Navigation questions

Disney Princess

Member Since Day 1
We are less than three weeks away. We have been casually looking at our maps that Molly sent (THANKS BUMBERSHOOT!!!!:thumbsup2). We recently stepped up the studying so we can figure things out. I discovered last night that I have a question.

On the map it looks as if Ariel's Grotto is across from Golden Dreams. It also looks as if there is a bridge over the "water" that leads to California Screamin'. Can you cut through Ariel's Grotto and use this bridge or do you have to go all the way around by MM, the Orange Stinger, etc.? Thanks for any help you can offer.

I know we'll find out when we get there, but I'd like to know early. :goodvibes

P.S. How do you pronounce esplanade? I don't want to sound like a dummy. :rotfl:

The bay is intact and has a walkway/bridge/boardwalk all the way around it. There is no way to get from Point A to Point B without going completely around the bay. There is a bridge from the Wharf and from the north side of the bay that meet up and continue sort of south until you get to Screamin.

So here is the loop. Start on the northeast corner. South you see the Wharf bridge, then you come to a shop and Ariel's Grotto then is you go sort of left then right. You will pass Catch a Flav ice cream shop and stop for a yummy treat. Then come Screamin', Triton's Carrousel and the bathrooms behind it, then Toy Story Mania and adjoining games and shops. Across from this is food and the Sun Wheel then proceed westward to the Maliboomer and you will turn northward. On you right is the Orange Stinger then the pizza place on your left along with the SS Rustworthy play area. Onward you will pass the Jumpin Jelly fish then turn right and east. Wave as you turn past a bathroom and Mullholland Madness. Heading east on your right is the Golden Zephyr and the left is two shops and the Corn Dog Castle.
Finally you are at Golden Dreams and the new arena then your starting point.

i need a nap and may overwhelm you.

That bridge (it's actually a Pier) you see on the map is the major walkway. It takes you right in front of Ariel's Grotto not through the restaurant.

Easy answer: yes, there is a path that takes you down to Screamin and TSMM from Ariel's Grotto.

Esplanade - Es-pluh-nod (sorry, that's the best phonics I could come up with)

Thanks for all the help everyone. I guess my map reading skills are not very good as it totally looks like a little bridge and not a major walkway. I just wanted to plan the route for that FP collection.

Love this phonetics help! It helps me. I was guessing something similar (like the promenade deck on a cruise ship) but didn't want to say it wrong.

THANKS EVERYONE!!

Thanks for all the help everyone. I guess my map reading skills are not very good as it totally looks like a little bridge and not a major walkway. I just wanted to plan the route for that FP collection.

Love this phonetics help! It helps me. I was guessing something similar (like the promenade deck on a cruise ship) but didn't want to say it wrong.

THANKS EVERYONE!!
Esplanade and promenade decks rhyme with each other but do not rhyme with serenade or with promenade when you promenade your mate in a square dance.:teacher:
:lmao:

... How do you pronounce esplanade? ...

I pronounce it "DL/DCA Entrance." :)

But seriously, I think the term esplanade was "official" a few years ago, but lately has gone out of favor. JMHO, although I rarely use the term, I also think the last syllable in "esplanade" rhymes with "odd," and not "aid."

HTH :earsboy:

Easy answer: yes, there is a path that takes you down to Screamin and TSMM from Ariel's Grotto.

A wealth of information one can find here on the ol' Disboards. :thumbsup2

I'm guessing it's NOT appropriate to greet folks with a "Bon Jour" on the Es-pluh-nod ? :rolleyes1

:lmao::rotfl::3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter