NBC Gingerbread house

kelisshopping

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I know this has been posted before but I can't seem to find the answer. Is there somewhere to buy the gingerbread house that is in the haunted mansion? Thanks so much! :wizard:

wow i must be blind because i didn't see a gingerbread house...just a gingerbread coffin?

Every year a new entirely edible table centerpiece has been made of Gingerbread for the table in the Ballroom of HMH. Sadly while one year they had some small versions on display at the French Market, I have never seen them sell versions of the gingerbread display.

I wish they would sell some of the gingerbread "soliders" around the coffin as they are just too cool!!!!

Well, when I was at DLR on October 3rd and 4th, we got to chatting with a Cast Member on Main Street who was filling us in on all things Disneyland, and telling us about the upcoming changes on IASW, etc. I mentioned the HMH ride and how it has a different gingerbread house/coffin every year, and she said, "You want me to let you in on a little secret?" Then she told us that each year, the French Market tries to have some things from the HMH ride, and they usually have/sell the gingerbread house from the ride each year. Now, thinking back on that conversation, I was not clear as to whether or not she meant that the FM tries to sell miniature versions of the gingerbread house/coffin shown IN the ride, or just a gingerbread version of the Mansion itself. Either way, it would be cool. BUT, as far as I know, at least one DISer went into the French Market a couple of weeks ago and did not see any evidence of a gingerbread house of any kind from the HMH, and the CM in the restaurant was no help.

So, unless this mythical gingerbread house is going to come out closer to Christmas - which is possible - then it looks like the French Market is not selling it this year. I would love to get a mini version of it!

Are you looking to buy the original, or a recreation or miniature version? If you're looking to buy the original, I understand that they have the same house in the ballroom for the three months that the overlay is up, so buy the time you got it, it might have lost some of its freshness.

Sherry, when we went the weekend after you, the FM just had little gingerbread men all around. They were evil looking. I should have taken a picture because they were kind of cute. They had like missing arms and stuff. I was looking for a house/coffin/something because I read you saying about it earlier and I wanted to see, but that's all I saw...

Sherry, when we went the weekend after you, the FM just had little gingerbread men all around. They were evil looking. I should have taken a picture because they were kind of cute. They had like missing arms and stuff. I was looking for a house/coffin/something because I read you saying about it earlier and I wanted to see, but that's all I saw...

That is good to know, Courtney. I am glad you double checked, because I had only heard that there were no apparent gingerbread houses/coffins in the FM (I think Capt. Bane and Jade checked), but I hadn't heard about the evil amputated gingerbread men! I want to see them! You mean that the FM just had the gingerbread men up as decorations but not for sale? I think the CM we spoke to about the FM having the HMH-NBC houses - as sweet as she was - didn't give us accurate information. Or maybe she thought they were for sale and they aren't. Then again, I can't blame her because she was talking to us and people kept coming up and asking her questions, so she probably lost her train of thought! I would still be curious to check back in FM in December and see if they have added any new 'evil' gingerbread touches.

They really should sell those arm-less men and the houses/coffins at DLR if they don't already - I think they would be extremely popular. I know they could make them. At the Grand Floridian in Orlando, during the holidays they have a fully operational gingerbread house/shop built in the lobby of the hotel, and in the gingerbread shop, they sell miniature gingerbread versions of that gift shop! All it takes is a talented pastry chef!!!

I know they try to do something at the French Market for NBC. We were passing buy and a man let me photograph this cake (this was January of this year).

DSC00022-1.jpg

I didn't have a chance to see for this time. Maybe they will have more stuff during Christmas.

That is good to know, Courtney. I am glad you double checked, because I had only heard that there were no apparent gingerbread houses/coffins in the FM (I think Capt. Bane and Jade checked), but I hadn't heard about the evil amputated gingerbread men! I want to see them! You mean that the FM just had the gingerbread men up as decorations but not for sale? I think the CM we spoke to about the FM having the HMH-NBC houses - as sweet as she was - didn't give us accurate information. Or maybe she thoguht they were for sale and they aren't. Then again, I can't blame her because she was talking to us and people kept coming up and asking her questions, so she probably lost her train of thought! I would still be curious to check back in FM in December and see if they have added any new 'evil' gingerbread touches.

They really should sell those arm-less men and the houses/coffins at DLR if they don't already - I think they would be extremely popular. I know they could make them. At the Grand Floridian in Orlando, during the holidays they have a fully operational gingerbread house/shop built in the lobby of the hotel, and in the gingerbread shop, they sell miniature gingerbread versions of that gift shop! All it takes is a talented pastry chef!!!

They were just decorations. They had a big spider web in the middle of the ceiling right where you get your food and they had the gingerbread men “caught” in the web. It was cute. They were outlined in orange, green, black and I think purple icing.

I think they should sell them too!! They were already selling regular gingerbread men with Mickey ears, I think the evil ones would be cute!!!

Oh yeah! I saw that on the Food Network a couple years ago about the big gingerbread house at WDW! They should sell miniatures of the HMH one to take home too!

I know they try to do something at the French Market for NBC. We were passing buy and a man let me photograph this cake (this was January of this year).

DSC00022-1.jpg

I didn't have a chance to see for this time. Maybe they will have more stuff during Christmas.

THAT is the whole reason why we wanted to eat at FM in the first place! I wanted that dang Jack! They had him in a cheesecake too!!!! But when we went they were sold out. I hope they have it in December too..

I love that Jack!!!

I always mean to go over to the FM but only made it over when they had the Zero dog bowls (which I love!!! My kitties food and water dishes match my bathroom theme!). I think I will need to break down and re-check them out this year!

They were just decorations. They had a big spider web in the middle of the ceiling right where you get your food and they had the gingerbread men “caught” in the web. It was cute. They were outlined in orange, green, black and I think purple icing.

I think they should sell them too!! They were already selling regular gingerbread men with Mickey ears, I think the evil ones would be cute!!!

Oh yeah! I saw that on the Food Network a couple years ago about the big gingerbread house at WDW! They should sell miniatures of the HMH one to take home too! .

I love ALL those Disney specials on the Food Network and on the Travel Channel, especially (Travel Channel has a BUNCH of Disney-themed shows). There are not too many about DLR specifically - there is one called "Into the Fire" about DLR restaurants, and another one on DLR Behind the Scenes or something - but most of them are about WDW or the Cruise Line or about the Vacation Club or Disney on a Budget or some of the WDW hotels. I have seen them all a dozen times but I always watch them again if I stumble upon them on TV! So I love that one special you are talking about which aired on the Food Network about WDW holidays (and there is a separate WDW holiday show on the Travel Channel) and showed the gingerbread house in the lobby of the Grand Floridian. It is a fully functional gift shop which sells mini gingerbread versions of the gift shop! They definitely could do that at DLR and sell mini versions of the gingerbread house featured in the ride each year OR min versions of the HMH mansion itself! I don't know why they don't

And that cake with the Jack head looks outstanding! Is that the one they call Death by Chocolate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter