• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nba champs!!!

Well I am a Miami fan. Canada lost Bosh to Miami so I suddenly became a Miami fan this year :) Still a Raptors fan since they are our only Canadian team. I was sorry to see them lose but they just didn't have their heads in the game.

Congrats to Dallas they played better ball and deserved the win.

Well I am a Miami fan. Canada lost Bosh to Miami so I suddenly became a Miami fan this year :) Still a Raptors fan since they are our only Canadian team. I was sorry to see them lose but they just didn't have their heads in the game.

Congrats to Dallas they played better ball and deserved the win.

Big Heat fan here.. so its a sad day, but I agree with you. The Heat didn't have their heads in the game. The Mav's wanted more, played better and deserve the win!

Congrats to the Mavericks!

All ya Heat haters, don't count them out next year LOL! ;)

Life-long (and long-suffering) Cleveland fan here. My problem with LeBron wasn't THAT he left but the way he left. It was a classless, bloated TV ego-fest which kicked Clevelanders in the teeth when they were down. And don't get me started on the embarassingly over-confident, over-the-top, "why bother to play the season, we are already the champions" party at the Miami arena the next day. I think LeBron could be the player of the century if he stopped thinking that it should all be a 'given' for him. Maybe this will brig him a dose of humility and a realization that manipulating monied stars into place does not make a team. Heart, work, soul, work, guts, work and sacrifice make a team. That's what the Mavs had that LeBron couldn't conveniently arrange. From a CAVS for MAVS fan ........... Congratulations, Mavericks!

You know LeBron took less money to go play in Miami right?

But he doesn't have an income tax in Florida.

Here's a nice article that breaks it all down:

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/26503.html

(keep in mind that this was from last year, I think the salaries were guesses because the article states that he would make that announcement that night.)

It was nice to see Nowitzki and the Mav's win, they did it very classy and didn't rise to the antics of others. :thumbsup2

I'm so happy the Mavs won! I've been a long time Mavs fan since the first game I went to in Dirk's rookie season. He deserves this ring and the mvp for his dedication to the team and his determination. The whole team never gave up when the odds were stacked against them. I have to say that Miami has probably the most talent in the NBA but mentally we were the better team in the series and it showed till the very end. Congratulations to the Dallas Mavericks and thank you Dirk for giving us our first championship! I'm off to go buy my championship t-shirt :banana:

But he doesn't have an income tax in Florida.

Here's a nice article that breaks it all down:

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/26503.html

(keep in mind that this was from last year, I think the salaries were guesses because the article states that he would make that announcement that night.)

It was nice to see Nowitzki and the Mav's win, they did it very classy and didn't rise to the antics of others. :thumbsup2

I heard all about the no income tax when the Rangers were trying to sign Cliff Lee. I can't remember the exact numbers etc, but basically everything I heard (and I listen to sports talk pretty much 24/7) said that the no income tax really isn't a big deciding factor.

I'm so happy the Mavs won! I've been a long time Mavs fan since the first game I went to in Dirk's rookie season. He deserves this ring and the mvp for his dedication to the team and his determination. The whole team never gave up when the odds were stacked against them. I have to say that Miami has probably the most talent in the NBA but mentally we were the better team in the series and it showed till the very end. Congratulations to the Dallas Mavericks and thank you Dirk for giving us our first championship! I'm off to go buy my championship t-shirt :banana:

:thumbsup2 I need to go get me a t shirt too!! Just went to the ballpark in Arlington and stocked up on last year's Ranger shirts for 75% off!!

My DH told me last night that he went to the very first Mavericks game in Dallas when he was 5 years old! He was one happy fan last night!!

If you read the article, it basically said that with the Cleveland income tax, what he would gain with what Cleveland could pay him would be a wash. It would equal out because of the way the tax is. Then there are the away game taxes, which is entirely different.

Sounds like his real money isn't in playing, it's in endorsements. I wonder how that is calculated and how that effects his net worth. That was something the article didn't touch on. I think when he played in '06 for World Games (or whatever it is) his endorsements were worth $250 million.

I just had to bump this up. I heard that Mark Cuban is paying for the victory parade. How awesome is that?

I just had to bump this up. I heard that Mark Cuban is paying for the victory parade. How awesome is that?
He said that he would do that. He also bought a bottle of champagne for many thousands of dollars and then tipped for several thousand too. Cuban is giddy beyond belief. :lmao:

He said that he would do that. He also bought a bottle of champagne for many thousands of dollars and then tipped for several thousand too. Cuban is giddy beyond belief. :lmao:

He sure is! And he has every right to be :thumbsup2

And I'll definitely be at the parade on Thursday :woohoo:

Congratulations to the Mavericks!

Mark Cuban is from Pittsburgh (Mt. Lebanon)
Got to love a hugely successful hometown boy! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter