Navigating the My Disney Experience (MDE) Web Site and App

So, you couldn't use wifi, and had to use your data plan to use the app. But when you used the app, why do you describe it as useless? Do you have any details or examples? Did you use a different app instead? If so, what was better about the other app?

Are we talking about performance of the app (things wouldn't load?)
Are we talking about information from the app (not enough? inaccurate?)

I'm just trying to get details about people's experiences so I can add to the front page of this thread. Then others can learn what works and what doesn't.

When I tried to use wifi, the app was unusable and wouldn't load.

I had to use my data in order to get the app to load.

Once I turned data on to use the app, we found it useful only for wait times/FP return times. We didn't use it for anything else, as I already had all the info I needed (ADR's, confirmation numbers, etc) put in as a note on my iphone, since MDE website claimed I didn't have any. :rolleyes:

we have a trip in June - I sure hope Disney sees how dysfunctional this app still is and doesn't implement FastPass+. I don't see how they could at this point, yet the testing is still happening in the parks - this is just so ridiculous. Sorry, needed to vent. I see things online, the app they don't show, how can they think this will work anytime soon! Thanks.

I have glanced through the last 4-5 pages of this thread and couldn't find a definitive answer to my question. We have rented through DVC and I can see that reservation on My Disney Experience. There are 8 of us in the villa and we are buying tickets soon. I want to be able to link those tickets so that we can take part in the Fastpass+ in November. Anyone have any advice on what I can do here? Am I out of luck or do I just need to get in line with everyone else on questions that have yet to be answered. My biggest concern is being able to take part in the Fastpass+. We have no choice but to buy tickets separately when renting through David's. Thanks

JT

I have glanced through the last 4-5 pages of this thread and couldn't find a definitive answer to my question. We have rented through DVC and I can see that reservation on My Disney Experience. There are 8 of us in the villa and we are buying tickets soon. I want to be able to link those tickets so that we can take part in the Fastpass+ in November. Anyone have any advice on what I can do here? Am I out of luck or do I just need to get in line with everyone else on questions that have yet to be answered. My biggest concern is being able to take part in the Fastpass+. We have no choice but to buy tickets separately when renting through David's. Thanks

JT

I think as of right now it's unknown how Disney will handle this.

JT

We can't answer because no one can do anything about it right now, so we don't know how it will be done. Other than rumors of testing having started, we haven't seen anyone who has actually participated in full testing, and that was only for resort guests. All the testing so far that I have seen mentioned has been "detached" testing.

I don't think you need to worry in general. According to the documentation available, as long as you have tickets, you will be able to participate - if ANYONE can participate, and if your particular situation (tickets purchased separately and need to be registered on the site) is included in those participating at the time.

I think most expect it to be rolled out in general by November. But then again, testing was supposed to begin a couple months ago...

However, if it isn't publicly available, or your group isn't included, it is expected that regular fastpass will still be available.

Well I think it's very odd that we haven't heard a single trip report from one of the people testing these. It's clearly being tested at some resorts by now, and yet we haven't heard a thing. It's almost like these people have signed a confidentiality agreement or something. Very very odd indeed.

The wifi was so bad in the parks when we were there in late March that a real-time test for a whole resort is unlikely until they get the wifi situation resolved. I'm guessing that is part of what has delayed things. Nobody wants a move to FastPass+ and then not be able to access the app that has all your passes in it. Trying to use "My Disney Experience" app in the crowded week before Easter was a joke at times. It was V-E-R-Y frustrating.

The wifi was so bad in the parks when we were there in late March that a real-time test for a whole resort is unlikely until they get the wifi situation resolved. I'm guessing that is part of what has delayed things. Nobody wants a move to FastPass+ and then not be able to access the app that has all your passes in it. Trying to use "My Disney Experience" app in the crowded week before Easter was a joke at times. It was V-E-R-Y frustrating.

Wi-Fi and the app will not be required to utilize FP+, it would just be a convenient way to review what you have and potentially change them. I doubt that is holding up testing.

doconeill said:
Wi-Fi and the app will not be required to utilize FP+, it would just be a convenient way to review what you have and potentially change them. I doubt that is holding up testing.

I'm inclined to disagree. How can you limit folks to 3 fast passes and sell it as a perk if the flashy Internet access aspects aren't easily accessible? In general I'm a Fastpass plus supporter but would be opposed to the non Internet backed version of the system being fully rolled out. I would also suspect, that doing so would create an even larger PR issue for Disney then Fp+ has already with their more in-tune fan base.

I'm inclined to disagree. How can you limit folks to 3 fast passes and sell it as a perk if the flashy Internet access aspects aren't easily accessible? In general I'm a Fastpass plus supporter but would be opposed to the non Internet backed version of the system being fully rolled out. I would also suspect, that doing so would create an even larger PR issue for Disney then Fp+ has already with their more in-tune fan base.

We know they are going to have kiosks around the parks and probably the resorts to use. How many, and how long the lines may be to make use of them, remains to be seen.

It is pretty near impossible to make Wi-Fi perfect in low use situations. Doing it in a situation like this is a networking expert's nightmare.

.... Doing it in a situation like this is a networking expert's nightmare.

I'm a bit surprised that Disney just doesn't have identified WiFi hot spots throughout the parks. Seems a lot easier than promising parkwide WiFi.

So there's a new iOS app version available this morning. 1.3.4. Not for Android??? I don't see a lot different, but I was finally able to delete a friend profile from my Family and Friends section. Previously, it told me I had to remove that person from reservations before deleting her, even though those reservations were in the past.

I've tried to do the same on the website where I had the same problem, but so far this morning I'm not able to access my profile page.

Stated improvements to the app include "quicker launch", something about fixing reservations, and better access to Here and Now. Can anyone who's had problems with their reservations comment on any changes? And I'd love to here from someone in the parks if there have been any performance improvements. I do notice that my app now loads faster.

So there's a new iOS app version available this morning. 1.3.4. Not for Android??? I don't see a lot different, but I was finally able to delete a friend profile from my Family and Friends section. Previously, it told me I had to remove that person from reservations before deleting her, even though those reservations were in the past.

I've tried to do the same on the website where I had the same problem, but so far this morning I'm not able to access my profile page.

Stated improvements to the app include "quicker launch", something about fixing reservations, and better access to Here and Now. Can anyone who's had problems with their reservations comment on any changes? And I'd love to here from someone in the parks if there have been any performance improvements. I do notice that my app now loads faster.

The FastPass+ placeholder also appears to be gone.

Oh how helpful. Thanks for letting us know of new version. Will update and see if the couple of bugs I have with my reservations have been resolved :-)

I just updated the app on my iPad and now it won't retrieve my reservations, plans etc.... It keeps saying data supply has been interrupted check connection. I wasn't having any trouble before I updated. Should I reinstall?

I just updated the app on my iPad and now it won't retrieve my reservations, plans etc.... It keeps saying data supply has been interrupted check connection. I wasn't having any trouble before I updated. Should I reinstall?

No, the whole reservation site is down today until around 2 pm. People over on the Restaurant Boards who were up at 6 am for their 180 + 10 are preparing a mutiny right now. (Especially those on the West Coast who just didn't go to bed last night)

This outage is affecting the new site, the old site, the TA site and the phones. I can only assume MDE is effected too.

That explains why I can't log in this morning. Thankfully I have nothing "important" to do, I was just trying to figure out some more ADRs. I can do it later.

mrzrich said:
No, the whole reservation site is down today until around 2 pm. People over on the Restaurant Boards who were up at 6 am for their 180 + 10 are preparing a mutiny right now. (Especially those on the West Coast who just didn't go to bed last night)

This outage is affecting the new site, the old site, the TA site and the phones. I can only assume MDE is effected too.

Thank you! I feel bad for all those people.

The FastPass+ placeholder also appears to be gone.

Right. I don't see it under the "My Reservations" -> "View All." But I do still see it on the next screen when I tap "View Past Items" all the way at the bottom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter