NCAA Games at Disney

Discussion in 'DIS Dads' started by backpacktwang, Mar 19, 2013.

1. backpacktwang

backpacktwang Mouseketeer

So, I'm not a dad (I'm a mom), but I desperately need some info. We will be in the Magic Kingdom on Sunday and I am going to need to find a place to watch my Jayhawks. Any suggestions? I have been told that there is nowhere in the MK to watch NCAA games, but what about the resorts around there? Any ideas? :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cj9200

cj9200 DIS Dad #412

You are right about the MK, you won't be able to watch there. The Tambu lounge at the Poly used to have a TV. Not sure if they still do. The lounge is on the second floor, right next to Ohana. It opens up in the afternoon.

4. Cinderella's Fella

Cinderella's Fella DIS Dad #215 Maryland, The Land Of Merry!

ESPN Zone on the Boardwalk is a great place to see games.

5. mm1971

mm1971 DIS Veteran

This.:thumbsup2 ESPN zone is where we go when there is a game we want to watch while in the World. Everything else is kind of hit or miss. Even if you find a TV, there may be others that are watching something else. You can always use your smartphone or Ipad and use the watchESPN app!

6. backpacktwang

Thanks for the ideas. Someone on another board recommended the Outer Rim lounge at the Contemporary. Anyone know about that place? I figure I will call first and ask before I go anywhere. ESPN Zone sounds great, but my family will probably stay at MK while I watch the game, so I would rather stay closer if I can.

7. cj9200

cj9200 DIS Dad #412

Haven't been to the Outer Rim since the refurb a couple of years ago. Can't help you there.

8. RodBelding

RodBelding <font color=red>DIS Dad #589<br><font color=royalb

I've had good luck going to the Poly poolbar to watch NFL games on Sundays. They have a decent TV at the bar, and the bartender will put on whatever you request.

9. backpacktwang

The Outer Rim lounge is a great place to watch the games. I am there right now. But just FYI the pool bar at Pop Century is better. The bartenders are great!