• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

National Lampoon's Vacation

caveat lector

Mouseketeer
One of my favorite movies is about Clark Griswold "taking the whole tribe across country." Yes, I'm talking about National Lampoon's Vacation.

Was there ever any thought given vacationing with Mickey Mouse instead on Marty Moose?

Just wondering if anybody had any behind the scenes stories about the movie makers approaching the folks at Disneyland.

Hi!
I've never heard anything along those lines. Since National Lampoon is all about "lampooning" cultural icons and pop culture, I'm guessing they only ever intended to make fun of Disney.
Side note: I thought the moose was named Wally....The Griswalds went to Wallyworld, right.
:confused:

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I "thought" is was Marty Moose at Wallyworld. (Instead of Mickey Mouse at Disney'world')

Yep! You're right! Marty Moose at Wally World! I looked it up! I better eat more blueberries! (good for mental clarity)

Roy Wally was the Walt Disney-like owner of Wally World. And yes, the theme character was Marty Moose.

Whose the moosiest we know - Marty Moose
Whose the star of our favorite show - Marty Moose
M is for merry, we're merry you see
O is for oh golly, oh gosh, oh gee
S is for super swell family glee
E is for everything you want to be
M-A-R-T-Y
M-O-O-S-E
What's that spell?
Marty Moose, Marty Moose, Marty Moose
uh-yuck, that's me

And sadly, that is all from memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter