• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

National - Car class sold out

dreamer

Mouseketeer
What should we expect? We have reserved a full size from EA at National. Now when I price check is shows that the car class is sold out. What should I expect to see on the EA? This might sound dumb, but how will I be able to tell the difference between a standard or midsize and a full size? I do hope they have a van or 4x4 for us, but will need at least a fullsize.

An intermediate would be a Pontaic Grand Am or Olds Alero. Anything bigger than that would be full size. I believe a standard is a 2 door full size (the example they use is Chevy Monte Carlo), they don't have a separate row for standard, they are in with the full sizes. They don't have a midsize class.

I would not expect anything more than a full size and you may have to go to the full size aisle to get it. When I was there last month, all that was on the aisle was intermediate or smaller. You may get lucky and they will have something bigger, but don't count on it.

That happened to us last June. We had ressies, but when I rechecked the site just for prices, it said that minivans were sold out for that time period.

I called, and was tols that since we already had ressies not to worry, since a car had been "earmarked" for us. Not only wasn't it a problem for us (since we already had ressies), but there seemed to be plenty of everything on EA when we arrived. Hope your luck is the same.

Patti

A Monte Carlo is considered a 2 door full size car. A standard would be a Malibu type car.

I just did a two-class upgrade to a standard (paying rate for compact) and two different reps told me that a Monte Carlo was considered a standard - just like CRO, I love the way we get different info from different reps!(standard is supposed to be one level below full)

Well, I think that I have a different version of Full Size than rental car companies! I don't think the Monte Carlo is that much bigger than an intermediate. However, if you go the car rental web site they tell you what they consider what!

The Malibu I had 2 years ago was considered a full size, that's what printed on my receipt. I don't think it was any bigger than an intermediate Grand Am. The Monte Carlo is bigger than a Malibu. I don't think I've seen a "standard" aisle at MCO. They had a Monte Carlo in the full size aisle the last time I was there, in addition to a bunch of Malibu's and some others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter