• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

National rates down slightly

Simbee3

DIS Veteran
I just checked the National website and found that the rates are down once again. Not by very much I made a new ressie and saved about 5 bucks. But every cent counts.
To think about 3 weeks ago I was at $268 and as of now I am down to $225. So keep checking everyone. :cool1:

Yes I noticed they are fluctuating daily now, so keep an eye on them. Not yet at the level my rate is at, but within $.03 so hoping to grab a lower rate very soon.... :sunny:

My ressie went down by $50 - still can't touch the price for same vehicle we have reserved thru Alamo, curiously, whose price just skyrocketed $150!

For us, the price was lower for Alamo then National...
We used bjs code MCO location,
9/14 10am pickup 9/20 4:30 drop off (considered 8 days)
$148.60 midsize

I just checked, and I just chopped off another $19 from my ressie. Have saved almost $60 in the last 2 weeks. Go check your ressie now!!!........

I have a reservation for 10/27-11/3, and it hasn't gone down at all. When are everyone else's reservations for?

Me neither, mine's gone UP $15 for a compact for 2 weekend days in just a week! Glad I've already reserved.

I just checked mine and was able to save another 25 dollars. I am going to check Alamo too. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Mine's gone up almost $100. 8/19-23 pick up Dolphin drop off MCO. PU 9am Drop 4pm. Emerald Club ID# CAWK rate and ND41 coupon. Intermediate car. Total $96 and change all taxes&fees. Now it's over $186! I want to add an hour to drop off and make it 5pm, but not is it'll cost $100!

4shinystars said:
Mine's gone up almost $100. 8/19-23 pick up Dolphin drop off MCO. PU 9am Drop 4pm. Emerald Club ID# CAWK rate and ND41 coupon. Intermediate car. Total $96 and change all taxes&fees. Now it's over $186! I want to add an hour to drop off and make it 5pm, but not is it'll cost $100!

Hi 4shinystars -

You are going at the same time I am (and same resort!). I reserved a car thru National for 5 days - picking up at Car Care Center and dropping off at MCO. I'm not going to use it as I found a better deal thru Hertz for a 7 day rental (unfortunately, that deal has expired). But I noticed the pricing for National is still the same as it was when I booked. It's really not any better than the price you have, but may allow you some flexibility with your pickup/drop off time - if you need to change.

Here's what I did: ContractID: 5125601 (Mousesavers, Amex rate), rate code: wweb or cawk - (doesn't seem to make a difference), coupon: ND41. Dates: Fri Aug 18 5pm (I think they are open until 8pm) - Wed Aug 23 5pm. Intermediate = $94 + taxes = $124. Caveat is you need an Amex card. I understand a shuttle could pick you up at your hotel and take you to CCC.

after thought - did you call National to see if you could just modify your existing ressie to drop off at 5pm? You are already paying for a full 5 days (seems like you should be able to drop it off as late as 8/24 at 9am for no add'l charge).

Have you started packing yet? It's getting close! :woohoo:

Carol

I have rentals with National every month for the next 6 months and nothing has gone down yet.
But I'm still hoping. :surfweb:

Thank you Carol. We'll be POPmates! Look for the decorated window-I'm in on the POP decorating box list. I haven't started packing, just panicking!
I'm debating changing the ressie. It'll be $10 more and I wasn't sure if the CCC would be harder to get to. I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. We don't really need the car an extra day, but again it is only $10 more.
Can I hold 2 reservations at the same time?

I booked Monday for September with the Entertainment Book code and $20 off coupon. I checked it again today with the same code/coupon, and the price went up by almost $70 (for two week rental). Ouch! :(

I was hoping it would come down not go up. I'll keep checking!

4shinystars said:
Thank you Carol. We'll be POPmates! Look for the decorated window-I'm in on the POP decorating box list. I haven't started packing, just panicking!
I'm debating changing the ressie. It'll be $10 more and I wasn't sure if the CCC would be harder to get to. I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. We don't really need the car an extra day, but again it is only $10 more.
Can I hold 2 reservations at the same time?

Pop decorating box list? What is that?

Yes, you can hold 2 reservations - just be sure to cancel one plenty of time ahead (check to see how soon you can cancel before without penalty - I'd think a day or two). I just re-read your earlier post, you got it for $96 including fees? Very good! I thought I read your grand total was $126.

Have you made a room request yet? I called Southwest to add a request, but may also fax a few days before. I requested non-smoking, 50's, pool view (I think the kids would like that). Though now that they are preferred, probably won't get it.

I'll PM you my schedule (so I'm not continuing to talk off topic). ;)

Carol

I just checked National, and the rates are down about $10 since this AM (2 Aug). I check at least 4x a day, and lucked out again. Hope they keep dropping till my trip (Aug 22). Good luck, everyone! :cool1:

Alright people you have to keep checking I went on again this afternoon and am now at $195 for 9 days. I used the entertainment contract ID and the $20 off coupon. And I am an emerald club member. I leave in less than 2 weeks and at this rate I will be paying little or nothing for this rental. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter