Navigator's Verandah??

n8nally

DIS Veteran
Anybody stay in one of these SR? I just booked on the Dream for September and was wondering if anybody had any experiences, pro or con on the Navigator's Verandah rooms. Thanks :)

Personally, I love this category :lovestruc The verandah is very private & the wall gives you some added safety if you have young children. The nautical touches are so unique to Disney & they cost less than a regular balcony. I chose this category for our first cruise to Alaska in the summer of 2014 so we can view the scenery & still be in our warm cabin if we get too cold. If we want to go up on deck, we have that option as well. Happy cruising! :woohoo:

The NV category is completely different on the classic ships than the new ships.

On the new ships the only real difference from a regular verandah stateroom is a slight obstruction from a panel between yours the next verandah.

On the classic ships the category has a "cut out" open air porthole (either round on the Magic) or (oval on the Wonder) and the rest of the enclosed part of the verandah has nautical touches like a map, a cushioned bench.

MJ

We are scheduled to cruise on one in November 2013.

The Navigators Verandas are different depending on the ship. We have never cruised with one but reading some reports and checking out some pictures - they are very different on the Magic and the Wonder as compared to the Dream and the Fantasy.

Linda

Alright, so we're going to be on the Dream. I thought it would be the fully enclosed with cut-out. You guys are saying no? It'll be just a s little obstructed, but not fully enclosed?

Alright, so we're going to be on the Dream. I thought it would be the fully enclosed with cut-out. You guys are saying no? It'll be just a s little obstructed, but not fully enclosed?

No, it won't be fully enclosed on the Dream or Fantasy.

MJ

:thumbsup2 We booked a Navigators Verandah on the Wonder and it looks so neat. I believe it is fully enclosed with an oval cut out.

Would a navigator room on the fantasy be large enough for 4 (kids are adults 23 and 19) Thought we might go with the Oceanview Deluxe Family room for more space

Thanks for posting that video! It is very small :sad1: However, I really wanted a little larger room than the inside cabins and having at least some sort of view out would be exciting for my kids. If I could afford to upgrade, I would, so I'll just be happy I can afford NOT to be inside, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter