National Lampoons Aussie Vacation - 12/12/16 to 25/1/17 Universal - 40+ Days at Disney World

Yeh silly Photobucket giving me errors at the moment. Looking into it.... They dont like me linking to a forum and want me to pay now..... hmmmm.

Ok so thats not good. Photobucket no longer allowing 3rd party hosting. So all my pics in this thread will have gone. Thats not cool..... oh dear. Any other photo sharing sites that wont do this silly thing?

Yes photobucket sucks no warning. So all my pics from every post are gone. This will take awhile to fix ... oh well.

Slowly going through all the photo's again and using a different hosting site. Might take a week or 2 but pictures will slowly return to the posts. :)

Hey @wsssup

Loving your trip report. Had been following along enjoying all your photos and then photobucket stuffs it up! Grrr!

The longest we have spent at Disneyworld was 13 days - I take my hat off to you and your family.:worship:

Hey @wsssup

Loving your trip report. Had been following along enjoying all your photos and then photobucket stuffs it up! Grrr!

The longest we have spent at Disneyworld was 13 days - I take my hat off to you and your family.:worship:

Thanks for reading along. Slowly sorting out the pics again, so they will all be back up soon. It was a long trip thats for sure, but we needed to make it worth the while being so far away. No more trips until Star wars Land is open hehe.

Thanks for reading along. Slowly sorting out the pics again, so they will all be back up soon. It was a long trip thats for sure, but we needed to make it worth the while being so far away. No more trips until Star wars Land is open hehe.

Ah yes, we are saving up for Star Wars Land too....2019 seems so far away......

OH MY GOSH!!!! :jumping3:

What an amazing TR! I've binge-read :coffee: the majority of your report- how annoying about Photobucket. Can't wait to go back and read it in more depth with the pics. My boyfriend and I (living in Melbourne....not loving the weather at the moment!!...#classicMelbourne) are planning our Christmas :santa: Disney trip for this year (Vegas for New Years woohoo) and I've been so excited every time I've read something on the report that we have booked in common.

MVMCP on the 22nd (last party for 2017) - check! :thumbsup2
Be our Guest Reservation - check! :thumbsup2
My boyfriend and I obsessed with American Football (go Pats...i know i know...everyone hates us. My boyfriend has a soft spot for the Raiders...cherishes his Raiders hat and jersey. I bought him the raiders Nikes last year for chrissy and they look amazing. Can't wait to hit Ross's in LV for some more NFL gear because you're right...the NFL merch in Aussie is overpriced and poor selection)- check! :thumbsup2
Slightly dreading the looooong flight to Florida (My boyfriend and I travel to the US quite a bit so I'm ...well I wouldn't say "used to" the long flights...but I'm definitely "acutely aware and can manage my expectations" when it comes to the 24hour+ transits.)- - - check.. o_O

We haven't booked our FP+ yet (still awaiting our window to open in October) but the ADR's are booked. This whole planning part of the trip is so much fun.

I know you've mentioned the heat - I was/am honestly expecting the weather to be on the cooler side (not Melbourne "cold" but still nippy-ish). How hot was the weather during your trip? May have to re-think packing my puffer jacket. Hehe.

Erin

What an amazing TR! I've binge-read :coffee: the majority of your report- how annoying about Photobucket.

Thanks for reading along. I have a bit of free time tomorrow so will try to get the majority of pictures back up...

My boyfriend and I (living in Melbourne....not loving the weather at the moment!!...#classicMelbourne) are planning our Christmas :santa: Disney trip for this year (Vegas for New Years woohoo) and I've been so excited every time I've read something on the report that we have booked in common.

Yes Just like Game of Thrones, for Melbourne Winter is Coming hahaha. It sure is getting crappy and cold. Your Disney Christmas Trip will be awesome and sounds awesome.... Vegas wow.

MVMCP on the 22nd (last party for 2017) - check! :thumbsup2

Christmas party was cool, if you just go with the flow and take it all in you will have a blast.

Be our Guest Reservation - check! :thumbsup2

Im still on the fence with this one. My Wife loved it, and it looks amazing, food is terrible though.

My boyfriend and I obsessed with American Football (go Pats...i know i know...everyone hates us. My boyfriend has a soft spot for the Raiders...cherishes his Raiders hat and jersey. I bought him the raiders Nikes last year for chrissy and they look amazing. Can't wait to hit Ross's in LV for some more NFL gear because you're right...the NFL merch in Aussie is overpriced and poor selection)- check! :thumbsup2

Oh the Pats, lol. Great QB and amazing win for Superbowl. Since being back we found it cheap as buying online direct from the NFL store on Fanatics.com.

Slightly dreading the looooong flight to Florida (My boyfriend and I travel to the US quite a bit so I'm ...well I wouldn't say "used to" the long flights...but I'm definitely "acutely aware and can manage my expectations" when it comes to the 24hour+ transits.)- - - check.. o_O

Are you flying to L.A first the Orlando, or going Sydney, Dallas, Orlando? There's no easy way being in Melbourne is there... just have to power on and think of the end result. Coming home is another story hahaha.

I know you've mentioned the heat - I was/am honestly expecting the weather to be on the cooler side (not Melbourne "cold" but still nippy-ish). How hot was the weather during your trip? May have to re-think packing my puffer jacket. Hehe.

Each year it can be different. Before going we had read the last few years were pretty warm still, but sometimes it can be cold. But hey your in Melbourne so 18 degrees is T shirt weather,hahaha. It got cold a few nights, but we were out till 3am. A hoody was the most we went really. It was humid, and we hardly saw any rain for 40 days. Perfect weather :)

DAY 44 - 24TH JAN : ALMOST TIME TO GO

Sorry for the long wait. Reality and work is taking over. Time to finish this i think and upload photo's after, plus a special video coming as well.

So today was another beautiful day. The weather had been amazing here. Today we had to take our rental car back but before all that, it was a last mad dash to some shops. First on the list was K - Mart. Now in Australia K mart is killing it, and is one of our bigger stores. So let's check out the American K- Mart as we were aware the one near us was closing down.

cgEpvpR.jpg

Yes it was like a ghost town here. And upon entering it was a mess. The shelves were chockers, but a mess. For a store closing down you would think they would have pretty big mark downs, but Walmart was still cheaper. I think K mart would be keeping most of their stock and burning as they were not going to sell anything at almost full price still. We had a good look and found some things. We got some small suitcases - STAR WARS for next to nothing, and found a large amount of NFL gear and items. It was time to leave, farewell poor K Mart, you really look old and tired.

We made our way over to a few Walmarts and Targets on the way back to Pop Century. More goodies were found, and we were starting to wonder how we would get it all back. We purchased another suitcase, a much larger one at Walmart. We were going to leave one suitcase behind and use this massive one to fill up with all our goodies.

Back at Pop we offloaded and it was time to take the car back. It was only a short drive to drop it off, and was simple enough, pretty much just dump and run.
Back to Pop to begin the sad event of packing, getting ready for tomorrow. We were looking forward to getting home, but not the long flights.
Still did not want to leave. This had been a great holiday for us in such a wonderful place.

oSDOTh8.jpg

We finished off the day with a small Pizza from Art of Animation, haha. Oh you Americans make everything so big, lol. It was time for rest, to try and get a good sleep before our long travels tomorrow. For little did we know it was going to be painful, with Delays.

Ack, just what you need, delays on the way home on top of already long flights :sad2:

I must say I hope you post pics of ALL your luggage together because I want to see how much you took home :thumbsup2:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter