• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Navigating the My Disney Experience (MDE) Web Site and App

Like I mentioned earlier, the Android was only a bug fix/performance update. No new features. We're only at 1.1.1 - iOS version is at 1.3.1 at least...

While I agree not much, if anything is new - Those of us with a newer jellybean mr1 device can now at least use the app without it crashing.
LVSWL said:
I can't tell any difference after the Droid update :(

I have booked my Diney World Vacation through the UK Website of WDW.
I can't use my Reservation/Confirmation Numbers at MDE.
How can I use it?
Anybody knows?

I have booked my Diney World Vacation through the UK Website of WDW.
I can't use my Reservation/Confirmation Numbers at MDE.
How can I use it?
Anybody knows?

As far as I know they haven't officially rolled out MDE to anyone outside of the U.S., although there have been sporadic reports of sightings in Canada.

It doesn't really matter much right now - you can't do anything with it yet.

Hmmm...well...I can link my September reservation through my computer at work, but the new website looks all wonky. When I use the app on my iPhone and iPad, I can't see it. I can't seem to add it to my iPhone and when I try to manually add it on the app on my iPad, I get a message that says it's already linked and to click ok to see the details...I click...and nothing happens and no reservation details to be found. I also can't seem to get the new site on my iPad, just the old one, which ironically shows my reservation.

Fire14 said:
1-30 Ipad app updated and now has a reservations button and I can actually see my resort res and dining res when I push it.

I don't have a new update for iOS. Still working at version 1.3. That's the one that added access to resort reservations a couple weeks ago.

Hopefully the android app will catch up soon.

I don't have a new update for iOS. Still working at version 1.3. That's the one that added access to resort reservations a couple weeks ago.

Hopefully the android app will catch up soon.

I take that back. I just got the update this morning.

iOS Version 1.3.1: Additional fixes and performance improvements.

No changes in features that I see. Anyone else?

bigAWL said:
I take that back. I just got the update this morning.

iOS Version 1.3.1: Additional fixes and performance improvements.

No changes in features that I see. Anyone else?

Looks the same to me also.

Sounds like similar stability improvements like for Jelly Bean on the Android side.

I'm trying to get an better understanding of the disney and how it will be incorporated into the disney mobile magic app. The information available is very limited. Has anyone had a chance to test the new system yet to see how well it works. It sounds promising.

happycricket said:
I'm trying to get an better understanding of the disney and how it will be incorporated into the disney mobile magic app. The information available is very limited. Has anyone had a chance to test the new system yet to see how well it works. It sounds promising.

Nobody's tested MM+ (at least the FP+ portion) using the app as far as I know. Though others have seen FP+ as an option on the app in the past, I've yet to see it.

You will need to load the MyDisneyExperience app. The DisneyParks/Verizon Mobile Magic app will probably not be updated since Disney has created a whole new app for MM+.

Thanks to these boards, I knew to get the update this morning :)

1) The system no longer crashes when I (unsuccessfully) try to add my resort reservation. But I still can't add it. I soooo don't want to have to call them for this!

So, when I try to add my resort reservation, it insists that I have to add the people on the reservation. Unfortunately, it says that I have 5 people on it (there are only 4), so it won't let me confirm until this is done, and it can't be done. This is where it used to crash - I couldn't get out of that window without powering off my ipad and starting over.

Then it has ONE person permanently added (my 9 yr old son), with the wrong last name (hyphenated instead of just the one last name like on the real reservation) and the wrong birthdate (when I added him to my profile, I clicked ok too soon, and the wheel was still turning and put him as 2002 instead of 2003). So now the system thinks he's 10, but he's only 9. I can't remove him from the reservation, message is that he's already added and can't be removed. I tried deleting his profile, but it won't let me until I remove him from the reservation. AAARRRGG!

I was able to link my reservation on laptop, got the ipad app working fine (can see reservation), Android phone app still glitchy and not robust, and was able to friend my travel mates.

But, when I went to do 60-day online check in I was unable to use the CC I always do for Disney (my Disney Visa:thumbsup2) forcing me to use another card (which worked fine). So annoying. I am not calling them until next week to switch cards. It took my card Visa just fine for deposit on the room.

Question: I friended my guest, and she friended me -- we both accepted, and now she shows up twice. Any ideas on whether I should I leave alone for now (which is how I am leaning) or delete one? Or start again after deleting and unfriending both entries?

Still can't add my mom's account to our dining reservations so she can see them on her app. It just gives me an error message each time!

Still can't add my mom's account to our dining reservations so she can see them on her app. It just gives me an error message each time!

I'm not sure where your error is.

Using the website, I orginally created a managed profile for my wife. After she created her own account, I then used the "Invite" button to link her account to the profile I created. Now I can add her to new things, and she can see everything from her own account.

Has anyone been able to download the app to an Android Tablet? I have it on my Droid phone (agree the newest updates looks no different), but when trying to get it on my Nexus 7 tablet, it says not compatible with this device.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter