• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nassua with DCL

RPMNSmith

Earning My Ears
HI, All the excurtions sound great, Does anyone have ideas which ones are best for 11& 10 year olds. Also which ones to aviod.

Which cruise are you on in April?

My DD (9) would rather stay on the ship and go to the club than go out. There's much more to do on Castaway Cay.... I've heard that the Blue Lagoon Dolphin excursion is fun....

Virgil
pirate:

I highly recommend doing an excursion and taking a quick trip to the straw market.

We did the Blue Lagoon Beach Day. Calm waters and good snorkeling. Lunch is provided.

We also did the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel. We had a great time. With the ages of the kids, I would pick this one. My ds-12 and niece-12 had a wonderful time. Even though you may not know how to snorkel, they will explain what to do. Even then, all you really need to do is float (vest provided) and put your face in the water to see alot of fish. One of my favorite stories is about my niece. I could hear her squealing through her snorkel the whole time. It was her first time and she was really excited to go out on the route at CC.

This second one is back around 1-1:30 which leaves you plenty of time on board or to go into town.

Have fun! :hyper: :hyper:

DO NOT pick the historical tour of Nassau!! We did this and hated it! (our kids hated it even more!) They didn't return when they were supposed to. Kept driving around and around. (I know they thought they were being nice but everyone just wanted to GET BACK after 3 hours.)

We also enjoyed he blue lagoon beach day. Just a wonderful place to relax. Still not as nice as CC though. - Mike

Thanks for your Help. Were going to WDW on April 18 and DCL on April 22. I don't know how to set up the count down clock.
Have anyone heard if Ardastra garden tour or Discover Atlantis is worth it. Should I wait until we Sail to decide. We do want to go to the Pirate museum.

I guess it all depends on what the kids like. We did the Historic Nassau tour and loved it. We really liked the Old Military Forts. We also went ot the Pirates Museum. It was very cool.
In the past we have done the Atlantis tour and it too was very nice.
I think is just so much to do and see in Nassau you should get out there and do something.
You will at least have an experience and most likely a bit of fun. :crazy:

I wouldn't waste my time or money on the glass bottom boats. We did that last time with our kids (8 and 12 at the time) and they both hated it.

I would like to hear more opinions too regarding the Historic Nassau Tour or the Ardastra Garden tour. We were considering both of these very strongly and now am a bit nervous. I wanted to get the kids out to learn a little about the history and culture and to see some sights without necessarily spending too much time in the straw market. Help!!! (My kids are 6 and 9) TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter