• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Navigating the My Disney Experience (MDE) Web Site and App

inky dinky doo said:
I got that exact response when I tried to add the "wrong" kind of reservation. I finally noticed that their heading said "add a dining reservation," and I was trying to add my room ressie. :o Figured out where/how to add my room ressie, and the phone number went through smooth as silk.

Good luck!

Oh yes that is what I am trying to do! Where do I add the room ressie please? Thanks!

From what I'm reading here, the room ressie can't be added on the app (yet?). I was on the website when that happened to me. :confused3

Anyone found a way to make a payment through the new site yet? I've tried going back to the old site to do it but it won't load. I guess I can always call but paying online has always been so easy.

I am also from the UK and have been trying, without success to get onto the new website!

tan391 said:
I am also from the UK and have been trying, without success to get onto the new website!

Me too. No UK folk allowed it seems lol... Try changing your locale to US at the bottom after resetting the cookies on you pc. Worked for the main site for me once but havent tried it on this yet. I pretended I am american and hey presto it worked!

I was able to load my July DVC reservation and then book ADRs for all days during my stay. Unfortunatley, I had to book an ADR a day, right at the 180 day mark. I thought it was 180 + 10? Minor inconvienece.

My brother has had zero success booking ADR's. He logs in, and gets the dredded Donald pic with the message all are used to seeing. Using his IPad, he can access the "old" site and make ADRs just fine.

Funny experiment - I made an ADR using my account. Logged off and then let him log in on my computer. He tried to make an ADR and then got the Donald pic!

Me too. No UK folk allowed it seems lol... Try changing your locale to US at the bottom after resetting the cookies on you pc. Worked for the main site for me once but havent tried it on this yet. I pretended I am american and hey presto it worked!

I tried this as it worked on our last trip but this time it was a no-go!

katdralion said:
I tried this as it worked on our last trip but this time it was a no-go!

Oh dear they have wised up to it! Maybe they dont like our dress sense lol..

I was able to load my July DVC reservation and then book ADRs for all days during my stay. Unfortunatley, I had to book an ADR a day, right at the 180 day mark. I thought it was 180 + 10? Minor inconvienece.

My brother has had zero success booking ADR's. He logs in, and gets the dredded Donald pic with the message all are used to seeing. Using his IPad, he can access the "old" site and make ADRs just fine.

Funny experiment - I made an ADR using my account. Logged off and then let him log in on my computer. He tried to make an ADR and then got the Donald pic!

This happened to me too. Tried to make dining reservation 180 +1 based on our resort ressie (that is in their system) and it would not let me. I had to call and it was no problem, but took 15 minutes more than it had to.

woo hoo! My husband just got an update notice to his ipad, says new version of My Disney you will be able to view resort reservations! I will keep you updated on how it works!

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;47187150]This happened to me too. Tried to make dining reservation 180 +1 based on our resort ressie (that is in their system) and it would not let me. I had to call and it was no problem, but took 15 minutes more than it had to.[/QUOTE]

I had the exact same experience. I was making reservations at the 180 day +10 mark and couldn't. This was back in December so I was able to switch back to the old site and do it. At that point, I cleared my cookies and said I didnt want to go to the new site...not sure if that could work now!

I have an iPhone 5 and this is the worst app I have ever downloaded.
I have downloaded and deleted this app approximately 6-10 times today.
It has frozen and it has just kept looking like it was getting ready to set but no such luck.
Now, I am trying to link my hotel ressie (I'll be 60 days out on January 22) and it keeps saying my Reservation Failed to Link, my confirmation number or phone number do not match Disney's records. THEN, today at work, I called and sure enough it was correct so there is no reason why the app is not finding the match?????
Can anyone please help or has this happened to anyone?

I just loaded the update on my iPhone (version 1.3). Hotel reservations are now available!

They don't show up on the "My Plans" section. But if you go to "More" you can find it.

Unfortunately, as I was typing this, my app had an "unexpected error" and logged me out. Now it won't let me log back in.

They really need to work on the profile character pictures available. They have the main Mickey/Minnie/Goofy/etc. characters. They have most of the Princesses, but not Sleeping Beauty or Rapunzel (this is shocking to me). Strangely, there are the Incredibles (good for some families I guess), and the guys from Up, and Wall-E, and a few others. There's Buzz, but no Woody or Jessie, etc. None of the princes. Really missing a ton of other classic characters, too.

THIS! I know it's a minor thing, but c'mon, The Incredibles but no Daisy Duck? The Old Guy from UP, but not his wife? Monsters Inc? Hope they come out with more!

I did notice a place to add credit card information now on the web site. I updated to the latest version of the app on my iPad and it does have a lot more options.

My DVC reservations are showing up for 2 of the four rooms I have booked. The other two rooms does not list me as an occupant, so I apparently cannot see them. I guess that is ok.

I linked my resort reservations through the web site and they showed up on the app, so they are "talking" to each other.

I am not having any trouble booking Dining Reservations and assigning them to members on my friends list. <friends list is not my friend>

Update dated app!!! Thank god I can see my hotel ressie..

Now as anyone be able to see the FP+ button again yet? Or been able to add AP or UT tickets yet?

so the app has a wish list feature to kinda "plan your day" but without official reservations...I don't see this on the website or the virtual ticket fast pass buttons I was seeing before...

Yeah! Added my resort ressie through the app! Actually this is really cool! Cannot wait to be able to add tickets now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter