NC spring break suggestions?

They are looking at spring break though, so shouldn't be too warm then. Could be the opposite, depending on when their spring break is.

Actually they said it was dug up for some summertime suggestions. (Post #14ish) Which is why I was thinking that you couldn't pay me to take the kids to the science center on a day like today! :scared1:

You may want to consider joining memberships with the NC Zoo or the Aquariums... there are several different levels of membership... You get free (or discounted if noted) admission for a period of 12 months. There are 150 locations across the country that you also have free/discounted membership. Checkout nczoo.com or ncaquariums.com. A family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children) would cost $32 to enter based on ticket prices for the zoo; a family of 4 could buy a tax deductible membership for $59 and have free access to the other zoos/aquariums/centers for 1 year, plus store/program discounts. It's worth considering if you like to take some day trips within the state/surrounding states. Not sure if the zoo does it, but the aquarium gives members discounts on admissions of those that come with them that aren't part of the family that is covered by the membership.

Here are the sites in NC that are included in the membership for free admission for 1year:

NORTH CAROLINA
Nature Science Center of Greensboro/ 50 percent off admission / 336-288-3769
North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher / 910-458-8257
North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores / 252-247-4003
North Carolina Aquarium on Roanoke Island / 252-473-3494
North Carolina Zoological Park, Asheboro / 336-879-7250
Sylvan Heights Waterfowl Park /Scotland Neck / 252-826-3186**
Western N. C. Nature Center, Asheville / 828-299-8522
(If you do the membership thru the zoo, you get 50% discount for the Planetarium in Chapel Hill)

Actually they said it was dug up for some summertime suggestions. (Post #14ish) Which is why I was thinking that you couldn't pay me to take the kids to the science center on a day like today! :scared1:

In that case, you are right. They don't open until 10am and it is already blistering hot here at that time of day. They close at 5pm, which doesn't help much.

We love the Life and Science - I vote also for Lazy 5 - Blowing Rock area is great - Have a picnic at Prices Park and hike around the lake. Play in the creek at the picnic area. Also check out Linville Falls, Grandfather Mt. and Horn in the West - outdoor drama.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter