• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Navigating the My Disney Experience (MDE) Web Site and App

My dining reservations show under 'My Plans' in the app, but I don't expect to see room reservations there. Under 'My Plans', I would only expect to see things that are specific to only that day to be there like dining reservations. I suspect that once FastPass+ is live, those times would also show under 'My Plans'.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Online under "My Plans" it shows the resort reservation on the day of check in and check out. Which makes sense and I expect the app to be the same.....
However.... it is not.

I have been playing with/struggling with this app for over a week now. It only works on my iPhone and iPod. I am up and running can see my resort and dining reservations still working on linking my husband. As of today I have only been able to link him on 4 out of 18 dining reservations. I hope the app is fully up and running by April when we go.

I can see our resort reservation when I go to the More option and choose My Reservations, Rooms and Packages on both the iPhone 5 and the iPad 2. I can see restaurant reservations on both, but only if I view my friends and family's reservations. My daughter's name got assigned to her profile. And it still shows a reservation that we cancelled.

What I really like about the app is that I can see the show times and the wait times. We are leaving on Tuesday and this will be really nice to have. I've been learning where all the information is hidden. There are several ways to find out things like wait times and show times. One combination of clicks shows you the wait times ranked by length of the wait rather than by alphabetical order.

I've also used to map feature to look at the layouts of the parks and resorts. We've never stayed at the WL before, so it is nice to be able to get a better idea of the layout.

I'll be interested to see what happens to these reservations once our trip is over. I think there is a section for viewing past trips.

I can check in online, never did this in the past, and from what I've read I don't have any choice if I'm using My Disney Experience, correct?

There is no way to avoid placing a credit card on the room. I don't usually charge to my room, I prefer to place my charges directly on my credit card.

Has anyone been able to navigate around this?

My problem with the site is that I let my daughter's friend, who is coming along with us on our trip, change her character in the car. She also decided to put in her birth date, but she accidentally put in 2013 as her birth year. Then, without noticing it, I made ADRs. Finally, I noticed she was listed as an infant, so went in to change her profile. Only I couldn't. The message said I had to call customer service. Which I did. Twice. The second CM was far more helpful than the first and told me she'd put in a request to tech support. But it's still not fixed, almost 5 days later. So far she's only listed as an infant for some of our ADRs, and not our package reservations, so I'm inclined to keep it as-is rather than risk having to delete my ADRs and rebook.

I would caution against cancelling things in an attempt to fix bugs with the app or website. I say, keep your reservations and confirmation numbers. They're not going to turn you away because your "infant" isn't an infant, or because your son is listed twice.

The most important thing is knowing that Disney has the right information, not that it is displaying properly on the app or website. I suggest anyone having issues like these should contact Disney directly and verify that all resort reservations and ADRs are accurate in their system (or make them aware of a problem), and then sit back and relax until they fix their software. I know that can be hard when you're coming up soon on a trip (I've got one in late March, myself).

It seems that all these problems with the website and app are the reason they aren't rolling this MyMagic+ thing out yet.

Just my 2 cents. Hope everyone's trip works out!

I have a Room only reservation and I do not remember exactly what I got my room for each night. I went to the website and looked at My Reservations and as far as I can tell it no longer breaks down the reservation OR tells me how much I still owe.

Is there any way to find this information on the "new" website?
Thanks!

still can't pull up any resort reservations on my Iphone app.
This is a useless app!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:furious:

Our ADRs magically appeared after IPO made them for me. Every time I look tho they are arranged differently, sometimes in a list, sometimes in a calendar.

I won't even attempt to add my resort reservation. I'm sure there will be some sort of problem and I'd rather not even deal with that. I have my conformation email and tht is good enough! :thumbsup2

You can add your kids as Family without sending a friend request and you would still be able to schedule FastPass+ times for them. At least that's how I understand it based on the terms & conditions.

Depending on their age, if they have their own disneyworld.com account, you could send a friend request. Not sure at what age Disney allows kids to have their own disneyworld.com accounts.

Certainly not for marketing purposes.

So the app still isn't fully functional for Android right? There's nothing on the app for me to look at reservations or anything. Frustrating since our trip is 30 days away now.

So the app still isn't fully functional for Android right? There's nothing on the app for me to look at reservations or anything. Frustrating since our trip is 30 days away now.

Ditto! My trip isn't until May, but to be honest I'm hoping they'll just not have it ready by then and we can enjoy WDW as usual. Then I can just worry about it over the summer for our October trip. Maybe some of the bugs will be worked out by then.

Android app is essentially worthless. I put all my reservation info into the Lines app, along with touring plans, and it is beautiful! Of course I'm wondering how well that app will work once the new magic band/FP plus system is in place.

My resort reservation shows up on my computer but not my iPhone (and yes I made sure I had updated version of app). I tried to link the reservation on my iPhone but it wanted me to enter my phone number in the format (xxx)xxx-xxxx. I don't know how to make a paranthesis or dash with my iPhone keypad. .???

Hi everyone - I apologize if someone already pointed this out, but I can FINALLY pay on the website! Go to MDE and my reservations. click on view details. you have to wait a few seconds, but towards the top, remaining balance and pay now pops up in blue :thumbsup2

My resort reservation shows up on my computer but not my iPhone (and yes I made sure I had updated version of app). I tried to link the reservation on my iPhone but it wanted me to enter my phone number in the format (xxx)xxx-xxxx. I don't know how to make a paranthesis or dash with my iPhone keypad. .???

Your room ressie is supposed to show up when you tap More -> My Reservations -> Rooms & Packages

When using the iPhone app to manually link a resort reservation (also from that Rooms & Packages page), it asks for Confirmation Number and Last Name. I think if it's asking for your phone number, then it thinks your linking and dining reservation.

Hi everyone - I apologize if someone already pointed this out, but I can FINALLY pay on the website! Go to MDE and my reservations. click on view details. you have to wait a few seconds, but towards the top, remaining balance and pay now pops up in blue :thumbsup2

So, this website is so insane.... I still CAN'T view this.... on a chat last week (online w/ CM) they said that they were still "rolling it out" to all users. Sigh. :headache:

New Changes

Ok, there are a couple new things on the website. But I want to know what others see before I update the first page.

On the main MDE page on the right side under "Get Ready!" I see two new lineks: "Online Check-in Available" and "Purchase Tickets." I assume that I see the online check-in one because I'm within that 60-day window, and I wonder if others see something different? Please let me know.

I'm not sure if this is new... During the online check-in process, when I entered my credit card information, it asked me to set up PINs for the purpose of making purchases on your KTTW card (it did not say anything here about MagicBands). I got to set up a different PIN for every adult of the party including my 11 year old (it did not offer this for my kids under 10). As an option it had a check box to set all the PINs the same. Interestingly, on the final confirmation page, where it lists the party members and who has charging privileges, my 11 year old does not have it... only the true adults... which is actually the way I want it.

Now after I did the online check-in process, that new link "Online Check-in Available" link has chaged to "Modify Check-in."

I also notice that when I view my resort ressies under the "My Reservations" page, there is no longer a blue "Online Check-in" link under the confirmation number to the right.

I also have the "purchase tickets" link available. (I am booked with a room-only reservation)

However, I do not have "on-line check in available," presumably because my trip is not yet within 60 days.

I see similar changes.

If I view my reservation, there is a big "Check In" link...but all it does it show me the details. I'm still over 60 days away.

They also added a "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets" link, but it just takes you to the Resort and Dining reservation link page, still nothing about tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter