National rental car, carlson code & "variable rate"

mkymouse4ever

DIS Veteran
Ok, using the carlson code for national I'm getting a "variable" rate for the "extra" day (2 weeks + 1 day), what does that mean? ALSO: When printed it comes out: "Carlson lesiure group family pass" :confused: Do I need anything to go with this? Do you have to be in a club? I know mousesaver's says to use it and does not mention needing anything, but would like to hear from someone who used it. ::yes::

Thanks so much, MKY princess:

Originally posted by mkymouse4ever
Ok, using the carlson code for national I'm getting a "variable" rate for the "extra" day (2 weeks + 1 day), what does that mean? ALSO: When printed it comes out: "Carlson lesiure group family pass" :confused: Do I need anything to go with this? Do you have to be in a club? I know mousesaver's says to use it and does not mention needing anything, but would like to hear from someone who used it. ::yes::

Thanks so much, MKY princess:

It means the rate can change.

I used it last fall. When I got my receipt at the end, it listed all the days of the week and the rate for each day. In my case, the rate was the same for each day. I think that is where "variable" comes from, each day can be a different rate, rather than a flat per day or per week rate. My final cost matched my reservation, I don't think it means your rate can change from your reservation.

I used this code last month. The variable rate listed was what I was charged. I had no problem using this code and they didn't ask me for anything to use the code.

Originally posted by DebbieB
I used it last fall. When I got my receipt at the end, it listed all the days of the week and the rate for each day. In my case, the rate was the same for each day. I think that is where "variable" comes from, each day can be a different rate, rather than a flat per day or per week rate. My final cost matched my reservation, I don't think it means your rate can change from your reservation.

Originally posted by Tink42
I used this code last month. The variable rate listed was what I was charged. I had no problem using this code and they didn't ask me for anything to use the code.

Thanks! I feel much better now about this code. It's saving me another $24 over the last code I used and every little bit helps!.:teeth:

Have you tried the Priceless vacation codes? It saved me $30 over the Carlson code. Priceless is 6600330

Originally posted by HockeyDadof2
Have you tried the Priceless vacation codes? It saved me $30 over the Carlson code. Priceless is 6600330

If you are talking to me, yes, I tried it. It made my base rate very high for both of my trips. Not sure why.

I've basically tried every code out there, even the old DC code and this Carlson code gave me the best rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter