Nasty smell by Aloha Isle / Dole Whip

At our trip to MK last week, there was an awful garbage-y smell at the "standing eating area" to the right of Aloha Isle. I had to move away it was so bad.

I noticed this on a previous visit as well.

I'd have mentioned it to a CM, but just then DW and DD showed up for us to ride Pirates.

Anyone else noticed this?

Don't bother mentioning it to a custodial CM, look for a manager (name tag with business casual attire). If this many people have noticed it, it needs to be dealt with.

Didn't notice a garbage smell when we were at the MK on Tuesday, did notice that the entire area of Adventureland smelt like cigarette smoke.

Yes the dole whips aren't but the soft serve ice cream is that they swirl with it when I get them......has been that way since I was a kid, some 35 years now
its the ice cream..trust me....sorry it's not something more sinister,lol

When a frozen dessert is designated "non-dairy," it means that the
the soft serve is non-dairy.

It is not mixed with "ice cream."

The soft serve is a product similar to that shown below-
vanilla-soft-serve-ice-cream-mix-non-dairy-6-cs.jpg

When a frozen dessert is designated "non-dairy," it means that the
the soft serve is non-dairy.

It is not mixed with "ice cream."

The soft serve is a product similar to that shown below-
vanilla-soft-serve-ice-cream-mix-non-dairy-6-cs.jpg
~Technically, Dole Whips can be considered a dairy product -- just because a product is labeled as non-dairy does not equate to it being entirely void of any dairy component(s) -- it can just mean that there is a very low percentage of dairy ingredient(s). Specifically, Dole Whips contain the ingredient Sodium Caseinate - (A Milk Derivative) that comes from the milk protein Casein. The majority of individuals with milk allergies may suffer a severe allergic reaction when exposed to Casein. With that said, Dole Whips are lactose free, so most people who suffer from lactose intolerance will not experience any symptoms. Milk allergies (allergic) and lactose intolerance (non-allergic) are different. Those with milk allergies know exactly what to look for, as most products with Casein are legally labeled as non dairy, in part, due to the low percentage of dairy in the product. Just sayin'... :goodvibes

There are certain plants that have a urine/vomit odor. Unfortunately,I have encountered some in theme parks before. That might be it?

Yup..When we lived in Charleston , the condo complex had a lot of plants outside our porch and it always smelled like vomit all the time

Yup..When we lived in Charleston , the condo complex had a lot of plants outside our porch and it always smelled like vomit all the time

The plants near Aloha Isle are "non-vomit."

Miracle_Gro.jpg

At our trip to MK last week, there was an awful garbage-y smell at the "standing eating area" to the right of Aloha Isle. I had to move away it was so bad.

I noticed this on a previous visit as well.

I'd have mentioned it to a CM, but just then DW and DD showed up for us to ride Pirates.

Anyone else noticed this?

After all of the years they have been serving Dole Whips out of this building, I am sure that the sugar, fruit, and milk products are taking the toll on the area. A really good flushing is needed. So Just (don't) hold your breath. TDBIASWS. :thumbsup2

The plants near Aloha Isle are "non-vomit."

Miracle_Gro.jpg

:lmao:

We also noticed the smell on our September visit this year. It was fine the first week, but the second/third week we were there it really did stink. However it cannot be the plants as once we had our whip/float, we always went and sat on the concrete 'benches' at the foliage and it was fine there.

By the way, they took all the plants out of that bed during our last week there and had planted some little shrubs/flowers in there and it made no difference.

Kona65 said:
After all of the years they have been serving Dole Whips out of this building, I am sure that the sugar, fruit, and milk products are taking the toll on the area. A really good flushing is needed. So Just (don't) hold your breath. TDBIASWS. :thumbsup2

I did smell it too and I also came to this conclusion.

Sad to say I noticed this on our September trip. I got on line and then decided not to get one since it smelled so bad like vomit. :crazy2:

One more opinion wouldn't hurt would it? I believe that if one of Robo's famous maps exists for this, you would find that the entire area is close to where the Vacuum Garbage pipes outlet. Just a little to the side of the show building for PoTC, if I remember correctly. But, wherever it is exactly located would be relevant on certain days if the wind direction happens to be just the right way.

Air flow around the buildings might just zero that location in. I remember that same thing years ago at Casey's, but that could have been totally unrelated.

One more opinion wouldn't hurt would it? I believe that if one of Robo's famous maps exists for this, you would find that the entire area is close to where the Vacuum Garbage pipes outlet. Just a little to the side of the show building for PoTC, if I remember correctly. But, wherever it is exactly located would be relevant on certain days if the wind direction happens to be just the right way.

Air flow around the buildings might just zero that location in. I remember that same thing years ago at Casey's, but that could have been totally unrelated.

Well, if proximity is an issue...
The closest attraction is Pixie Hollow.

And, everyone knows, TINK'S in there. ;)

MK-HubLibSqMeets-W_053112.jpg

MK-Advld_Aloha_S_031010.gif

Well, if proximity is an issue...
The closest attraction is Pixie Hollow.

And, everyone knows, TINK'S in there. ;)

MK-HubLibSqMeets-W_053112.jpg

MK-Advld_Aloha_S_031010.gif

Not exactly where I was thinking. It's the other end of the parade route that connects directly with Frontierland. Just down that backstage road is the collection point that I recall from a few years back, Keys to the Kingdom Tour. I don't know why it wouldn't smell bad all along the Street in Frontierland, but there is a tunnel near Aloha and that might concentrate and chimney air directly to that spot.

I don't know, just speculating, but, heck, it's possible!:scratchin

I bet it is the trash moving system or where they load it because we were there at Christmas last year & they were letting people out through the back area on Main Street behind the shops where you come out by Tony's. It smelled so bad in that area. I had to plug my nose until we were out. Just gross. It was that same vomit trash smell.

I tend to agree with this guess I live in a pretty rural and the back of the property is alot of foliage every now & then when the temp & humidity is just right there is that smell
When I first moved here being a 'street wise' native New Yorker with s vivid imagination I envisioned a body back there

:scared1: Law and Order via I-4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter