• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Navigating the My Disney Experience (MDE) Web Site and App

Android version is pretty basic compared to the iOS version. Fortunately we have DS's iPod touch if its not fully operational by our trip (and if FP+ is fully operational).

I logged onto wdw.com today from my laptop and was logged into the "old" version of the website for the first time in a few weeks. I also received the standard error about issues displaying reservations at this time (all my reservations are viewable on the "new" site and the iOS app).

Not sure if the old site was a glitch or what...

Thanks! I got this Playbook as a gift, so I hate to be a whiner ;) but all the apps that are released NEVER include Blackberry and it's so frustrating!

I will never have an iPhone and I don't want an Android. Love my BlackBerry and can't wait for BB10!

Here's a link to a July 2012 article from Orlando Attractions Magazine about the "beta versions" of the app stating that they would replace the Mobile Magic app early in 2013. It also states that apps for Blackberry and Widnows phones are expected to also be released, as well as a Disneyland version.

Finally, some love for BB! :thumbsup2

Newest update that I added today is a very interesting development...

As of 1/24/2013, the "Link Existing Reservations" option on the website has changed to "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets." Unless you have a vacation package, there still does not appear to be a way to link tickets purchased separately from the room. Any one with a package able to link tickets? Please let us know.

Just used the new website and successfully completed On-Line Check-In for our two rooms (which have two different reservation numbers, but which I was able to successfully link together on the website). We are 45 days out from check-in.

(Prior to today, when I tried to do On-Line Check-In, I just got a "Please wait while we complete your request" screen, which never went away.)

Just passing this info along to anyone else who might be in a similar situation.

Newest update that I added today is a very interesting development...

As of 1/24/2013, the "Link Existing Reservations" option on the website has changed to "Link Existing Reservations and Tickets." Unless you have a vacation package, there still does not appear to be a way to link tickets purchased separately from the room. Any one with a package able to link tickets? Please let us know.

We have a package booked. I just checked and I could only link the room it doesn't link our whole package yet.

sweetpea29488 said:
We have a package booked. I just checked and I could only link the room it doesn't link our whole package yet.

Are you able to see if if you or any of your family have tickets yet? And do you have the FP+ option? ( although I know you can't click on it yet)

I only ask bc we have a room ressie booked and can not see the pages that have the vurtal tickets on it.. That other have posted

Are you able to see if if you or any of your family have tickets yet? And do you have the FP+ option? ( although I know you can't click on it yet)

I only ask bc we have a room ressie booked and can not see the pages that have the vurtal tickets on it.. That other have posted

The only thing I can see is my resort reservation. It doen't show anything else even though I put in my reservation number and tried to link it. No fasspass option.

Lorilais_mommie said:

On the website, before 1/19 I could see a counter for each of my family members (under the edit page of their profiles) that listed how many virtual tickets and FP+ they had. Obviously these were "0." After 1/19 these counters are no longer there.

Maybe that's what you heard about but can't see?

bigAWL said:
On the website, before 1/19 I could see a counter for each of my family members (under the edit page of their profiles) that listed how many virtual tickets and FP+ they had. Obviously these were "0." After 1/19 these counters are no longer there.

Maybe that's what you heard about but can't see?

That's them...
I checked now and it just says room ressie and dinning..

I had not been able to get to my reservations via the UK website since the relaunch of the US one, and the UK site doesn't have the My Disney Experience button at the top....even using the site feedback resulted in replies of little help, a link that didn't work and a second that just said sorry, here's a list of your reservations..... however, I have just discovered that by typing "My Disney Experience" into the search field on the UK site will provide a list of pages in return. One of those pages.... "welcome to my Disney experience" was the login for my reservations (on the new site)... and there they were... my resort reservation and all of my dining reservations all on the same page.

:cheer2:

The Android app isn't working for me. I keep getting a network error, and
it won't take the username/PW I have on the website.:confused3

Not sure if this has been reported, but I'm in Canada(Ontario) and got the new site about two weeks ago. Was able to check in online for Feb. 4 arrival, DVC room only res.

I had not been able to get to my reservations via the UK website since the relaunch of the US one, and the UK site doesn't have the My Disney Experience button at the top....even using the site feedback resulted in replies of little help, a link that didn't work and a second that just said sorry, here's a list of your reservations..... however, I have just discovered that by typing "My Disney Experience" into the search field on the UK site will provide a list of pages in return. One of those pages.... "welcome to my Disney experience" was the login for my reservations (on the new site)... and there they were... my resort reservation and all of my dining reservations all on the same page.

Thank you. That works 100% for me too. Going via the International site doesn't work.

Not sure if this has been reported, but I'm in Canada(Ontario) and got the new site about two weeks ago. Was able to check in online for Feb. 4 arrival, DVC room only res.

Thanks! I've updated the first page with this info.

tbdharma said:

I'm also from Ontario but I can't access the website. It seems to be working for some Canadians but not others.

bigAWL said:
I wonder if GoofyGraham's trick would work for you?

I gave it a try but it kept redirecting me back to the old homepage or giving me an error message. I'll keep trying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter