• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

National rates down - slightly

bashful4u

Mouseketeer
Just checked my ressie dates and the rates are lower. I was paying $265.03 - I rebooked for $235.03 using emerald aisle code and coupon 10 day rental. Every little bit helps! :thumbsup2

bashful4u said:
Just checked my ressie dates and the rates are lower. I was paying $265.03 - I rebooked for $235.03 using emerald aisle code and coupon 10 day rental. Every little bit helps! :thumbsup2

What size car are you getting for that price? And, does that price include an extra driver? Also, did you book it directly on the National site, or on another site? Thanks!

I booked it on the National site thru Emerald Aisle - so I got an intermediate car. Dates are 22-31 Aug. It does not include an extra driver.

We rebooked our rental early this morning (4am-sleepless night of a 2yo) ;) and our rates went doen like $22.
We used :Bj's code, and $20 coupon...We got 9/4-9/11 4pm drop off Intermediate Emerald Isle $162 total. :thumbsup2

Thanks, Bashful. I just saved $20. But......I couldn't modify my existing reservation online to get the savings......the same amount kept coming up. When I tried as if I was making a new reservation, I got the lower rate. So I called and my original reservation was modified on the phone to reflect the lower rate. This has never happened to me before. I've always been able to just get the better price online.....Yeah for the better rate though!! Thanks again.

I got a week of Emerald Aisle for $131.20, using Emerald Club contract number and ND41 coupon - August 8-14 (I know this is one day short of a week, but it was cheaper to get a full week than it would be to get 6 days). Am I likely to be able to do better than this?

thanks for the dates bashful...we are going in september and so far ours have not dropped

jackdis

one of the quirks when modifying a reservation is the cost will stay UP until you go one step before asking for permanent confirmation of a change, it concerned us too until we followed thru and even though the initial modification did not indicate any change when we completed the process the lower current rate was there

Finally, ours dropped.

I made ours back in April and had a rate of about $181 for an Int off the Aisle for the week of 9/9-9/16. Have been checking periodically and the rates had actually gone way up. This was using a WalMart code and the $20 off coupon.

Today I checked again and it's down $30 to $151. So I rebooked and cancelled the prior ressie. Also checked w/ the AMEX code (we have a card but I don't want to have the rental charged to the card, which they appear to do...this happened when we used this code in April), and it's actually higher than the Walmart rate (base rate is higher).

I can certainly handle $151 for the week (although our rental last November was actually only just over $100 for the week) considering the higher prices we've been seeing.

Now to check periodically to see if it will drop again.

Thanks for this update.

lawgs said:
thanks for the dates bashful...we are going in september and so far ours have not dropped

jackdis

one of the quirks when modifying a reservation is the cost will stay UP until you go one step before asking for permanent confirmation of a change, it concerned us too until we followed thru and even though the initial modification did not indicate any change when we completed the process the lower current rate was there

Thanks, law....so do you mean to go past where the 2 prices are compared, with the choice to keep the original or choose the modified, even if the modified shows as more there, it will be less after accepting? (wow...hope my run on sentence/question isn't as confusing as it sounds to me!!)
:)

No drop for October yet :sad2: , but you do give me hope for the future! :sunny:

jackdis

exactly as you said....once you pick the modified (even if it seems higher ) it will come up with the final rate and you still HAVE to accept it before it is confirmed on the next page

at least this has been our experience in the past .....

but just to be on the safe side we sometimes will also cancel a reservation after we have rebooked on a new reservation at a LOWER rate

when you are an EA member they have spot in the profile that keep track of your itineraries so they are easy to cancel

Thanks Law...I'm glad you completely understood what I meant. After rereading my post several times, even I was thinking "That jackdis sure has no clue!" LOL.......

Thanks to the DISers, I've gone down to $185 and started at about $240 with this rental!!!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter