National rates????

msdis

DIS Veteran
I can't seem to get the rate down. Anyone seen anything good lately? We have Disney Visa, Emerald Club, Sam's Club, AAA, and all the codes seem to be worth about the same. We need last week in April. Do you think they are holding out or has the market just gone up? TIA

We are going the last week of April/first week of May for 11 days and the rates are not great right now. I'm hoping that some spring discounts open after President's weekend (that when alot of spring fares and rates seem to start). Right now I'm holding a ressie, EA, for an intermediate car. For 11 days my total is $333. I used the WWEB code, the vacation contract number (10% off) and vacation $15 coupon. It's not the best rate I've ever gotten, but not too bad for my starting reservation. I will modify it as changes occur.

Originally posted by n2mm
We are going the last week of April/first week of May for 11 days and the rates are not great right now. I'm hoping that some spring discounts open after President's weekend (that when alot of spring fares and rates seem to start). Right now I'm holding a ressie, EA, for an intermediate car. For 11 days my total is $333. I used the WWEB code, the vacation contract number (10% off) and vacation $15 coupon. It's not the best rate I've ever gotten, but not too bad for my starting reservation. I will modify it as changes occur.

what happens if you take the WWEB code out and let National assign the code? sometimes you shoot yourself in the foot by setting your own code.

:bounce: msdis, I got 13 days emerald club for $369.00 for the whole thing taxes too.
I used entertainment book and a code. I'll try to look up the code for ya later. YO

I'm also going the last week of April & having a hard time finding a good rate. I've tried various coupon combos too. A lot of coupons expire 2/10, maybe something new will open up then.

Gail, I'm hoping that I will just be able to book a new reservation as I've done in the past. I agree that the WWEB code is not a good code. Whenever I put it in, then take it out, it never goes back to what I had earlier. I usually have to dump my cookies and temp files to get it out of my machine. I personnally was waiting for the free day coupon for National. I've written them twice now asking where it was, but no response. I fullfilled the required usaged. I had a rental car in September for 8 days and in October for 10 days, plus got the confirmation from national telling me that I qualify. I am still waiting for the coupon. So hopefully I can pitch this ressie and start a new one with the new coupon.

BTW Gail, shouldn't you be packing? Instead of surfing the boards....that's what I should be doing, but watching the snow outside instead and surfing the boards.

BTW Gail, shouldn't you be packing? Instead of surfing the boards....that's what I should be doing, but watching the snow outside instead and surfing the boards.

Oh, probably, but, surfing is more fun. ;) I have my packing list, that is a start, right? In all honesty, it takes me about an hour to pack and be ready. The weather down there has me a bit confused right now. It changes WAY to much. I guess it is going to be jeans, long sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, and maybe, with luck some shorts and short sleeved shirts. I bet you are facing the same problem.

try this code. VRWK8 Not sure if it will help, but, what the heck, you don't have to accept the modification.

Don't give up hope. My 9 day EA reservation in Feb. started at $429 in October. As the months have gone by I have whittled it down to $188 by checking the rates every month. It's that way every time I rent. Closer is cheaper, why can't the airfare do that??:smooth:

Thanks everyone, looks like I'm not alone. DBIL arrives a day before us and he's depending on me to get him a good rate too. All this pressure!;)

Gail & n2mm-have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter