National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

luvflorida

DIS Veteran
This is one of my absolute favorite holiday movies! Every December I watch it, probably more than once. My kids have always found it funny, especially since the character Chevy Chase plays reminds them so much of their father! Clark Griswold IS my husband!

A few years back, my brother and his family were watching the movie, and actually had to call us on the phone. They were laughing so hard at the part were Clark is trying to string lights on his house and he staples his sleeve to the roof and knocks over the ladder. My brother said it reminded all of them of my husband.:rolleyes:

Favorite scenes: When the daughter is trying to tell the mom how "sick and twisted" it is to have to sleep with her brother when the grandparents are coming to visit.

Clark stringing lights.

When they go sledding on the super fast saucer.

The scenes with Randy Quaid are hilarious, especially when Clark tells him- "I couldn't have been more surprised if I had woken up with my head sewn to the carpet." Probably not quoted exactly, but close!

Chevy Chase is a riot throughout the whole movie, always muttering something funny.:)

love it, that with Christmas story is two cant miss Christmas movies for me

There are some very hysterical lines in that...none of which can be posted here LOL!

It is a riot and I think we will have to dig it out soon!

We LOVE this movie! A couple of my favorite parts are:

Clark flipping out

The department store with "Merry"

Eddie explaining the metal plate in his head and what happens when Catherine turns the microwave

The dinner table scene (Turkey/Aunt Bethany-Grace)

The whole movie is a riot!

I love Christmas Vacation too!! I just watched it Sunday while I was trying to clean my house. I ended up watching more than cleaning!!:sunny:

The big tree they get reminds me of my dad. He always get a way too big, huge tree!!! I also like it when they go sledding!!

One of my all-time favorites. We watch it all year round, not just at Christmas.

I love all the Vacation movies. They are the best. My parents call DH and I The Griswolds. :D

My family watches it every year on Thanksgiving to get us in the Christmas mood. :tongue:

My favorite character is Aunt Bethany. She's a riot!

This is one of my all time favorites too. I watched it a couple weeks ago as a matter of fact. I love when he gets stuck under the semi in the beginning of the movie and when he finally gets the lights to work outside. Heck, I like it all!

"Look kids, a deer" LOL, love that line too.

More hilarious each time I watch it, which I'm sure is now up to about 50 times.

I love this movie. The "Christmas Vacation" song at the beginning--always puts me in the mood...just have to figure out when my kids are old enough to appreciate the adult humor--I guess when they are 18!!! My little secret holiday classic.

Hubby can't tolerate it--thinks it is dumb. What does he know?
I finally bought it on video--but perhaps should upgrade to DVD.

Favorite scenes

*Clark saying Merry Christmas and uhh...a few other things to all the men heading to a meeting at his work.

*Lights coming on, going off, coming on, going off for the neighbors.

**"How did this happen.I don't know. Something must have come through the window, Margo. Then why is the carpet all wet, Tooooddd.". Cracks me up (not quoted exactly, sorry!!!).

*To this day I still look at semi's and wonder--just how the heck could someone accidentally find themselves under one (haven't found one tall enough yet :hyper: :hyper: ).

*Randy Quaid drinking egg nog in his oh so fashionable, a little too tight and a little too sheer shirt with that faux turtle neck thing---the shirt alone makes me crack up everytime!

*I'm so bad with names--"It's our first kidnapping"--Clark's wife!!

We just watched that this past weekend! It is one of my favorites - always makes me laugh. Especially cousin Eddie in his white sweater wearing a green dickie that you can see through the sweater - cracks me up.

Also Clark cutting the tree down in the yard to replace the burned one.

When they are trying to figure out why the lights aren't working - I always find myself yelling at the tv "the light switch!!".

Such a great movie!

I am oft refered to as Clark around here by the kids, sometimes Marie too. Hmmmmmmmmmm :scratchin Christmas Vacation and the first Vacation also, both classics. :)

I love when they're all sitting around the table, CRUNCHING on the turkey.

And when Eddie and Clark go shopping and Eddie springs the Christmas list on him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter