Navigators in advance?

Sneezy63

Mouseketeer
Is it possible to get Navigators for the whole week when you board? We want to plan some of our kid's club times in advance. (And want to know what activities will be going on.)

The last time we checked, they were only available the night before.

Woody

woody73 said:
The last time we checked, they were only available the night before.

Woody

Bummer. Ok, next question....The most recent Navigators I found online are from April 8th. How often do they change things up.....is there a good probability that most stuff will be the same?

The activities are pretty much the same as when we went in December. They don't change much from year to year.

The kid's navigators for the whole cruise are available when you board. The family navigators are theoretically available the night before. However, sometimes activities are changed at the last minute and occasionally there are revised navigators issued in the morning. THis particularly happens when a port is inaccessible, etc.

Unfortunantly, this is the major design flaw with the new navigators IMO. The kid's clubs now just give you one handout that lists some of the main activities for each age group but not the schedule for them. You now get that each day in the regular navigator in a TV Guide type format. There is no way to preplan your kid's activities beyond the next day anymore. :( :( :(

Darn it! Oh well, I pulled the navigators off the web from last month....hoping they stay very similiar! Thanks for the replies, Guys!

lbgraves said:
Unfortunantly, this is the major design flaw with the new navigators IMO. The kid's clubs now just give you one handout that lists some of the main activities for each age group but not the schedule for them. You now get that each day in the regular navigator in a TV Guide type format. There is no way to preplan your kid's activities beyond the next day anymore. :( :( :(

I think the Navigator's are delivered daily to allow for changes in the schedule. On the repo cruise last August, we had first-hand experience with this.

Due to Hurricane Hillary in the Pacific Ocean, we had to skip Cabo San Lucas and substitute a day at sea. The next morning we had a Navigator titled "Welcome to Manzillo" as Plan B went into effect. They had quickly assembled all the information we needed to plan shore excursions, and still had many shipboard activities from which to choose.

Preparing and giving them out a week at a time could cause lots of confusion as changes and updates were needed...

kplatt said:
I think the Navigator's are delivered daily to allow for changes in the schedule. On the repo cruise last August, we had first-hand experience with this.

Due to Hurricane Hillary in the Pacific Ocean, we had to skip Cabo San Lucas and substitute a day at sea. The next morning we had a Navigator titled "Welcome to Manzillo" as Plan B went into effect. They had quickly assembled all the information we needed to plan shore excursions, and still had many shipboard activities from which to choose.

Preparing and giving them out a week at a time could cause lots of confusion as changes and updates were needed...

Well, that makes sense. I was actually thinking more in terms of the kids clubs, though. I was thinking that those activities might not change even if the ports of call do change.....

jennifermcb said:
Could you point me in the direction of last month's navigators? Thanks so much :thumbsup2

They are in a link in the FAQ thread on this forum. :) The details may change but they are a great tool to learn what you can expect on your cruise. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!