff right away.

Therefore I’d like to ask you if it’s possible to attend to your meetings without participating in the FE? How do I subscribe for the different group meetings?

Many thanks for your answer.

Kind regards,
Steve Spruyt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter